Maryland SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Factors for LC

Does anybody have any info on the factors which are considered while approving a LC application?

Re: Factors for LC

Originally posted by mjossan
Does anybody have any info on the factors which are considered while approving a LC application?

Seems like none of the factor works now.

1. RIR or non-RIR both waiting since last 2 and half year.
2. Master in IT or cook from roadside restaurant both got screwed by SESA.

Only thing matter is which state you are filing from, if its MD, forget about labor, just retain your job as long as you can :(

anything we can do to expedite the processing

what is going on with MD SESA? Can anydoby share some information?

Thanks.

Originally posted by foreverHopeful
Just called 410 767 2058
RIR Moved to January 16th 2002

It seems to me it takes them 2 weeks to process one day applications.

:(

Now they are processing
RIR Feb 4th 2002
Non RIR Apr 26th 2001

One of my friend spoke in the Labor dept this morning, they told to him, he didn't disclose the name and phone number.

I-140/ I485

hey guys

i read on one of the forums that USCIS have started a new procedure where they will approve I-485 at the same time as your I-140 if you filed concurrently. Does this mean that once we are thorugh labor (if Maryland SESA employees start doing some work :mad: ), we will have to wait for a year or so (I-140 waiting time) get our green cards? No more 3-4 yrs wait for I-485 approval. If this is true, then it is a great news!

Here's the link

http://www.murthy.com/news/n_newpro.html

Some snippets from the post.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
I-140 Will Not Be Processed until I-485 is Ready to Be Processed

The Ohata Memo states that, even when the I-140 is ready for processing and placed on the 'ready to adjudicate' shelf, it will not be processed unless the I-485 is also ready for adjudication. The I-485 is not ready until the fingerprints and name checks have cleared. Essentially, the I-140 will be held in abeyance until these procedures have been completed in connection with the I-485.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Garfield said:
hey guys

i read on one of the forums that USCIS have started a new procedure where they will approve I-485 at the same time as your I-140 if you filed concurrently. Does this mean that once we are thorugh labor (if Maryland SESA employees start doing some work :mad: ), we will have to wait for a year or so (I-140 waiting time) get our green cards? No more 3-4 yrs wait for I-485 approval. If this is true, then it is a great news!

got an e-mail from my lawyer informing me that DOL needed some clarification regarding my case. my receipt date was jan 25th 2002 (RIR), so it seems they may be processing cases till feb 4th as per NMRA

NMRA said:
Now they are processing
RIR Feb 4th 2002
Non RIR Apr 26th 2001

One of my friend spoke in the Labor dept this morning, they told to him, he didn't disclose the name and phone number.

New Labor from MD

hi,

What is the speed at which labor is moving now considering my application will be applied in the next few months? April 2001 is regretted by most people now but for RIR it is date that has passed.
Is it faster to get a green card from Baltimore than from NYC?

Did u guys know that Atlanta hired 2 contractors for Labor Processing so people who applied for Labor in 2002/2003 are still waiting but people who applied Labor in 2004 are getting approved. Any miracles like this in this state!

Well that sucks. I wouldn't wanna apply from such a place which is so unfair.

How can process 2004 before 2002/2003?

Guys, this is from VA forum. They are already doing October 2002. At one stage, both MD and VA were stuck together at April 2001. Since then VA has raced ahead. Do you guys think it is time for us to start writing / contacting officials/ senators etc again to complain against slow processing at MD SESA?

clzeus10

Tgif
Finally.

My app has been moved to philly.

Receipt Date - 07 October 2002

Moved to Philly on May 19th 2004.

RIR.

Good luck to all of you, seems like they are moving really fast now. I know like many of you, I wrote to every official, senator, congressman in VA in the past 6 months about this problem. May be its paying off now.

No Sure What has gone wrong. It was moving smoothly once we cross passed Apr '01. Jan'02 has killed us. According all calculations made on this forum, we should have been seeing Dec 2002 atleast.

No hopes...Backlog reduction centers are all craps. Waiting for the budget from next fiscal years... :confused:

Perm does not seem to be a reality. OMB has taken full 3 month to review. To add insult to injury, PERM has been forwarded to Dept of Justice and DHS for review.....Publication itself will see this year end or next...Being optimistic though.

Its all crap..Now , I-140 will not be adjudicated until I-485 is ready for adjudication. In law terms, which means AC-21 will not be applicable in most of the cases and no more EADs for new cases. There is no chance of changing companies......

What else is remaining...a return ticket from DOL/USCIS would be appreciated.

AbstractVision said:
Now , I-140 will not be adjudicated until I-485 is ready for adjudication. In law terms, which means AC-21 will not be applicable in most of the cases and no more EADs for new cases. There is no chance of changing companies......
Can you please describe it more in laymen terms, is this mean we cant file 140/485 together, or is this mean, No more EAD even if 485 over 180 days, people will still be slave until 140/485 both cleared.

Please clear ?

It means that the I140 processing won't be started until the I485 is also ready to be processed. Nowadays it takes 2-3 years before I485 is ready to be processed. So if the same trend continues the I140 approval may not come in 6/12 months but may take years.

For AC21 (change of job) portablity you need an approved I140. So that won't be available as early as it is now.

On the brighter side, the CIS may try to reduce the time taken for preparing I485 and it may reduce the overall time taken by the GC processing.

Recent approval

One of my friends got his MD labor approved last week. His date is Febuary 11, 2002. That means our Maryland snail moves. Not surprisingly, sometimes it takes naps, even hibernations.

Jiangnan, Since MD processed Feb. 11, 2002, did you get any news of your case? So far I have not heard anything from my lawyer yet.

md_east said:
Jiangnan, Since MD processed Feb. 11, 2002, did you get any news of your case? So far I have not heard anything from my lawyer yet.

I have not heard anything yet. I called my lawyer on Monday and she said she had not heard anything but would watch out for the mail, since she anticipated receiving a NOF because of the high unemployment now. I am also concerned about my low salary (although higher than Level 1) at the time of filing.

I guess it might take them two weeks to one month to issue the NOF, so I am still waiting.

Do you think they will issue any notice if the labor is approved and sent to the Philly DOL? I heard so many cases that there is simply no notice of this transfer and you could only check it out after your case is entered into the telephone checking system of Philly DOL.

Could you please let me know how you got to know they are processing Feb 11? Thanks!

skylake said:
One of my friends got his MD labor approved last week. His date is Febuary 11, 2002. That means our Maryland snail moves. Not surprisingly, sometimes it takes naps, even hibernations.

Hi, Skylake,
Could you please help us find out how your friend got to know this approval and transferring? I heard so many cases in which MD SEA does not send out approval notices at all.
It would be really helpful if you could find it out for us, since mdeast and I almost have the same receipt date but we have not heard anything yet.
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.