May 2009 | I-751 Filers

Just got the news from my attorney that they have received the NOA and 1 year extension. But I haven't seen it at my home address. Hope they didn't messed up the address part. Because 2 years back they mailed my EAD to my old address which was never used on my applications. Just listed on my marriage cert.

Next step... wait for BIO appointment notice.

Will keep you guys posted.

Got my FP/Bio notice today for the 18th. Not the best day for me, as I have a huge "thingy" at work that day, but at least it's in the morning, so it should be OK. Looks like VSC is moving along faster than I anticipated. :eek:

By the way, the application number on the notice is not working on-line for me. I remember that somebody has mentioned that it takes a while for the number to get into the system, so I'm not that worried. I'll just keep checking.

How'bout "yous?"

Got my FP/Bio notice today for the 18th. Not the best day for me, as I have a huge "thingy" at work that day, but at least it's in the morning, so it should be OK. Looks like VSC is moving along faster than I anticipated. :eek:

By the way, the application number on the notice is not working on-line for me. I remember that somebody has mentioned that it takes a while for the number to get into the system, so I'm not that worried. I'll just keep checking.

How'bout "yous?"

I have not received mine yet :p grrrr... Maybe Birmingham ASC is busier? That hardly makes any sense.

I have not received mine yet :p grrrr... Maybe Birmingham ASC is busier? That hardly makes any sense.

Well, I don't think my theory was correct. Looks like pretty much everybody, who applied around the same time as us, has been getting the 18th, no matter where. Maybe it's just that the mail service is slower in Alabama and you'll get your notice in a day or two. Probably for the 18th, too... ;)

Dear friends,

I recognize some of you from 2007 when I briefly visited these pages in connection to filing my AOS. Some of the information that I got from these forums were very valuable in helping me file for my greencard. I got my conditional green card in September 2007.

I am ready to file for removal of condition shortly. However I am encountering a unique situation that I want my more experienced friends to please comment on. This past April my company scrapped my position and I was let go. I looked for job here in US but things are unusually cold out here at this point. In the meantime, I got an offer from an overseas company with great career prospects. Keeping in mind my own as well as my family's interest I am accepting that offer.

Now this poses some issues. I have to leave in next 2 weeks (June 20th). My 90 day period for filing for I 751 starts on June 18th. Once I file I understand the biometrics is typically done with in a month. Suppose say by July 18th.

The overseas assignment is for an extended period of time and to be on the safe side I have filed for reentry permit, i.e. I-131 (I might hang on to this job for more than a year). My biometric is already done for I-131. The big issue that I am facing is that I will have to fly back all the way to I-751 biometrics around July 18th.

Does any of you know that biometrics that was done for I-131 would suffice for I-751 as well? Or, I have to fly in for I-751 biometrics, no matter what. Even if they have my fingerprints and photos current on USCIS's file.

Please share your thoughts. I am really puzzled over this.
Btw, I am moving to Singapore and coming back to US just for biometrics would be a big hassle, not to talk of taking time off within 1st month of the new job.

Really appreciate your time.
Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
They require you to do another round of biometrics for your I-751. You might need to chat with an experienced immigration expert regarding your moving overseas.

Dear friends,

I recognize some of you from 2007 when I briefly visited these pages in connection to filing my AOS. Some of the information that I got from these forums were very valuable in helping me file for my greencard. I got my conditional green card in September 2007.

I am ready to file for removal of condition shortly. However I am encountering a unique situation that I want my more experienced friends to please comment on. This past April my company scrapped my position and I was let go. I looked for job here in US but things are unusually cold out here at this point. In the meantime, I got an offer from an overseas company with great career prospects. Keeping in mind my own as well as my family's interest I am accepting that offer.

Now this poses some issues. I have to leave in next 2 weeks (June 20th). My 90 day period for filing for I 751 starts on June 18th. Once I file I understand the biometrics is typically done with in a month. Suppose say by July 18th.

The overseas assignment is for an extended period of time and to be on the safe side I have filed for reentry permit, i.e. I-131 (I might hang on to this job for more than a year). My biometric is already done for I-131. The big issue that I am facing is that I will have to fly back all the way to I-751 biometrics around July 18th.

Does any of you know that biometrics that was done for I-131 would suffice for I-751 as well? Or, I have to fly in for I-751 biometrics, no matter what. Even if they have my fingerprints and photos current on USCIS's file.

Please share your thoughts. I am really puzzled over this.
Btw, I am moving to Singapore and coming back to US just for biometrics would be a big hassle, not to talk of taking time off within 1st month of the new job.

Really appreciate your time.
Thanks!

You know what guys both my EAC's from the extension letter and bio notice arent coming up on the Status Check thing for USCIS. Why is that?

I filed through VSC and from Atlanta and the timeline is as follows...

1/12 - File sent
1/16 - Receipt date
1/20 - NOA/Extension Received
1/27 - FP Appointment letter Received for feb13th
2/13 - FP Done

Then wait and wait until

6/9 - Approval of Removal of Conditions Letter received with approval decision date of June 02

Letter says that in 60 days I should receive the card.

I filed through VSC and from Atlanta and the timeline is as follows...

1/12 - File sent
1/16 - Receipt date
1/20 - NOA/Extension Received
1/27 - FP Appointment letter Received for feb13th
2/13 - FP Done

Then wait and wait until

6/9 - Approval of Removal of Conditions Letter received with approval decision date of June 02

Letter says that in 60 days I should receive the card.

Did you get any e-mails from CRIS? any touches?