May 2009 | I-751 Filers

My estimate is that the second notice of action, the one with your bio notice is sent about 20 days after you recieved your extension letter. Based on data i played around with ;) So your June 8 is 4 days early.

Wanna bet? ;)

We'll see... They are only estimates. Like I said, these are average times taken from about 10 recent cases (January and later) submitted to the VSC. Obviously, there was some variability there, but on average that would be the timeline. I'll let you know. :D

Wanna bet? ;)

We'll see... They are only estimates. Like I said, these are average times taken from about 10 recent cases (January and later) submitted to the VSC. Obviously, there was some variability there, but on average that would be the timeline. I'll let you know. :D

Where do you work anyways?

Still waiting for check to be cashed...

We moved from CA to CT last October, so there was a change in the Service Center. I hope that doesn't hold things up.

Also we never received a reminder notice even though we submitted address changes to USCIS :confused:

Well, Mr. Scientist, you were right in your estimates.

I got my Notice of Action (extension letter) for the i-751 today! :D

ps: The Receipt Number is still the same as in the check, but it still is not registered online :(

Well, Mr. Scientist, you were right in your estimates.

I got my Notice of Action (extension letter) for the i-751 today! :D

ps: The Receipt Number is still the same as in the check, but it still is not registered online :(

Ha! Right on the money, eh? :D

Same here. Got my NOA today, too!

As for the number, it does say in the letter that the number on the ASC appointment notice will be the one to be used on-line. See that? I think you actually mentioned that earlier, so you were right. :cool:

I'm so jealous with these people...I sent my I-751 like way in April, and I still don't receive even a single thing from USCIS Vermont...WTF!!!

Hey, out of curiosity, what was your Receipt Time? :p

Mine is 18:07 PM

Looks like you were slightly ahead of me. Mine was 5/15/2009 @ 20:21.

So, just to make sure, I take this letter, my expired green card, my passport, and I can travel out of the country and come back, right?

I was actually thinking about getting my passport stamped with I-551 "just in case," but I've read somewhere that they won't do that if I have some other proof, i.e., the extension letter.

Looks like you were slightly ahead of me. Mine was 5/15/2009 @ 20:21.

So, just to make sure, I take this letter, my expired green card, my passport, and I can travel out of the country and come back, right?

Ha! I am winning then :D

Yes, that is all you need to travel. But i am pretty sure you can get the i-551 stamped. After all it is a lot EASIER to travel with expired GC and stamped passport...

I will be traveling soon, I lost my expired GC and I got my passport stamped, and I do have the letter (i don't even think I need to bring the letter since I got my passport stamped

Well, I guess I'll go and try to get my stamp, then.

I remember reading that they refused to do it for somebody who had the expired card and the letter. They said that was enough.

Since the DO is around the corner from my house, I think I'll give it a shot. I have a feeling that it will be much easier to cross the border with a stamp, rather than the letter. Depending on the officer at the airport, of course.

Hey PraetorianXI & ttinatl:

Looks like I'm one day behind both of you. :)

BTW, does anyone know if my wife will need her passport for her Biometrics appointment. It expires in a couple months and if she doesn't need it for her biometrics appointment, we'll have it done now. (When we renew, it will be in the Embassy's possession for 6 weeks)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey PraetorianXI & ttinatl:

Looks like I'm one day behind both of you. :)

BTW, does anyone know if my wife will need her passport for her Biometrics appointment. It expires in a couple months and if she doesn't need it for her biometrics appointment, we'll have it done now. (When we renew, it will be in the Embassy's possession for 6 weeks)

Passport probably not needed for BIO app. My guess. They dont even care about your passport when coming into the US from Canada with a green card, why would they care at the DO? Just take your state ID with you and bio notices.