May 2009 | I-751 Filers

I am bored of waiting, but according to the GuessTimates... i got 1 more week. :p

Well, I'm patiently waiting here. Just got back from out of town and have a million things to catch up on, so I have no time to be bored... :cool:

By the way, where is your Application Support Center? Is it also in Atlanta? I'm pretty sure the location of ASC influences the timeline, as some centers are busier than others.

Received Biometrics appointment notice yesterday. Scheduled for 6/18/09 in New Rochelle, NY.

@ ttinatl & PraetorianXI: I'm guessing your notices will arrive this week. VT is not too far from CT.

PS: You were right about not needing a passport. The GC and a DL will suffice for the appointment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Received Biometrics appointment notice yesterday. Scheduled for 6/18/09 in New Rochelle, NY.

@ ttinatl & PraetorianXI: I'm guessing your notices will arrive this week. VT is not too far from CT.

PS: You were right about not needing a passport. The GC and a DL will suffice for the appointment.

Thanks for the info, hollywoodfj!

Is the ASC in New Rochelle a busy one? I wonder if my theory is correct. :D

I join this forum a bit late. I am a may filer too. But filed in California Processing Center. Anyone out there doing the same? Attorney said package was mailed on 19th and was delivered in 2 days (Mailed from Hawaii). We filed a bit late due to wife in hospital and delayed the documents processing. So we have only little over 30 days remaining before the conditional GC expires.

Based on the timeline I see, most people get their NOA about 10 to 14 days. I am at aday 14th but still no news. I did moved so I did what PraetorianXI did in my petition. Attorney is telling me it could take a month to receive any NOA!! Personally, my attorney is very incompetant in this matter. Only good at H1B cases.

Any advice?

I join this forum a bit late. I am a may filer too. But filed in California Processing Center. Anyone out there doing the same? Attorney said package was mailed on 19th and was delivered in 2 days (Mailed from Hawaii). We filed a bit late due to wife in hospital and delayed the documents processing. So we have only little over 30 days remaining before the conditional GC expires.

Based on the timeline I see, most people get their NOA about 10 to 14 days. I am at aday 14th but still no news. I did moved so I did what PraetorianXI did in my petition. Attorney is telling me it could take a month to receive any NOA!! Personally, my attorney is very incompetant in this matter. Only good at H1B cases.

Any advice?

You should have dumped your lawyer and done it on your own. I too filed in California initially and received my GC in 109 days from when we mailed the applications. Everything you need to know regarding how to package your file is on this website. Next year when you file your N400, you can save the $2Gs by doing it yourself. :)

I don't think New Rochelle would be too busy. What is your theory?

I would think that busier centers, like the one here in Atlanta, might have a longer wait time. We shall see. Now we have ATL, New Rochelle, and Birmingham to compare. ;)

I would think that busier centers, like the one here in Atlanta, might have a longer wait time. We shall see. Now we have ATL, New Rochelle, and Birmingham to compare. ;)

I still stand by the fact that your Bio will get to you on day 20 after you last notice!!

Thanks Hollywoodfj. I do want to dump the attorney. At the time of agreement, my wife and I were having some issues so we were not sure if we going to make it. So I kept the attorney just in case. She is to shotty that when I asked if the fee check have been cleared, she didn't even know. I asked her for the mail receipt that it was delivered, she said they all bundled together so it didn't indicate my name but she confirms that it was delivered.

I will give it till the end of this week. If I or the attorney still didn't get a NOA, I am going to infopass.... too soon you think? See, my HR is pressing me to give them some updates since my current CGC is going to expires pretty soon. So I am under pressure to get it quick.

All yall timeline looks really good..... may be budget cut in CA.... less people to look into the case now....

I got my biometrics notice today but I still dont have the letter extending my conditional green card for a year.

How's not receiving the extension going to affect employment? My HR has been chasing me to get the NOA and the extension for my continue employment. Very worry. Any thoughts?

Thanks

How's not receiving the extension going to affect employment? My HR has been chasing me to get the NOA and the extension for my continue employment. Very worry. Any thoughts?

Thanks

it's going to "terminate it". You may need to take a leave of absence or vacation/sick time until you get it... once the GC has expired.

This is serious. How can USCIS expect we going to last not having a job and pay the bills if they do not give us extension while the case is pending? Can't we demand anything from them like call in Infopass to ask for an extension? I don't always see that the extensions are given from these forums so I am a bit nervous. Plus, my NOA is not even here yet.

Thanks

that'd be expected from USCIS to happen... :p

I am still waiting... I need to schedule my time-off for that day.

Prea, I talked to a IO on the phone in reference to my approval. I asked him for fun what date they were up to for i-751. He told me VSC is up to March applications. Thought I would let you know....

Hi,

Add me to the club.

Filed: I-751 to VSC jointly

Sent date: 5/16 certified mail return receipt (5 lb 3 oz evidence, joint financial info/travel/utility bills/family photos etc. but no kids yet)
Delivery date: 5/20
Checks cashed: 5/22
Biometrics NOA: 6/03
Biometrics appt: 6/16

I am worried b/c I haven't received the extension letter NOA yet and it's been exactly two weeks since they received my package (mail came and went today). My GC expires the last week of July.

There was a case number listed on the biometrics letter starting with EAC which I used to register online with CRIS. Online status quote "on 5/22 we received your application and mailed you a notice advising you how to proceed." The biometrics NOA is dated 5/29 and was mailed 6/01 (reached me 6/03) so if they did mail me anything on 5/22 it should have been the extension NOA (although that hasn't reached me at all). Suggestions or similar situations anyone?

Basically, what should I do to get the extension?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Guys,

I thought I would join this forum. Like the rest of you, I am very anxious to get this stuff out of the door.

5/19 - Mailed I-751 via priority mail
5/27 - DHS cashed check
5/29 - Received NOA