Maryland SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
called 2050

...and talked to one nice lady over the phone this morning. so the information is up-to-date.

RahulatDC said:
Source of the information please, I check AVM and its still on Jan 2002 :(

Last edited by a moderator:
LC question...

Hi,

I'm new to this and I have a LC question. My LC is Jan '03, so, at this rate, I still have 1 year or so to wait... My question:
- If the RIR was denied, does it automatically move to non-RIR?
- If the RIR was denied and its non-RIR now, is the H1B 1 year extents still apply till the non-RIR is approved in ~10 years?
- If the RIR was denied and non-RIR/1 year H1b extent do not apply, what happens at this stage? what are my options...

Thanks in advance

Changing job location within the same company

My company is going to send me to Chicago. I have my labor filed in Apr. 2002. Anyone knows what happen to my application? Do I need to start from scratch in Chicago? Or do I get a priority in Chicago since I applied mine earlier in Maryland? Can I still file my labor here in Maryland if I transfer to Chicago?

elradi said:
elradi said:
Hi,

I'm new to this and I have a LC question. My LC is Jan '03, so, at this rate, I still have 1 year or so to wait... My question:
- If the RIR was denied, does it automatically move to non-RIR?
- If the RIR was denied and its non-RIR now, is the H1B 1 year extents still apply till the non-RIR is approved in ~10 years?
- If the RIR was denied and non-RIR/1 year H1b extent do not apply, what happens at this stage? what are my options...

Thanks in advance

my 2c (only my opinion and other senior exp and knowledgable members please correct me if I am wrong.),

If the RIR was denied, does it automatically move to non-RIR?
a) I do not believe so, one has to request for the change through proper channel

If the RIR was denied and its non-RIR now, is the H1B 1 year extents still apply till the non-RIR is approved in ~10 years?
a) RIR or non-RIR same rules apply - anyone can get extensions. BTW, I think u are very optimistic 10 years :) I just applied for my 8th year extention.

If the RIR was denied and non-RIR/1 year H1b extent do not apply, what happens at this stage? what are my options...
a) H1b extentions are same for RIR and non-RIR cases.

regards,
mdlbr20020531

Beam said:
My company is going to send me to Chicago. I have my labor filed in Apr. 2002. Anyone knows what happen to my application? Do I need to start from scratch in Chicago? Or do I get a priority in Chicago since I applied mine earlier in Maryland? Can I still file my labor here in Maryland if I transfer to Chicago?
Beam,
I believe u can continue ur processing filing from MD for GC.

Ofcourse, if Chicago area is better in GC processing (which might be true with any other region than MD SESA SWA), I strongly urge u to consider and file from there too.

7th year H-1 extention

Hi,
I sent in my LC application in Feb. 14, 2001. After more than two years waiting, we finally hear something back from them, asking for the salary adjustment.
My H-1, which is already in the six years, will expire in Feb. next year. Does anybody know how to extend the 7th year H1? Does it follow the similar procedure as the usual extention before 6 years.
Thanks and good luck to all.
wtandwt

is NJ faster or MD

hi,

I have to select between 2 companies who are ready to do my green card, one will file from NJ and the other one from MD, which one is faster. Rumors are that NJ is generally slower than MD. Please advise.

Thanks

Rahula, I don't NMRA was answering your question.

I don't think your question can be answered, If one could predict processing times then it would make all of our lives very easy. Well I would suggest to look at the present times and make a decision. I think NJ is faster than MD right now. But who knows things may change in future

PERM is round the corner ????

It looks like PERM is round the corner...lets keep our fingers crossed. :cool:

Labor Certification Update – June 2004

This is an important transition time in the area of labor certification. It appears that many changes are imminent in the processing of labor certifications. In this article, we share with you updates on PERM, the backlog reductions for regular LC and RIR processes, and the Central Processing Group (CPG) case backlogs. Consolidating all processes nationally in one or two centers may result in certain efficiencies, but it is also expected to cause concerns; among them, that national offices no longer are able to expedite humanitarian or age-out cases.

