May 2009 AOS filers

Hi everybody.
last tuesday i received letter that my father application for change of visa from B-2 to student has been denied due to the reason that they didint receive additinal requested documents (in fact we sent all documents they requested.)and i applied for my father AOS e few weeks ago.In the letter it doesnt say when he should leave the country.It just says that he can appeal to the decision within the month.What would you guys suggest?
1)he has denial notice to his previos application.
2)he has current application in for AOS.
any advice
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
father application for change of visa from B-2 to student has been denied due to the reason that they didint receive additinal requested documents (in fact we sent all documents they requested.)and i applied for my father AOS e few weeks ago.In the letter it doesnt say when he should leave the country.It just says that he can appeal to the decision within the month.

I would make an Infopass.

1. If you have the letter which requests the documents they asked for, take that along with you. find out what other documents were requested.

I would appeal the decision but am not sure if the AOS application would over-ride the previous one.

You want to make sure that your dad is not out of status prior to you applying for his AOS.

Consult an attorney!

Received CRIS email notification regarding AP and EAD approvals

Received CRIS email notification that both my parents AP and EAD have been approved.

Code:
Receipt Number: MSCxxxxxxxxxx

Application Type: I765 , APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On May 29, 2009, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you.

--------------------------------

Code:
Receipt Number: MSCxxxxxxxxxx

Application Type: I131 , APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On May 29, 2009, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I131 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT. Please follow any instructions on the notice.

DO : Tampa - FL
-----------
04/28/2009 : Sent AOS for Parents(I-130,I-131,I-485,I-765)
04/29/2009 : Package Delivered.
05/05/2009 : Checks Cashed.
05/08/2009 : Received all 8 NOAs
05/15/2009 : Received FingerPrint Notices for 06/02/2009
05/19/2009 : FP done -> walk -in
05/29/2009 : AP and EAD approval email for both of my parents.

I would make an Infopass.

1. If you have the letter which requests the documents they asked for, take that along with you. find out what other documents were requested.

I would appeal the decision but am not sure if the AOS application would over-ride the previous one.

You want to make sure that your dad is not out of status prior to you applying for his AOS.

Consult an attorney!
Yes i have the letter and was planning to appeal to the decision.but since it is almost 600 dollar and we are financially in bad shape and in fact we send them all documents they requested we dont know what to do.Do you guys think that his current application for AOS over rule on his previous application of visa change.
Any input will be appreciated.What would others do in such case?

Hi everyone,

Just a quick question. I just received my reciepts today for my apllications I-130 and I-485 but I did not get a reciept for my I-765. Any ideas why?

Thanks!

Give it another 2-3 days. My guess is postal delay.

Yeah, I thought about that too. I tried checkin online with my 2 reciepts and they are both pending and I figured changing the last digit of my reciept and my I765 showed with the same date as my I130 and I485. :)

Thanks for the reply, secondstage.

I am also a May filer

Hi All,
I did filed my AOS on 05/23/09,though i have an approved I-130,and was on B2 visa which will expire by the end of July'09, my question is while waiting for my EAD,can i do some volunteer work,which would NOT involve any monetary compensation,as i dont really want to sit down at home doing nothing?

Thanks!

barely starting

im planning to petition my hubby who is in the phil. right now this june right after my oath...
can you please help me?

from what i gather i need to fill up these forms:

1) I-485 ($1,010)
2) I-130 (355)
3) I-765
4) G635A
5) I-864 (fee?) - how will i know if the 125% above poverty line amount

I need to submit paperworks to prove our marriage like, marriage cert, affidavits, bank statements

6 passport phots (some told me 3 black and white and 3 colored) - is this right?

copy of my hubby's passport and copy of my naturalization cert.

am i missing a lot?

thanks!

im planning to petition my hubby who is in the phil. right now this june right after my oath...
can you please help me?

from what i gather i need to fill up these forms:

1) I-485 ($1,010)
2) I-130 (355)
3) I-765
4) G635A
5) I-864 (fee?) - how will i know if the 125% above poverty line amount

I need to submit paperworks to prove our marriage like, marriage cert, affidavits, bank statements

6 passport phots (some told me 3 black and white and 3 colored) - is this right?

copy of my hubby's passport and copy of my naturalization cert.

am i missing a lot?

thanks!
If your husband is in the Phil (I assume Philippines), then you can't do I-485 for him. AOS I-485 is for people who are in the US currently.
For now, you only need to do I-130.
There is no fee for I-864.
All pictures are colored.
The 125% level is published in form I-864P which you can download from www.uscis.gov

thanks very much for the reply....

so what i need to file is just the I-130, I-864? G325A too....

If your husband is in the Phil (I assume
Philippines), then you can't do I-485 for him. AOS I-485 is for people who are in the US currently.
For now, you only need to do I-130.
There is no fee for I-864.
All pictures are colored.
The 125% level is published in form I-864P which you can download from www.uscis.gov

Sign up for an uscis account. Add the case numbers to your portfolio and check the box email notification. Then when your cases are updated, you will get an email coming from cris to notify you.

Thanks,but how do i sign up for a USCIS account,dont i have to have a receipt number before i can do that?