Maryland SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
GCPS is the first 4/30/application !!! :D:D

:D I hope not! It looks like it takes atleast another 3months to complete Apr 2001 RIR cases. End of the year for end of 2001 seems reasonable estimate.

congrats gcps.

Hope the files are moving.. Does anyone know if they have finished april 01 RIR ?

Can everyone in our capacity find out how much more cases are left ? I will do so..

Does anyone think Aug end seems too early ??

satya27476 , Does you have any info regarding why you think it might take 3 months ???

Keep posting guys !!

Re: GCPS is the first 4/30/application !!! :D:D

Originally posted by satya27476
:D I hope not! It looks like it takes atleast another 3months to complete Apr 2001 RIR cases. End of the year for end of 2001 seems reasonable estimate.

Please share us the logic of three months.

Here is quote from jiangnan, and I still believe its quite close as many lawyer and many other people saying the same thing.

Originally posted by jiangnan
I once talked to a lady in MD SESA and was told that their maximum processing capability is 600 cases per month. Therefore they need about one month to finish these 500 cases left over. But since summer is vacation time, it might take longer. Therefore the end of August is reasonable, and early September is also reasonable (I remember someone in this forum predicted that early Sept. will be the time for completion by using statistical analysis). Let us hope for the best!

Pls do not call the labor office, it's only delaying the process

This is what I received from my lawyer today!

The following update was received from the Department of Labor Licensing and Regulation and forwarded by the AILA liason Stacy Shore:

Our office has a backlog of 6,720 RIRs which includes 530 applications remaining for 4/01 and a backlog of 6,278 regular applications which includes 5,034 applications remaining for 4/01. (Ref. question 1 & 2)

We were recently assigned additional part-time staff, from DLLR's Central Office of Employment Services, to assistant with reducing the backlog applications. We should begin processing an estimation of 300 to 400 applications per month. (Ref. questions 1 & 2)
Although we process all permanent applications, the main focus remains the RIR applications. The RIRs are expedited because they require much less processing time than the regular applications and they allows us to complete a larger number of applications. (Ref. question 1 & 2)

In order to reduce the amount of inquiries, our office began issuing confirmation of transmittal cards to inform law office and/or businesses of the date their applications were completed by Maryland and transmitted to the USDOL for a determination. On the other hand, we have always issued confirmation of receipt cards to the law offices and/or businesses to confirm receipt of their applications. These cards include the name of the business, name of worker, date application was received and a case control number. These can be used as proof of FLC filing for BCIS. (Ref. question 3)

We are asking AILA not to direct their foreign worker clients to contact our office. We are receiving telephone calls on individual lines and they are faxing our office. These interruptions only delay the processing of the applications. Additionally, we are receiving quite a few INS form G-28 signed on behalf of the foreign worker clients rather than by the business. FLC receives the applications as filed by the employer and if the law firm does not represent the employer, we must direct all processing correspondence and communications to the business.
Yolanda Milam
MD FLC

100 applications are being processed in a month ...

We have been talking about 500-600 applicaitons to be completed for 4/30/2001 since mid July or earlier.

Still the number has been 530 or 500. I really hope that they clear 2001 applicaitons by the end of the year.

They might be reading one page a day per application. Why don't they oursource/outtask the SESA/BCIS etc. Our guys can find the flaws in applications much better than they do. We know who is B***S***ing with qualification/experience etc( if someone has junk degree like MS(CS ) from University of NewBridgeport from Bangalore). I have seen a guy got GC two years ago in EB2 with such qualificaiton.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Pls do not call the labor office, it's only delaying the process

Originally posted by ezh

Our office has a backlog of 6,720 RIRs which includes 530 applications remaining for 4/01 and a backlog of 6,278 regular applications which includes 5,034 applications remaining for 4/01. (Ref. question 1 & 2) Yolanda Milam
MD FLC

thanks ezh for sharing this information.

