May 2009 AOS filers

second stage and ulyss: You guys already got EAD and AP approval...wondering why i am not getting that USCIS approval Email. my priortiy date is almost same as yours. Do you guys know what is the Reason they are not touching my application?? My FP is done two weeks ago

thanks
Guru

Give it another week or two. we just had a holiday weekend(memorial day) and things may have slowed down.
In the meantime, you can call FBI and ask them if the FingerPrints have been sent back to USCIS.

FBI Background check

I called FBI last week, they said they completed and sent back results same day to USCIS on may 22nd .

Give it another week or two. we just had a holiday weekend(memorial day) and things may have slowed down.
In the meantime, you can call FBI and ask them if the FingerPrints have been sent back to USCIS.

Received AP for both my parents.

Received AP for both of my parents in the mail today.

DO : Tampa - FL
-----------
04/28/2009 : Sent AOS for Parents(I-130,I-131,I-485,I-765)
04/29/2009 : Package Delivered.
05/05/2009 : Checks Cashed.
05/08/2009 : Received all 8 NOAs
05/15/2009 : Received FingerPrint Notices for 06/02/2009
05/19/2009 : FP done -> walk -in
05/29/2009 : AP and EAD approval email for both of my parents.
06/05/2009 : Received AP in the mail.

When I try to update and save my signature I am getting the following error:

" Your signature cannot be longer than 500 characters excluding BB code markup"

I have seen people with long signatures, how do they do it?

" Your signature cannot be longer than 500 characters excluding BB code markup"

I have seen people with long signatures, how do they do it?

I don't think you can have more than 500 characters in your signature. maybe they are including their long timelines in the body of the message than the signature itself.

Can you copy and paste the signature of those people with long signatures and see what happens?

Last edited by a moderator:
some questions

I received my AP document in mail today.

Could anybody help me answering my questions regarding the AP since I knew little about it? I do not understand why USCIS sent us 2 duplicates of the authorization? So is that true that everytime we enter US, we will be waiting in a different line to get inspected, the document will be stamped by the boder inspector and taken away by them too? It seems that AP is only valid for one year, what should be done after it is expired just in case 485 is still pending?

Another question is I want to travel out of US next month, could I use AP? As it was stated in AP, it is not guaranteed for admission back to US, my concern is USCIS has not touched my 485 yet.

I also received another CRIS email today saying my EAD is in production, my question is I had already received a similar CRIS email in the beginning of this week, these 2 emails are exactly the same except the dates they ordered my EAD card are different, is that possible that they ordered 2 cards for me? Does anybody have any similar experience?

Thanks!

Received AP for both of my parents in the mail today.

I don't think you can have more than 500 characters in your signature. maybe they are including their long timelines in the body of the message than the signature itself.

Can you copy and paste the signature of those people with long signatures and see what happens?

Hi second stage, even your signature is longer then mine so I am not sure why I am unable to modify mine.

I became USC on 5/20/2008 and I applied for my mom on 5/07/2009.

khilonna,
Use 09 instead of 2009 and remove the empty line.
You can also remove you N400 timeline since it's irrelevant at this point.

I do not understand why USCIS sent us 2 duplicates of the authorization? So is that true that everytime we enter US, we will be waiting in a different line to get inspected, the document will be stamped by the boder inspector and taken away by them too? It seems that AP is only valid for one year, what should be done after it is expired just in case 485 is still pending?

Another question is I want to travel out of US next month, could I use AP? As it was stated in AP, it is not guaranteed for admission back to US, my concern is USCIS has not touched my 485 yet.

I also received another CRIS email today saying my EAD is in production, my question is I had already received a similar CRIS email in the beginning of this week, these 2 emails are exactly the same except the dates they ordered my EAD card are different, is that possible that they ordered 2 cards for me? .

I think everyone gets 2 copies. I believe one of it is retained by the IO at the POE.

You may have to apply for AP again after a year.

I received 2 emails for EAD card production. the second one tells you when they 'actually' mailed out the card.

Hope this helps!

Great, thank you second stage!

I think everyone gets 2 copies. I believe one of it is retained by the IO at the POE.

You may have to apply for AP again after a year.

I received 2 emails for EAD card production. the second one tells you when they 'actually' mailed out the card.

Hope this helps!

Just wanted to post my status here. Hope everyone gets the approval soon. Fingers crossed...

5/27/09: Sent package by UPS 2nd day air (130,131, 485)
5/29/09: Received by USCIS chicago
6/3/09: Notice date (PD)
6/6/09: Checks cashed
6/6/09: Received all three notices

Received EAD for my parents.

Received EAD for both of my parents in the mail today.

DO : Tampa - FL
-----------
04/28/2009 : Sent AOS for Parents(I-130,I-131,I-485,I-765)
04/29/2009 : Package Delivered.
05/05/2009 : Checks Cashed.
05/08/2009 : Received all 8 NOAs
05/15/2009 : Received FingerPrint Notices for 06/02/2009
05/19/2009 : FP done -> walk -in
05/29/2009 : AP and EAD approval email for both of my parents.
06/05/2009 : Received AP in the mail.
06/06/2009 : Received EAD in the mail.

CSC transfer?

Has USCIS transferred any May filers case(s) to CSC so far? Please check your case status at USCIS.gov if you haven't so far.

Looking at the March and April time-lines, most of them have been transferred within the first month or so after applying.