Maryland SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do I check whether my LC was filed

Hi, everyone,

I am new to this forum but glad to find so much helpful information here. My lawyer filed the LC on 05/18/2003 and I know it will be at least 1-2 years away for me to expect hearing anything. However because there was no case number given to me, How do I know maryland SESA haven't lost my case file? Should my lawyer get a case number from SESA when my case was filed?

Good luck to all!

Still processing 1/7/02

Did anyone see the new update? It has been on 1/7/02 for quite a while. What's going on?

Re: How do I check whether my LC was filed

Hi Foreverhopeful,

When the MD SESA receives a labor application, they usually assign a case number and they put it along with the date of recipt on a card and send it back to the lawyer. I filed mine in April 2002, and within 3 weeks I got a card with the case number from my lawyer. Check with your lawyer about this. May be he forgot give it to you. Otherwise ask him to check with MD DOL and get the case number.

Hope this helps.

mdgc2001.

Originally posted by foreverHopeful
Hi, everyone,

I am new to this forum but glad to find so much helpful information here. My lawyer filed the LC on 05/18/2003 and I know it will be at least 1-2 years away for me to expect hearing anything. However because there was no case number given to me, How do I know maryland SESA haven't lost my case file? Should my lawyer get a case number from SESA when my case was filed?

Good luck to all!

Hi, mdgc2001,

Thanks for the help. I called my lawyer and she told me she did get my case number. She just did not tell me. And she would have to call or fax maryland SESA to check the status. There is no way to do it online. This really sucks. Anyway my lawyer said we can only hope PERM will speed up this lengthy process. :(

Important Labor Certification Update

Department of Labor (DOL) officials recently announced that they expect a final rule to be promulgated this summer, with a Fall effective date, for their long anticipated PERM program. PERM promises a decision on most labor certification applications within 15 days. This new labor certification system involves an attestation and audit structure with pre-filing recruitment. Although an end to lengthy processing delays will be welcomed, PERM will be more restrictive than the current labor certification system, and many employees presently eligible for labor certification will no longer be eligible once PERM is in place.

We along with DOL officials agree that the smart move is to file Reduction in Recruitment (RIR) labor certification applications now rather than wait for PERM for three reasons: 1) Recruitment less than six months old used to support an RIR case probably can be used as the required evidence of recruitment in a PERM application; 2) Some foreign workers who qualify for labor certifications under the current program may not be eligible for labor certification once PERM is in place; and 3) PERM is expected to unleash a flood of labor certification applications and an almost certain backlog in immigrant visa availability. This makes the establishment of an earlier priority date (place in line for an immigrant visa) through an immediate RIR filing advantageous.

Employers who are contemplating filing for labor certification and employees who require labor certification to qualify for permanent resident status should contact us immediately so we may assess their needs and evaluate their cases before PERM replaces the current labor certification program.

Presently, there are more than 240,000 labor certification applications pending before DOL. Indeed, in many jurisdictions, DOL has yet to open the envelopes for applications filed during April 2001. With such lengthy delays, the foreign national’s job sometimes changes, or the employer is no longer interested in sponsoring a particular foreign national. Significantly, foreign nationals may be substituted on labor certification applications and changes may be made on labor certification applications so long as the application remains pending at DOL. In other words, a new foreign national can be substituted on a pending application, and a pending application can be amended in any way whatsoever, so long as a decision has not been made by DOL.

Source:
http://maggio-kattar.com/html/immigration/march2004.html

news

http://www.immigration-law.com/

under the break news:

03/24/2004: DOL PERM and Backlog Reduction Centers Locations

DOL has disclosed to the AILA the locations of the PERM reengineered labor certification processing centers and Backlog Reduction Centers as follows:
PERM Processing Centers: Atlanta and Chicago
Backlog Reduction Processing Centers: Philadelphia and Dallas
DOL has reported that there are over 300,000 permanent labor certification applications pending at this time. The two Backlog Reduction Centers should help to reduce the backlog cases once the centers open. The Backlog Reduction Centers are expected to be manned by private contractors and according to the unconfirmed sources of information, such contract may not be offered until May 2004. Our earlier report that some state offices started transferring backlog cases to contractors turned out to be outsourcing of backlog cases to overseas contractors by the Texas state labor certification office. It is unclear how far the overseas outsourcing of permanent labor certification applications will go in terms of the involved large states. Please stay tuned.