Now some prediction once 4/01 backlogs over.

6720-530=6190 application after 4/01 backlogs.
suppose those application is as of 04/2003

6190/24=258 application per month, seems like they can complete 2 month in one month once april backlogs is over

When did your layer receive it?

Hi! EZH,

When did your lawyer receive it? If it is received two months ago, it is actually a good news.

Thanks,

Re: When did your layer receive it?

Yes, EZH,
Could you please confirm the date that Yolander Miram wrote this notification? It helps a lot if you can get it for all of us.
Thanks!

Originally posted by smallriver
Hi! EZH,

When did your lawyer receive it? If it is received two months ago, it is actually a good news.

Thanks,

Re: When did your layer receive it?

Yes, EZH,
Could you please confirm the date that Yolander Miram wrote this notification? It helps a lot if you can get it for all of us.
Thanks!

Originally posted by smallriver
Hi! EZH,

Thanks,

Re: Aug. 8th is the time when my attorney received it.

Thanks, EZH.

How do you think about this, folks?

I assume Yolander's letter was dated or drafted some time at the end of July or the beginning of August, and the numbers she provided would be the end of July stats. 530 RIR, with their 300-400 per month of processing capacity, still could be cleared in early Sept. (as one friend here predicted with statistical analysis). On the other hand, I do not expect that Yolander and her staff would work with their full capacity (as she told me a couple of months ago - 600 per month), and I do not expect that she would say "we are processing the cases at a rate of 600 per month".

Any comments from folks here in this forum.

Originally posted by ezh

labor /visa status

i did applied labor at maryland may 2002 and i have a visa extension till the end of nov 2003. now in b/w my company sold my group to a different company, what will be my status. do i need to refile labor or visa. can some one give me some details.

LC processing calc.

I just did a processing time calc. assuming the 6720 RIR came in between April 30th and July 30th (821 days). 6720 RIRs in 821 days is 8.185 RIR LCs received per day in that time frame. From the info in this forum, they can process an average of 350 per month or 11.51 per day. If we assume that 2 RIRs are processed for each non-RIR (broadly interpreting the phrase "main focus" in the SESA letter in this chat), then they can process 7.67 RIRs per day.

Here's the calculation:

Let's say X is the date your LC application was received by mail at SESA. (X - 4/30/2001)*8.185 is the number of RIRs received till that day. Y = ((X-4/30/2001)*8.185)/7.67 is the number of days to reach and process all applications received by date X. That many days from 7/30/2003 is when you can expect them to process applications received on Date X. => 7/30/2003+(((X-4/30/2001)*8.185)/7.67) is when you can expect app. on date X to be processed.

So for December 10, 2001, we can expect processing to be completed on March 25, 2004. The important number here is the 7.67 figure, you can change that number according to what you think is the RIR processing speed.

My opinion

We can not assum linear progression, because they added extra personnel recently, I'd assume they will finish april processing end of August or first week of Sep. :D

Re: LC calc

The 350 assumes the new personnel addition. Refer the letter where she states the 300-400 volume after the sentence in which she mentions the addition of new personnel. I assumed linear progression as there is nothing to indicate otherwise. Very unlikely that they will add more personnel again in the next 1 year unless there is pressure from the industry 2. Summer is over so seasonality effect will be pretty low.

LC calc

I meant to say summer is nearly over (about a month to go until sept 23 - start of fall)

calc

garp,
have u factored in the holidays and weekends in your model ?
Or have they been averaged out ?
:) :) :)

Re: calc

Since the SESA letter used a 300-400 on a monthly basis, I assumed that they meant 30 calendar days and not 30 business days. So to answer your question, yes, I averaged them out.

Good News From MD SESA

Hi all,

I just spoke to Lady at MD SESA. She told me that they are Processing RIR MAY 7th 2001. Finally we are out of Apr now.
This is really Good News for us.

SubbaE

Status
Not open for further replies.