Maryland SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
PERM Moves a Step Closer

PERM Moves a Step Closer

Progress in the overhaul of the labor certification process known as PERM has moved forward in an important way. As of February 23, 2004, the PERM regulation was with the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review. As we have explained previously in articles, including our January 30, 2004 article, Progress on Status of PERM Program, available on MurthyDotCom, the OMB reviews potential regulations before they are published in the Federal Register. This review process could take a maximum of 90 days. The OMB has the opportunity to send the regulation back to the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) if they have any concerns about those aspects of the regulation that are subject to OMB review. It is not expected that the OMB will review the regulation for the full 90 days, nor that OMB will return the regulations to DOL.

It is most likely that the OMB will complete their review within the next few weeks, and the published regulation will appear in the Federal Register a day or two after the OMB's final review. If the last indications from the DOL remain true, the effective date of PERM will be 120 days after the regulation is published in the Federal Register.

We will continue to track PERM daily, to notify MurthyDotCom readers and MurthyBulletin subscribers when the final PERM regulations are published. This is an important issue for many. We expect that PERM will contain significant changes from the proposed regulation issued previously in May 2002. Stay tuned for information as it becomes available!

Originally posted by pgarg
That's encouraging!!!

Wow!!!! 5 days in 1 month

Thats nothing :(

MD approval for one case of 8/2002, 2 cases of 4/2002 and 2 cases of 2/2003 certified per labor dept data (read last page for this analysis by mdlbr20020531) :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
Confusion

Yes, it is so confused, maybe the company has some power to facilate the case in their own way. Just wish MD can proceed a month in a month step.

Case Dated 10/17/2001 - No Idea

Hi Guys,

Needed some sincere help. My case was filed on 10/17/2001 and they have processed the cases before and after that. I have no idea what's going on. Lawyer is confused too. She is saying, MD DOL is evaluating all the cases and their criteria.

Can anyone help as to what am I supposed to do in this case ? Just wait and watch or is there any alternate method to expedite this process.

Any posting in reply to this would help ?

-Kumar

Re: Case Dated 10/17/2001 - No Idea

My lawyer is saying that maryland is not processing any case, they are waiting for the cases to be transfered to contractors who is supposed to clear backlog throughout the country. I guess there is a new bill passed to clear processing backlogs, but only god knows when the contractors will get contract, hire employees, train them and start clearing backlog :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Originally posted by gc_waiter_2003
Hi Guys,

Needed some sincere help. My case was filed on 10/17/2001 and they have processed the cases before and after that. I have no idea what's going on. Lawyer is confused too. She is saying, MD DOL is evaluating all the cases and their criteria.

Can anyone help as to what am I supposed to do in this case ? Just wait and watch or is there any alternate method to expedite this process.

Any posting in reply to this would help ?

-Kumar

gc_waiter_2003,
I have a similar situation (My case filed in Late October, 2001). No information whatsoever. My lawyer tried to contact MD over a month and with no answer. He sent out another fax a couple of days ago.
I will update this thread once I get anything.
I think perssimistic also has a similar case.

My applicaiton was sent on Sept 14. My labor has been sent to Phil on 2/5/20004.
Got a query from MD for my friends applcation which was filed on Oct 5 on March1 2004 regarding prevailing wages and current salary

Oct_Labor,

How did you come to know? Did your lawyer tell you.

I'm trying to find my status, i called my lawyer and no information yet.

Oct_labor:
Would you please share your information? How did you check your status with MD?
Thanks

from lawyer

Lawyer requested an Inquiry on our case back in December.
He got information from MD SWA/SESA that it is trasfered to regional , no case number yet, checked philly AVM online system. There is one aplication on Feb 5th on my employer.
You guys also here something soon..
good luck guys...

Last edited by a moderator:
labor

Hello all I am new to this forum.
I am working as a consultant. My employer agreed to apply for my GC in KY. I have given my papers to lawyer. He said he will apply for my labor in few days. I know this employer very well. But my project may end in 1 or 2 months.

I heard I can buy labor certificate if some one has it. I want to go for it. Since my project is uncertain.
Is it required to get one more H1 to apply for I140 & 485 if I get labor clearace form someone?

If you know some one who has labor clearance I am ready to pay.

Please help me in this.

Thanks
Kumar

Finally......

Dear Friends:

By the grace of God, finally my State labor has been cleared and my case has been transfered to Phili DOL on Jan, 29 2004!

I'm not too excited as I have to wait for 2 yrs, 27 days for my state labor to be cleared.

Thanks everyone for your great support and I wish you all goodluck.

Ciril99

FINALLY

After waiting at maryland for 2 years and 129 days, my file is in philly.

Thanks guys, with your support this long wait went just like a breeze :D

Re: FINALLY

Congrats to Pessimistic and Ciril99 and OctLabor.

I have updated the tracking list.

But from what I saw from this board, looks like at least MD Labor Dept has slowed down the RIR processing a lot (five days in one month), and from the info it seems they are now focusing on non-RIR now (it proceeded a lot in Feb) as the April 01 Non-RIR cases approach their three years anniversity.

What a world!

Originally posted by pessimistic
After waiting at maryland for 2 years and 129 days, my file is in philly.

Thanks guys, with your support this long wait went just like a breeze :D

Re: Re: FINALLY

Originally posted by jiangnan
Congrats to Pessimistic and Ciril99 and OctLabor.

I have updated the tracking list.

But from what I saw from this board, looks like at least MD Labor Dept has slowed down the RIR processing a lot (five days in one month), and from the info it seems they are now focusing on non-RIR now (it proceeded a lot in Feb) as the April 01 Non-RIR cases approach their three years anniversity.

What a world!

man, first this 245i came in front of me, now those non-rir cases
:( ....why me :(

Well I dont see any hope but added myself in the tracker list.

Status
Not open for further replies.