Maryland SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, Jiangnan,

I just called my lawyer and he did not got anything yet, probably we should wait for another two weeks. Wish we could get it through smoothly.

md_east said:
Hi, Jiangnan,

I just called my lawyer and he did not got anything yet, probably we should wait for another two weeks. Wish we could get it through smoothly.

Thanks both Skylake and Mdeast. Mdeast, did you lawyer say anything about how he/she would find out about the approval? Does he/she anticipate that MD SEA would issue an approval notice when your case gets approved? I am afraid MD SEA would not sent anything these days based on people's experiences here, that is why I am curious about the case of Skylake's friend.
Or if there is a notice, what happened to us who hold a receipt date earlier than Feb 11? Hope everything is fine.

Jiangnan,

My lawyer said he would anticipate receiving notice once MD clear my application, he also stated that cases were assigned into different COs and each one has its own pace. We can do nothing but wait, anything new, I will post it.

Hi, all,
My labor was approved and transferred to USDOL on May 20, my lawyer did received a notification card and mailed it to me last Friday.

I have updated the tracker list.

Hopefully it will go smoothly over there in Regional DOL, but it seems there have been a lot of NOF.

md_east said:
Jiangnan,

My lawyer said he would anticipate receiving notice once MD clear my application, he also stated that cases were assigned into different COs and each one has its own pace. We can do nothing but wait, anything new, I will post it.

Congradualtions

Hi, Jiannan,

COngadualations. Finally yot got through this ugly first step of the long journey. Also, thank you for your contributions to this thread.

md_east, you should be very close to the end of the MD lablor. If any news, please let us know.

Congrats Jiangnan

I guess you too will be leaving this thread, but do visit us once in a while to keep us updated with your progress. All the best.

Congrats Jiangnan

Immediately next in line, :) Keep up the spirits light seems to be near atleast for this first step with SESA MD.

Cheers.

Any progress from MD SESA??????

Their VM is still saying Jan. 2004... Did anybody have chance to talk to them?

Can we do anything to expedite the processing time?

Hi guys,

It will take at least 2.5 to 3 years get approved from MD state, so it will take at least 4 years to get Labor Card. It is really a huge pain. It seems nobody can help because we are not citizens. They don't need any vote from us. But anybody knows anything we can do to complain? It is time to do something for us. Or we just stay here and wait until we get mad. At least we let officer hear our voice because we pay so much tax every year. How do you think, guys?

Thanks.

Laborlong

Write to Senators and Reps

Yesterday I wrote letters to MD Senator Sarbanes, Senator Mikulski and District Representiative Chris Van Hollen, Jr.

For more information about Senators and Reps, please visit http://www.congress.org

At least we need to let them hear our voice...LET'S DO IT!!!!!!!

laborlong said:
Hi guys,

It will take at least 2.5 to 3 years get approved from MD state, so it will take at least 4 years to get Labor Card. It is really a huge pain. It seems nobody can help because we are not citizens. They don't need any vote from us. But anybody knows anything we can do to complain? It is time to do something for us. Or we just stay here and wait until we get mad. At least we let officer hear our voice because we pay so much tax every year. How do you think, guys?

Thanks.

Laborlong

Let's do it!!!!!

I will do it Wiiw. But do you have a good sample? Not only complain, but also have some good reasons to persuade them to do something. It is not useful if only one or two persons writing letters. We need hundreds of people to do this together or we can sign it through email and then send it to senators. I know many friends around me who have the same situation. We were all stuck by the damn LC. Even some guys already got approved from MD, please also join us because this can help your friends in Maryland. This is our right!!!

Laborlong

I will. I am not that positive about my future in Philly, there have been a lot of NOFs and another long long wait. I will keep you all posted of any progress about my case.

Garfield said:
Congrats Jiangnan

I guess you too will be leaving this thread, but do visit us once in a while to keep us updated with your progress. All the best.

Priority Date at Philly

When a case is sent to Phily then is its priority decieded according to the date of reciept at regional DOL or its processed according to date of recieve at Phily ?

got calls from senators' and reps' ofc

...saying they are looking into serious delays in MD SESA LC processing.

Everyone, PLEASE write to senators and reps. Let them hear our voice!!

Copied from Philly Regioal board...

Yes, sending letters, e-mails and faxes really worked to speed up state level processing and I think we have to do this again now …

The irregularities in application processing and pending application for years clearly indicate chaos in DOL application processing. DOL is experimenting with jobs and lives of people, and they are neither doing justice to the eligible unemployed nor companies that are need of talented work force.

I drafted a letter to DOL listing some of concerns expressed in this forum and sent a draft copy of this letter to Rajiv for verification; I am expecting a reply form Rajiv on Monday.

I strongly encourage all of you to try every possible method to escalate our concerns. Please Post details of any known contacts in this matter. Here is one contact where you can send letters (this is from DOL website)

Ms. Lenita Jacobs-Simmons
U.S. Department of Labor, ETA
Suite 825 East , The Curtis Center
170 South Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106

Sample letter please

Hi, Wiiw,

Could you please paste a sample letter please? I am going to send letters to some senators.

Unfortunately, I didn't keep any sample letter - I just simply state the current serious delay in MD SESA and hope this situation can be solved ASAP by the US government.

The most important thing is to let senators and reps know that many people are in this kind of dilemma.

skylake said:
Hi, Wiiw,

Could you please paste a sample letter please? I am going to send letters to some senators.

Status
Not open for further replies.