Maryland SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lost Filing in Sesa

My labor was filled in in November 2001 under RIR EB3 case. I never heard from Sesa till now. After repeated requests finally my attorney contacted SESa and got the reply from them that they are not able to locate my file. Now my attorney are preparing forms again. Once thoese are prepared we will send those along with the copy of the old ones.

According to my attorney they should process the application ASAP. Any idea how much time they take in such cases.

My 7th year extention is due this November. I was wondering if extention process will get affected by this at all because of this.

Ashi

Are you sure your attorney didnt screw up? A friend of mine had a similar experience. Later on he found out that his attorney never filed his papers. During the wait he asked for a receipt from his attorney, but never got it. His attorney explained that its common to not get receipt from MD SESA, but he never looked into his files to check if he had filed the papers at all. I hope its not the case with you. (btw, that attorney is based in VA near the beltway).

do you know the name of tthat lawyer

I have a lawyer in the same location. Do you know that layer's name?
my lawyer said the same thing to me - MD doesnt give receipts.

thanks
nat

do you know the name of that lawyer

I have a similar situation with my atterney who is located in the same area.
Im worried he also never filed the papers -

thanks

My attorney has a receipt from the MD office.

It's not an official receipt but a card basically acknoledge the receipt of the application.

yes, i called 2050 and talked to somebody over the phone.

MD is so slowing at processing at RIR. i was told that they were putting efforts on non-RIR now in MD SESA.

is there anything we can do to speed up RIR?

RahulatDC said:
Did you able to speak someone on the phone, because AVM still says Feb 27th

Last edited by a moderator:
does anybody know the phone # i can call to find out if MD has received my
application?
I filed Aug-03 (RIR) so I know I'll have to wait for a while :(

but my lawyer is being shady and says that maryland doesnt send receipts that they received the application and that he cant even tell me my priority date. I asked him for Fed-Ex slip and he says they dont keep it.

Shouldnt he keep the record...

can someone please advise

I appreciate it,
nat

Anybody received such letter from MD-DLLR yet ?

Please read from Murthy's bulletin below -

Just wondering if anyone has received such letter from MD-DLLR yet ? Also, is MD-DLLR planning to send letters to all folks with pending LC from April'2001 or before April'2001 ? I wasn't sure from the newsletter excerpt below - has anyone heard any details.
Please post.

Thanks !

====================================================

Maryland DLLR Explores Viability of Pending Cases

As a part of its backlog reduction program, the Maryland Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation (DLLR), the state agency that completes the initial review of labor certifications before they are sent to the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL), is sending out "30-day" letters to the attorneys or employers named on all labor certifications pending with DLLR from April 30, 2001 or before. An employer will have 30 days to respond to the letter to show that the company still exists and wishes to pursue the pending and previously filed labor certification approval.

The DOL National Headquarters sent similar letters in certain cases that were processed by the Central Processing Group. It is unclear whether similarly backlogged cases in other states will receive such letters. It is important for any employer who receives such a letter to respond in a timely manner and avoid the file's being closed or otherwise discontinued and losing that valuable priority date that may be the only beacon of hope for potential 245(i) applicants.

They are processing RIR received on March 14, 2002

Hi, AtIDoIWant,

your date is Feb 26, 2002, so your case is supposed to be processed. Did you hear any news?

really????

are you sure? which number are you calling to?

i talked to someone at 2050 on June 30th. At that point they are processing March 7th 2002 for RIR.

skylake said:
Hi, AtIDoIWant,

your date is Feb 26, 2002, so your case is supposed to be processed. Did you hear any news?

How do one know his/her case moves to philly

atldolwait said:
No word yet on my case ...I dont know whats hapening...

How do one know his/her case moves to philly?
Do AVM at philly immediately gets updated?
Will Maryland state going to send a letter to lawyer indicating case has been moved to philly?

Thanks in advance

sesa --> DOL

I think when file leaves SESA , it will inform ur lawyer ..that they finished processing and now it is in hands of federal DOL..

Lost File

I know in my case I have the priority number and the FedEx tracking number etc from my lawyer so pretty much sure that its not some lawyers fault. But I had to get on my lawyers back to really get him to contact SESA. My lawyer follwed up quickly and have sent the paperwork to Sesa again. Hopefully it will be processed soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.