May 2009 AOS filers

For some adjudication officers to have said that they don't tell to applicants whether application is approved or not after concluding the interview; or telling that they don't put a stamp on the passport about the temporary evidence of green card (I-551) if application does get approved then it's just a matter of their own personal modus operandi than as a matter of policies established/implemented by USCIS.

Most officers do tell the applicants if they do approve the application and most of them do issue/put a stamp on the passport about the temporary evidence of permanent residency...and many times without asking the applicants if they do want to get the stamp or not. So it's all about an individual officer's personal modus operandi. However, it is true that USCIS had stopped putting stamp last year until a few months ago because of fraud. Previously stamp wasn't included the seal of Dept. of Homeland Security; instead it used to be a simple ink stamp that anyone can forge to come to the US shores...at least up to the airport but now it contains the official seal of the dept. So, USCIS has re-started issuing the stamp.

Further, many officers just forget to take I-94, EAD, re-entry permit but that doesn't mean that application will not get approved. Sometimes they purposely don't take these documents as they need to get second opinion from their supervisor on the case.

Also, the status or emailing status on USCIS site shouldn't be taken seriously. Why? Because many times people don't get any email but do get their green card in themail. Some get emails a way back receiving the green card. So it's not worth to be worried on online status because online status doesn't always get updated by USCIS.

Thank you for your response.

I was just hoping to know right away like so many others have here on the forum. I guess you can say I am impatient, but I was hopeful that my "waiting" would be over the day of my interview. Plus the fact that I'm waiting gives me more time to think that they might be trying to find something to deny me even though I do not think there is anything there.

Oh well....so is life. I'm just going to have to be tortured for another couple weeks so it seems.

but I was hopeful that my "waiting" would be over the day of my interview.

As I've said more than once on this site that nothing is over with USCIS unless at least one becomes a US citizen. Secondly, one should not always expect to be told at the conclusion of the interview that application is approved, or about getting stamped or receiving an instant email regarding card production. It's all depend upon each individual officer. Recently on Monday (14th of this month) I went to local office with someone on that person's AOS interview. At the conclusion of the interview, lady officer got up from her chair and walked up to this girl, I was with at the interview, and congratulated and hugged her for the approval of her case. She even stamped her passport right away without even asking her but this girl received the email after two days later on September 16 about the production of card. On the other hand, many people get emails right away or in a few hours about approval of their case but not hugged and stamp. So just wait. Have some patience especially when it's said that good things happen to those who wait....

Last edited by a moderator:
As I've said more than once on this site that nothing is over with USCIS unless at least one becomes a US citizen. Secondly, one should not expect to be told at the conclusion of the interview that application is approved, and get stamped and receiving an instant email regarding card production. It's all depend upon each individual officer. Recently on Monday (14th of this month) I went to local office with someone on that person's AOS interview. At the conclusion of the interview, lady officer got up from her chair and walked up to this girl, I was with at the interview, and congrulated and hugged her for the approval of her case. She even stamped her passport right away without even asking but this girl received the email after two days later on September 16 about the production of card. While many people, get emails right away but not hugged and stamp. So just wait. Have some patience especially when it's said that good things happen to those who wait....

Thank you so much for your support. I am seriously stressing about this right, anything helps.

I am glad you to hear that your experience was similar to mine. Makes me breathe a little easier. Did the LUD change online and that's how you found out that your card production was ordered?

I checked my status online, and it said card production ordered. I know that is really hard for you, all this waiting, but try not to stress too much... I read all kind of stories, status not changed after interview and even the officer said it was approved, or stories like yours and mine with no final decision and then after few days you see online card production....and so on.. try to relax as much as possible!
Hubby and i came back from Florida few days ago, and stress from all of this still didn't go away :rolleyes:

I'd like to thank everyone on here who provided info, answered my questions, and helped support me throughout the process. Thank you!

Am sorry but I think you ran into a difficult IO.

Did you submit NABC or not? Yes we did.

If you did, then you could argue or set-up another appointment to review your case that you followed USCIS guidelines in providing appropriate documents.(USCIS says NABC + 2 affidavits when you don't have original certificates)

Your passport should have her name. correct? The passport has my dad's name.

I did not have original BC nor my parents but their interview was a breeze.

Perhaps, sending in your mother's BC without her name threw a red flag.

Just search thro' the forum on DNA testing.

We went with the DNA route and everything is fine now.

All,

We finally got my mother's GC today in the mail-less than a week with the email that the card was ordered for production. Good luck and Best wishes to all. Entire process took less than 4 months-there was a delay of about 3 weeks since my mother's finger prints were rejected twice

Regards

Rox
D/O: Phoenix
05/26/2009 : Sent AOS for Mother(I-130,I-131,I-485,I-765)
6/08/2009 : Received NOAs
6/12/2009 and 6/19/2009: FP done -> walk -in
6/23/2009: Transfer to CSC
07/05/2009 : I-131(AP) received in the mail
07/12/2009 : I-765(EAD) received in the mail
08/30/2009 : Email Notification that I130 Approved on 8/29/2009
08/30/2009 : Email Notification that RFE Sent for I485
09/03/2009 : I130 Approval Notice Received and RFE received for Good Conduct Certificate for Mother
09/04/2009 : RFE Sent Out
09/10/2009 : RFE Received and Processing has resumed
09/15/2009 : Email from CRIS that Card Production Ordered
09/21/2009 : Received GC today

I just noticed that I got a LUD for the I-130. Does that mean anything? Online it says it is in the "Initial Review" stage.

Thanks.

Thanks. I'm just confused on what's going on with it (my I-130). However, I'm assuming that my green card is coming since card production has been ordered for my I-485.

Don't worry about the LUDs on your I130. they sent me an approval for my I130 prior to my GC in the mail without any LUDs on my USCIS account nor an email from CRIS saying so. So its cool :D:D

Got another email saying card production ordered tonight.

As I told you previously that have some patience and there is no need to worry/assume anything. I think you should get to having enough patience with USCIS since you have a long way to go with USCIS in the future like I-751 and possibly N-400. Remember, good things happen to those who wait??

Good luck...

As I told you previously that have some patience and there is no need to worry/assume anything. I think you should get to having enough patience with USCIS since you have a long way to go with USCIS in the future like I-751 and possibly N-400. Remember, good things happen to those who wait??

Good luck...

Thank you again for your support.

Green Card came in the mail today - 9/28/09. Took a total of about 125 days from beginning to end.

Guess that's it for me on this thread, I'll be checking back every once in a while to answer any questions or provide info.

Thanks again to everyone on this thread and forum for their help. It was definitely greatly appreciated.