Maryland SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on PWC's study to reduce the backlog
http://wdsc.doleta.gov/sga/rfp/PwCFinalReport.asp.
DOL has accepted the tenders to reduce the backlog.
http://wdsc.doleta.gov/sga/rfp.asp

Does anyone know the start date of this effort?

I know that the pilot was carried out at MD with CAPS concept.
http://wdsc.doleta.gov/sga/rfp/SIM_Training_Manual.pdf
And it was decided to proccess all the apps with regioanl & state at one place. Whats the implementation date for this one? Does anyone know about it?

:confused:

Originally posted by AbstractVision
it was decided to proccess all the apps with regioanl & state at one place.

If this happen, it will lots of time (atlest 3 months)

Isn't someone got the approval from Gaithersburg in this thread, his application didnt got to federal approval

Can someone shed some light on it.

unconfirmed info

This is an unconfirmed info:

According to my Attorney there are about 500 cases left for April 2001. This is an unconfirmed info. I am not sure from where she got this.

Has anyone else heard about it anything recently? If this infomation is correct ehn April'01 will be done in August.

I do not know

I do not know anything. The government does not need to give you any information. You are different kind of person, we are generous enough to let you stay in this land only when we feel that we need you.

I read news days ago about Labor Certificate application in Chicago. Lots of the application have been denied due to the economy slump.
Anyone head that news? What will be the effects on MD?

Labor certification process is more company (Not state specific)specific. It does matter how many headcounts a company laid off and that too of the same job profile for which the labor cert is applied.

If you can show that there were no layoffs in your company of your job profile then you should be OK.

hrtomd
How does SESA/DOL know about LAYOFFS? Is there any specific instrument? I am anxious to get info. Thanks

The company informs the state DOL of such activities. This is a normal procedure.

Consider the case of permanent resident or citizen. If they get laid off then they can claim unemploment allowance. Can the Govt. just trust them that they got laid off and lets give them unemployment. The company informs the state DOL of what they do.

A question

Guys,

For people like us, if we get laid off, we can not claim unimployment benefit. But we are paying the socail security and medicare tax.

Can we ask these tax back? These taxes are not income taxes.

Thanks,

Still when will they process our applications?

Re: unconfirmed info

Originally posted by hrtomd
This is an unconfirmed info:

According to my Attorney there are about 500 cases left for April 2001. This is an unconfirmed info. I am not sure from where she got this.

Has anyone else heard about it anything recently? If this infomation is correct ehn April'01 will be done in August.

It's been more than two weeks since we heard that there is about 500 cases left to process. If they process 25 cases a day, aren't we supposed to be half way there??

Can't wait any longer grrrrrrrrrrr.....

hold on a little longer... you can do it...

I know you and I, pessmistic. Try to hold on a little longer .. you can do it ... you have to do it.. no choice..!

Anybody know how many few cases are of apr 30 2001 are pending ?

thanks skylake..

hang in there guys... Now the wait is going to be over..
skylake, which number did you get the info from ? Is it 410-767-2058?

Let us know if you can.. Haven't been able to reach anybody there.

Question to you guyz

As I wish and believe April backlog going to completed by mid August, Can you guys please predict How long it will gonna take to reach April 2002 (my case filed in April 2002 RIR)??

Thanks

another question

how about July 2001? Do you guys think after April 2001 things will be fast and smooth? Any estimates on how long it might take until they finish the whole 2001?

Very important question: Is there any chance that similar backlog might happen for 140 and 485?

I think it would take 14 months to get to April 2002 after 01 is over. I am doing this estimate based on Virginia's processing time.

I don't think there should be a backlog @ 140 or 485 stage because of this, because most of the other states which fall in the same service centre as MD have cleared April 01 quite a while before.

Status
Not open for further replies.