PERM Update

Many people have asked why the PERM regulation is still pending with the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), since the OMB has regulations requiring review within 90 days. The 90-day point was reached in late May 2004. As explained during the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) Annual Conference held the second week of June 2004, the answer is that William Carlson, the Chief of the Foreign Labor Certification at the Department of Labor (DOL), had requested and was granted a 30-day extension to complete the OMB review.

The 30-day extension was requested because a number of comments from interested government agencies suggested that OMB may not approve PERM. Mr. Carlson and his team at the DOL wanted the opportunity to address these comments before the OMB made a decision, to increase the chances for PERM to obtain OMB clearance and publication in the Federal Register. Mr. Carlson reported that the comments from the interested government agencies have now been addressed, and he expects to get the clearance from OMB at any time. It is estimated that PERM regulations could be issued within about a month's time - before the end of July 2004! The DOL confirmed the there will not be any fees under PERM, as there has been no legislation to implement fees in labor certification filings.

LC/RIR Backlog Reduction Centers

The backlog reduction centers to process regular LC and RIR cases pending all across the U.S. will be set up in Philadelphia and Dallas. These two centers are expected to be implemented and operational before PERM starts. PERM will be processed at two centers located in Atlanta and Chicago with jurisdiction over cases for the entire U.S.

At this point, Mr. Carlson expects that the backlog centers will first handle cases from the Philadelphia and Dallas regions. After PERM is implemented, these backlog centers will also receive regular LC and RIR cases from the Atlanta and Chicago regions. Once case backlogs of these regions have been addressed, other regions will be phased into having their cases processed at these two national backlog centers.

The DOL is hoping that the backlog centers to process regular LC and RIR cases will only be needed for about two years. This timeframe, however, will depend in part upon how many pending cases are converted to PERM and how many other cases will be withdrawn by employers. The backlog reduction centers will remain open until all non-PERM cases are adjudicated. Backlog reduction centers may try to target occupations where there are generally approvals or where there is one common employer, but there is no cohesive procedure in place yet.

Age-Out Cases

"Age-out" is the term used when a child turns 21 years of age and is no longer able to enjoy any immigration benefits from the parents under law. The national DOL office has no policy to permit expedited processing of age-out cases. Currently, most DOL regional offices will expedite age-out cases, if it is a labor certification case that does not appear to have any problems. The DOL has explained that, simply if a case has been requested to be processed as an expedited case, it will not avoid a Notice of Findings (NOF) if the DOL believes a NOF is needed. It is not clear whether the backlog reduction centers will expedite particular types of cases, on humanitarian or other grounds, such as age-outs. The Child Status Protection Act (CSPA) was passed into law in August 2002 to address the problem of children aging out. The CSPA, however, will only help a child who is has not yet turned 21 years of age at the time that the I-140 petition is filed.

Central Processing Group

The Central Processing Group (CPG) project was officially completed on May 28, 2004, although the original official deadline was December 31, 2003. The national DOL office started with approximately 3083 files. Of these, 2278 were processed with final actions. The national DOL office implemented validation checks on the pending cases, which led to 747 withdrawals or deactivations. On May 28, 2004, the national DOL office sent the remaining cases that had not been completed by the CPG to the regions and states to complete their processing of all cases for labor certification by the appropriate local or regional office.

NOF issued

My lawyer just received the NOF issued by MD DOL, it said my salary is too low, should be 78K based on software engineer position, however, it should be Programmer/Analyst on the application form, and salary should be 57K according to the Federal salary survey, my lawyer said they will debut instead not reposting because of DOL's mistake. So sad to hear that, and still long way to go.

any update????????

any update? please share!!!!

does anybody have clues how many backlogs are in MD SESA? how many cases do they process every month?

wiiw said:
any update? please share!!!!

does anybody have clues how many backlogs are in MD SESA? how many cases do they process every month?

at present, it seems MD is processing 1 month in 4 months. ciril99's application received date was 1/3/02, and it was certified on 1/29/04. Jiangnan's receipt date was 2/6/02, and his was certified on 5/20/04.

Status
Not open for further replies.