Whats so special with January 7th.

:( Did anyone hear anything from their lawyers, friends, anybody :(

Whats so special with January 7th, 2002, they have been working on this date since last 2 and half month :mad:

Checked Yolanda's voice mail (410-767-2050), the Non-RIR moved to Apr 26, 2001.
I think all of the resources are dedicated to clear non-rir backlog now.
let's wait and see :(

04/02/2004: Permanent Labor Certification Backlog Reduction Agenda of DOL As Revealed by Deputy Secretary of DOL

On February 12, 2004, Mr. Steven Law, Deputy Secretary of Labor testified before the Subcommittee on Immigration, Border Security and Citizenship, Senate Judiciary Committee on the DOL's plan for the backlog reduction for permanent labor certification applications. The key points are as follows:
In FY 2004 which ends on September 30, 2004, the Congress approved $14.9 million over FY 2003 funding. Sources indicate that state offices (SWA) have already been allocated increased funds for reduction of backlogs at the state level. Some of the increased funds may be used by the DOL to launch the centralized backlog reduction centers.
However, Mr. Law testifies that primary funding for private contractors for backlog reduction will come in FY 2005 which starts on October 1, 2004. The proposed budget increase for backlog reduction is $11.1 million over FY 2004. Mr. Law stated that most of these funds would be used for hiring private contractors for operation of centralized backlog reduction centers. Assumedly, when he stated the centralized backlog reduction centers, he must have meant the two backlog reduction centers which the Director of Foreign Labor Certification Division disclosed earlier to the immigrant community. There are over 300,000 permanent labor certification backlog cases at this time.
The PERM program is planned to open in FY 2005 which starts on October 1, 2004. Even though Mr. Law did not state specifically, apparently, the program would be funded by the user fee revenue and the DOL is currently preparing the legislative proposal to charge fees for application of permanent labor certification (PERM applications).
Well, there are plenty of sources of information by now that FY 2005 that will start in October 1, 2004, about six months from now, will mark a turning point for the permanent labor certification system, in terms of processing times and procedures.
As a side note to the point of present discussion, we should also note that FY 2005 will also mark a year for labor certification enforcement era, particularly temporary labor certification programs of H-2A and H-2B. In parallel with the proposed Temporay Guest Worker Proposal, the DOL/ESA is planning to focus on increased activities to sanction the violators of the labor certification attestations. Accordingly, electronic filing of H-2A and PERM will be more or less driven by the increased enforcement function by the ESA of DOL. For H-2B, since it is being transferred to the USCIS, the H-2B employers will be subject to the follow-up audits and enforcement actions by the ESA and BICE of DHS.
All in all, FY 2005 will open a door with a good sign for the alien workers but an ominous sign for the U.S. employers hiring foreign workers.

seems like garp moved to philly

User Reception Sesa
at philly Dt

ciril99 01/29/04 01/03/02
Hangu 2/6/2004 11/1/2001
pessimistic 03/05/04 10/29/01
spidey 04/07/04 04/16/02 :confused:
Garp 02/27/04 12/10/01

Now look at Spidey date, are they processing April 2002 now.

Re: seems like garp moved to philly

Spidey is from PA (NON-RIR) and garp had posted a mail when his case moved to DOL. So nothing's changed, and we are still in the eternal wait.

Originally posted by RahulatDC
User Reception Sesa
at philly Dt

ciril99 01/29/04 01/03/02
Hangu 2/6/2004 11/1/2001
pessimistic 03/05/04 10/29/01
spidey 04/07/04 04/16/02 :confused:
Garp 02/27/04 12/10/01

Now look at Spidey date, are they processing April 2002 now.

Re: Any Update?

What did the VA SESA workers take? Or What did the VA SESA applicants group do? They have picked up pace.

What is going on with MD SESA? Can someone help?

Re: Re: Any Update?

Originally posted by mdlbr20020531
What did the VA SESA workers take? Or What did the VA SESA applicants group do? They have picked up pace.

What is going on with MD SESA? Can someone help?

Seems like they are working only on non-RIR applications, non-RIR date moved signifacantly (from april 4th to April 24th), yup no light in the tunnel :mad: :(

Status
Not open for further replies.