May 2009 AOS filers

I guess you could try early walk-in as long as you have a valid reason. It seemed that the early walk-in and on-time appointment does not have that much big difference in speeding up the processing.

Hi All,
I did file my AOS in May'09,and i have received my FP appointment,please is there any negative implication of doing a walk-in before your scheduled appointment?though i noticed in this forum that lot of applicant have done a walk-in.

Thanks!

It's been almost 2 weeks since my package was delivered but I have nothing to show for it. Checks have not been cashed and no NOA.
Looking at a few NYC filers, it looks like i should get something by this weekend.

Does anyone know if there exists some case where they receive the NOA before the checks are cashed?

It's been almost 2 weeks since my package was delivered but I have nothing to show for it. Checks have not been cashed and no NOA.
Looking at a few NYC filers, it looks like i should get something by this weekend.

Does anyone know if there exists some case where they receive the NOA before the checks are cashed?

Sometimes checks can take upto 30 days to post but you will not be receiving NOA without your checks being cashed. If its been more than 30 days then make an Infopass(just to be sure your package isn't lost somehow).

Did you send a personal check? certified check?

People who did FP after me already got their EAD and AP. I need EAD to start looking for job right near my home. I dont know whats going on with USICS.
Guru !!

I think you should get it within the next 1-2 weeks.

You can start job search now but make it clear you'll present the EAD or start work with the EAD once they make an offer.

Sometimes checks can take upto 30 days to post but you will not be receiving NOA without your checks being cashed. If its been more than 30 days then make an Infopass(just to be sure your package isn't lost somehow).

Did you send a personal check? certified check?
Of course, I used personal checks for all my dealing with uscis for tracking purpose.

Here is my USPS tracking info
Your item was delivered at 2:00 PM on May 29, 2009 in CHICAGO, IL 60680 to INS 805887 . The item was signed for by R MERCADO.

Now, I can call 1800 and ask for second level IO but without any number, would they be able to track it?
Also, look at the timeline of I-130 I filed for my brother.

How does the 485/130 package is processed after the lockbox? From my reading, they will be done national level so local DO does not play into this picture at all. That means busy DO like NYC (lucky me) isn't a factor in how fast from RD to NOA.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now, I can call 1800 and ask for second level IO but without any number, would they be able to track it?

How does the 485/130 package is processed after the lockbox? From my reading, they will be done national level so local DO does not play into this picture at all. That means busy DO like NYC (lucky me) isn't a factor in how fast from RD to NOA.

You should probably call but am not sure if the second level IO would help.

Did you call up your bank(or the automated line) and ask them if the check got cleared and somehow it didn't post to your account online(can take upto 5 days at times)?

EAD and AP approval

Thank you secondstage. I dont need to wait anymore. I just check my status online and they approved my EAD and AP yesterday. Yaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy i m very happy. Now i can work for any employer and fired my blood sucking employer.
Receipt Number: MSCXXXXXXXXXXX

Application Type: I765, APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On June 10, 2009, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Receipt Number: MSCXXXXXXXXXXXX

Application Type: I131, APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On June 10, 2009, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I131 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

I think you should get it within the next 1-2 weeks.

You can start job search now but make it clear you'll present the EAD or start work with the EAD once they make an offer.

HI Guru: Congratulations to you for getting your EAD and AP approvals!

Yes.....thats right....early walkin doesnt speed up your case. I did my walkin FP one week before actual date and still waiting for EAD. some People who did FP after me already got their EAD and AP. I need EAD to start looking for job right near my home. I dont know whats going on with USICS.
Guru !!

Hi Braider, I would suggest you to call your bank and see whether they could pull out any information for you.

Hi Braider, I would suggest you to call your bank and see whether they could pull out any information for you.
Both checks showed up as cashed in my online account today. They were cashed as 6/11. It's a full 2 weeks from receipt to cashed. I hope to receive NOA in a few days.

Parents applied for their SSN

Today, my parents applied for their SSN.

DO : Tampa - FL
-----------
04/28/2009 : Sent AOS for Parents(I-130,I-131,I-485,I-765)
04/29/2009 : Package Delivered.
05/05/2009 : Checks Cashed.
05/08/2009 : Received all 8 NOAs
05/15/2009 : Received FingerPrint Notices for 06/02/2009
05/19/2009 : FP done -> walk -in
05/29/2009 : AP and EAD approval email for both of my parents.
06/05/2009 : Received AP in the mail.
06/06/2009 : Received EAD in the mail.
06/12/2009 : Parents applied for SSN.

Guys i would like your opinion. I sent my I-485 based on pending I-130, so i also included a copy of pending I-130. Recently it got approved, so i am wondering if i should send a copy of approval notice with a copy of NOA for I-485, or uscis will connect that without me doing anything?
Thanks!!

Guys i would like your opinion. I sent my I-485 based on pending I-130, so i also included a copy of pending I-130. Recently it got approved, so i am wondering if i should send a copy of approval notice with a copy of NOA for I-485, or uscis will connect that without me doing anything?
Thanks!!

USCIS should make the connection. However, it doesn't hurt to include your I-485 NOA(copy) with the I-130 approval copy and write up a small cover letter.

AP Received

Today i received Two copies of AP.
Now waiting for EAD.......hopefully will get it by end of this week

I checked online and USCIS said that they already received the documents I submitted for the RFE for my I-485 last June 11, 2009. How long do you think it will take for them to once again process the case together with the I-765?

Also - I recently moved but have informed USCIS online and through Form AR-11 of my change of address. Do you guys think that would affect my case processing time?

I checked online and USCIS said that they already received the documents I submitted for the RFE for my I-485 last June 11, 2009. How long do you think it will take for them to once again process the case together with the I-765?

Also - I recently moved but have informed USCIS online and through Form AR-11 of my change of address. Do you guys think that would affect my case processing time?

The process should start again soon..maybe a week or so delayed.

The address change may affect the processing time. just make sure you check the mail at the previous address for couple more weeks.

I walked in today to do the finger print appt scheduled on 6/24, but was not allowed to do it =(. I am in san jose.

Received email that Mother's EAD was ordered on 06/16/2009. Does this mean that her finger prints were OK? Can she still get a RFE for PCC?

Thanks
SG