May 2009 AOS filers

Application sent for my mother's application as well

Application sent for my mother's application as well

Welcome Aboard! :D

Rox, Is your mother on Visitor's visa?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes Second Stage, my mother is on a visitor's visa. Her I-94 expires at the end of August. How about your parents?

Regards

Rox

I'm mailing them out tomorrow (5/28) but I have the forms signed and dated 5/22.
Should I print out the forms and date 5/28?
My mom would be here 3 months on 5/28. Does it make a difference?

Hi everyone,

I have a question. I sent my application last week and got my checks cashed today by the USCIS. I sent along I-130/485/864EZ/765. I did not send my medical exam records because I am still waiting for the results of my bloodworks then probably have my med exam when I get them. My question is, why didn't the USCIS reject my case knowing that there was no I-693?? Well the same thing happened to my friend but the USCIS asked her to bring her med records during her interview (approved). Is this because both of our spouses are in active military duty? and also I have been married with my husband for 4 years now and we have a son together who was born here in the states way back 05.

any idea??

I sent my application last week and got my checks cashed today by the USCIS.

My question is, why didn't the USCIS reject my case knowing that there was no I-693??

Not sure. But I would guess you would either receive an RFE within a month or an interview(for lack of I-693) later on.

If you had included the I-693 you may have been approved with the need for an interview.

Hi everyone,

I have a question. I sent my application last week and got my checks cashed today by the USCIS. I sent along I-130/485/864EZ/765. I did not send my medical exam records because I am still waiting for the results of my bloodworks then probably have my med exam when I get them. My question is, why didn't the USCIS reject my case knowing that there was no I-693?? Well the same thing happened to my friend but the USCIS asked her to bring her med records during her interview (approved). Is this because both of our spouses are in active military duty? and also I have been married with my husband for 4 years now and we have a son together who was born here in the states way back 05.

any idea??

There is no any timeline to receive RFE. You could receive it at anytime even two weeks before the interview. Secondly, applications get to be reviewed many weeks after filing them to check if everything is in order or not. Further, applications don't get rejected outright just because something like this is missing; rather applications get rejected for not having fees or proper fees, not signing of applications, not having updated forms and eligibility issue. It's reported in some other immigration websites that sometimes USCIS asks applicants to bring medical examination report at the interview. So just chill out and have patience.

Good luck...

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure. But I would guess you would either receive an RFE within a month or an interview(for lack of I-693) later on.

If you had included the I-693 you may have been approved with the need for an interview.

Yeah, I'm just waitin for the RFE from USCIS. my friend went through the same thing also she brought her med exam during her interview and was approved so I'm hoping for the same thing too.. good luck to all of us! :)

There is no any timeline to receive RFE. You could receive it at anytime even two weeks before the interview. Secondly, applications get to be reviewed many weeks after filing them to check if everything is in order or not. Further, applications don't get rejected outright just because something like this is missing; rather applications get rejected for not having fees or proper fees, not signature on the picture, not having updated forms on the application and eligibility issue. It's reported in some other immigration websites that sometimes USCIS asks applicants to bring medical examination report at the interview. So just chill out and have patience.

Good luck...

Transfer to CSC. Anyone?

Has anyone's case been transferred to California Service Center(CSC) so far?

Looking at March and April filers, its pretty random...

hi second_stage: most cases transferred to CSC are for parents of US citizens or for AOS from K1 visa. You'll probably get transferred....