May 2009 | I-751 Filers

I have received the bio appointment letter today. Does anyone know if they take and keep the original of this notice when i show up?
also is there any record which they would give me as a proof that i was there?
Thanks
Dave

The answers are:

1. No.

2. Yes.

In other words:

They stamp it with a red stamp & date it in ink & they give it back to you as proof you appeared for biometrics.

Last edited by a moderator:
No updates.

Well you haven't received your biometrics letter and I haven't received my extension letter through the mail yet! Wanna exchange places?

5/16 - Filed I-751 jointly to VSC

5/20- Delivered to VSC

5/22- Checks cashed

5/25- CRIS updated online LUD

6/3- I-797 Biometrics NoA received with case number and ND 5/22

6/11- I-551 one-year extension of GC stamped in passport via Infopass

6/16- Biometrics done

I-797 NoA extension letter not received via mail

Telephone inquiries to USCIS 1-800 number: 2

Current status: WAAAIT

So, I did my biometrics yesterday. It was fast and hassle-free, just like two years ago. Maybe even faster...

Also, the number from the FP/Bio letter finally works on-line. The LUD on this application was today.

Interestingly, the application shows up as CRI89, and not I-751. I did a quick search on-line and it seems that this is the new "code" for removal of conditions. Oh well, as longs as it works...

Nothing yet. I'd not want to trade places with anyone. But this is getting stupid. I paid $545 for this, give me my biometrics appointmen now! :mad:

5/16 - Filed I-751 jointly to VSC
5/20- Delivered to VSC
5/22- Checks cashed
5/25- CRIS updated online LUD
6/3- I-797 Biometrics NoA received with case number and ND 5/22
6/11- I-551 one-year extension of GC stamped in passport via Infopass
6/16- Biometrics done
I-797 NoA extension letter not received via mail
Telephone inquiries to USCIS 1-800 number: 2
Current status: WAAAIT

hey, thanks for ur previous reply! I would have another question:
How do u see your case status online? I did try the EAC numbers from the Appointment notice and it sais: Your case can not be found at this time in Case Status Online
I can see in your timeline that within a week of filing you could see status.. WHat number do I have to use?

Thanks,
Dave

I can see in your timeline that within a week of filing you could see status..

Thanks,
Dave

No, I couldn't see status until I had a case number, which was two and a half weeks from when I filed, and I got that number from the biometrics I-797 (if it depended just on the extension I-797 C I wouldn't have a case number to this day). Once I got the case number starting with EAC in the mail, I checked online on 6/3 and that's when I saw the LUD from 5/25. They probably just haven't activated your number yet even though they assigned you one.

As you can see a few people in this club are missing something, just not the same thing. I filed almost two weeks before you and I still don't have an extension letter but you do, Praetorian filed almost a week before me and still doesn't have a biometrics appointment but I'm done with mine, and so on.

Update... just got the biometrics appointment notice today. Appointment is set on July 3rd. What a relief! It looks like CSC is moving again...

Not sure if this came about from my inquiry or not...

Update... just got the biometrics appointment notice today. Appointment is set on July 3rd. What a relief! It looks like CSC is moving again...

When I went for my infopass appointment I couldn't help but notice the local USCIS was going to be closed on Fri July 3 because the 4th of July falls on a Sat this year. You might want to inquire with your local office to make sure it is indeed open that day.

No, I couldn't see status until I had a case number, which was two and a half weeks from when I filed, and I got that number from the biometrics I-797 (if it depended just on the extension I-797 C I wouldn't have a case number to this day). Once I got the case number starting with EAC in the mail, I checked online on 6/3 and that's when I saw the LUD from 5/25. They probably just haven't activated your number yet even though they assigned you one.

As you can see a few people in this club are missing something, just not the same thing. I filed almost two weeks before you and I still don't have an extension letter but you do, Praetorian filed almost a week before me and still doesn't have a biometrics appointment but I'm done with mine, and so on.

Yepp, I see that everyone is missing something.. maybe i wont ever have online tracking... Just out of curiosity when u scheduled ur infopass for the stamp what option did u select if u did it online? Because all the options seemd to require something like and order from a judge or a case for more then 45 days with the call center etc... I didnt really see any option which is just general services on the case.
THanks,
Dave

When I went for my infopass appointment I couldn't help but notice the local USCIS was going to be closed on Fri July 3 because the 4th of July falls on a Sat this year. You might want to inquire with your local office to make sure it is indeed open that day.

Thanks so much for the warning... you may be right. I think we'll just do a walk-in early and avoid the whole potential issue.

Just out of curiosity when u scheduled ur infopass for the stamp what option did u select if u did it online? Because all the options seemd to require something like and order from a judge or a case for more then 45 days with the call center etc... I didnt really see any option which is just general services on the case.
THanks,
Dave

Yes there is an option which says "you need information or other services". Click on that instead of "you need service on a case that's already been filed" which has the sub-options that confused you.

Today I received my I-751 Receipt notice with receipt number.
However , when I tried to check the status online, it says that my case couldn't be found..
when I can be able to check my case online if so? or probably I am doing smth wrong?
thanks

However , when I tried to check the status online, it says that my case couldn't be found..
when I can be able to check my case online if so? or probably I am doing smth wrong?
thanks

The Receipt Number on NOA1 isn't good for tracking. The Application Number shown on the ASC Appointment Notice is the right case number for tracking.. But for example I got the ASC notice yesterday but tracking is not live yet..Hopefully they activate it soon:)

Yes there is an option which says "you need information or other services". Click on that instead of "you need service on a case that's already been filed" which has the sub-options that confused you.

Thanks:) its good to know just in case something goes wrong ... lets just hope I wont need an infopass appointment.

wow your prediction says you should be approved by September? I think thats kinda BOLD ;)

So, I did my biometrics yesterday. It was fast and hassle-free, just like two years ago. Maybe even faster...

Also, the number from the FP/Bio letter finally works on-line. The LUD on this application was today.

Interestingly, the application shows up as CRI89, and not I-751. I did a quick search on-line and it seems that this is the new "code" for removal of conditions. Oh well, as longs as it works...

Wait till you do your biometrics to use that bio EAC number to see your case status online. I went thru what you are experiencing. Humans run USCIS so it kind of takes time my friend ;)

thanks

wow your prediction says you should be approved by September? I think thats kinda BOLD ;)

Well, I didn't take it out of the thin air. This is based on several recent timelines at VSC. I'm surprised myself, but it seems that VSC has recently sped up. So far, they've been actually ahead of my guesstimates...

Edit: I just looked again at five recent cases filed at the VSC early this year. The average approval time for those was 124 days. That puts me exactly @ 9/12. Of course, this is just a guesstimate, so we'll have to wait and see...

Well, I didn't take it out of the thin air. This is based on several recent timelines at VSC. I'm surprised myself, but it seems that VSC has recently sped up. So far, they've been actually ahead of my guesstimates...

Edit: I just looked again at five recent cases filed at the VSC early this year. The average approval time for those was 124 days. That puts me exactly @ 9/12. Of course, this is just a guesstimate, so we'll have to wait and see...

Well, your guesstimates are wrong with me :( I am still waiting on my biometrics appt.

I am definitively driving to my ASC saturday morning if i have not gotten anything by friday. I am sick of waiting.