May 2009 | I-751 Filers

I am also still waiting for my bio appointment letter. I still didn't get my NOA at my address. Only my attorney received it. She told me it is normal. Really?

Welcome Davben.

It seems that I am the only one applied at CSC? Anyone out there that filed in May at the same center?:confused:

Hi Guys!
I just wanted to say hi to you! I am still here :)
My "window" to send I-751 starts June 17-September 17, so I am pretty close. I still need to "assemble" my evidence folder. I should probably send it within 2 weeks.

So how long does it usually take to get approved? 5-6 months?
I read some of you wrote something about an extension letter, what is it? And do you need to apply for it? Or do they just send it to you??
Glad to be back :)
Talk to you soon!

I am sweating... I am more paranoid than most, because I KNOW what happens when you miss your biometrics appointment and a few weeks later get a letter saying "application denied due to failure to appear for biometrics".

So, anyways, either it got lost in the mail or they haven't send it... I called USCIS hell hotline and of couse got nothing out of it... they placed a service request, so I am supposed to hear something back in 45 Freaking Days! :mad:

Hi Guys!
I just wanted to say hi to you! I am still here :)
My "window" to send I-751 starts June 17-September 17, so I am pretty close. I still need to "assemble" my evidence folder. I should probably send it within 2 weeks.

So how long does it usually take to get approved? 5-6 months?
I read some of you wrote something about an extension letter, what is it? And do you need to apply for it? Or do they just send it to you??
Glad to be back :)
Talk to you soon!

I filed I-751 through VSC and got approved in 4 months, so yeah 4-6 months seem a solid ballpark estimate.

The extension letter is like an advance parole type of thing, you carry it along when travelling because when they see you green card is expired they automatically ask for this letter. It comes right back after you sent your application, within 2-4 weeks. This letter also serves as back up to expired green card to keep your job as you are still a permanent resident for 1 year as per extension letter.

Good luck putting your application together...

I am sweating... I am more paranoid than most, because I KNOW what happens when you miss your biometrics appointment and a few weeks later get a letter saying "application denied due to failure to appear for biometrics".

So, anyways, either it got lost in the mail or they haven't send it... I called USCIS hell hotline and of couse got nothing out of it... they placed a service request, so I am supposed to hear something back in 45 Freaking Days! :mad:

don't panic pana, u still got 1 year as per your extension letter, what's 45 days?

good luck.

this guy is in the same boat I think, his NOA - extension letter was dated May 20th. So def. they haven't send it and your option of getting lost in the mail is out of the picture imo.

Hi there every one!!!!
i join the 751 club.......
is been 5 weeks since we received the extension letter...... but no Bio App Letter yet
751 mailed to CSC, any body with the same situation??????

Bio letter

hey,

does anyone know if the bio appointment letter comes from the Service center(VSC for me) or from the local ASC?

Thanks

KARTASCO,

I am not so worry then. I see that most people get their BIO appointment after about 2 week from the NOA/extension. The only reason I am so nervous (other than the fact that my life is on the line here) is because I didn't get NOA letter but my attorney did. I will have to hope that the attorney's copy (original) will work if I need to travel outside of the US. Attorney say it is normal but I am just a bit concern over that.

I am give about 3 to 4 week for the BIO letter to arrive. Tomorrow will be week 2.

Lets keep each other posted. I don't see that many CSC applicants here. VSC seems to be haulling a$$ (am I allowed to say this) so CSC better catch up!

Thanks

Something is up with CSC. I received my NOA on 5/15, but nothing since... no Bio.

I also have a service request in.

Hey Hayden.

No news my side either. I just hope they are not cutting people at CSC due to the state budget deficit. could be good (pushing through more approvals to get though the piles of applications) could be bad (delays and might see the opposite where cases might be sent to other SC)

Very frustrating….

I filed I-751 through VSC and got approved in 4 months, so yeah 4-6 months seem a solid ballpark estimate.

The extension letter is like an advance parole type of thing, you carry it along when travelling because when they see you green card is expired they automatically ask for this letter. It comes right back after you sent your application, within 2-4 weeks. This letter also serves as back up to expired green card to keep your job as you are still a permanent resident for 1 year as per extension letter.

Good luck putting your application together...

Thank you so much for all the explanation!
I will check back with you guys after I send my stuff... we will see how long it will take for my GC to approve, I hope they approve it, but you can never be sure with these guys ;)

update

I have received the bio appointment letter today. Does anyone know if they take and keep the original of this notice when i show up?
also is there any record which they would give me as a proof that i was there?
Thanks
Dave

Davben, Your timeline is the same as mine but I have not received any bio appointment letter yet. But it is best to make a copy for yourself. I believe they will generally give you a receipt of some sort when you are done with the Bio. Unless they have changed.

So what is going on with all of us that filed at CSC? Are they slacking at CSC?