Maryland SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: A Question

Originally posted by smallriver
Guys,

Any one can give me an explaination on the relation between 245i and RIR?

Does 245i also has RIR?

Thanks,
From my understanding,
245i and RIR are two separate things. RIR and NonRIR are types of labor process. 245i was amnesty bill for illegal immigrants which could be both RIR and NonRIR.

Can we ask them to start processing non 245(i) as well ?

I think we should ask them to process no-245(i) RIR or NON-RIR along with 245(i)s. Atleast some with Employment based GCs will get approvals. Things will not be so bad.

What is the best way to send this message to SESA-MD ?

Finally my case has moved from MD to Phily. I got a note from my lawyer that my case has been moved to the Regional center on June 25. Its really been a long wait, almost 2 years and 2 months in MD.

Best of luck to all you guys.

April 30 done by AUG END and Latest Tracker....

Hello All,

My lawyer found out from MD that they might hopefully finish processing April 30 cases (I think could be RIR only ?? Don't know if NON-RIR included) by end of AUGUST 03 . This is quite reliable and seems like a possibility.

By the way, I have also updated the tracker with VPR1 approval.

Congrats VPR1 and good luck ahead ! Hope to see you in Philly DOL forum.

Guys, let's all stay positive and hope this can only get better.

Can everyone who is actively involved in this forum update their case receipt dates ? i have seen a lot of blanks and not sures'.

This might help project the time estimate for April 30 better. I will try to do the same.

GCPS - I think you are next in the queue. Pl. post your updates.

Since it came from two different sources Leojems and Ms_from_mich, there must be some truth to it. Hope they process RIR faster as they are supposed to.

:cool:

Hello Friends

All,

I just came back to work after my vocation. Thanks Ms_from_mich
for the info. Let me find my sources tomorrow ( 2003.07.15) and get back to you all. As I said I suppose to get the estimate mid of july how long it would take to finish April 2001.

So If I get I will post here tomorrow. If not please wait.

Let us hope for the good.

Bye

Apri 30

Folks,

There 500 applications (RIR) left over to move to May 2001. So let us hope by end of Aug 2003 our April 2001 will be over.

Let me post whatever I could find and keep you relax. But there is a definite hope in the near future. So just hang in there.

Bye

Still waiting :(

I guess I am next in line! Looks like VPR1 got the approval faster than I had expected and hope that mine gets done quickly as well. Ofcourse, mine could just very well be that 500th application!

Will let you know as soon as it gets approved.

Thanks Leo

Lets keep our fingers crossed. Let us hope and pray that they keep the momentum on processing in coming months so that we can get out of this bottle neck situation

Keep on posting updates...

estimate

Thanks Leojames22. If there are 500 RIR appls, don't you think it might be done sooner at the rate of say 25 apps/day (worst case) or may be 50 apps/day (best case) ? It should be 20 work days or 10 work days.. So next 2-4 weeks max.

Do you have this info. from a reliable source ?

Great job guys!! Please keep this forum going. APRIL HELL will soon end.

ms, expecting too much !!

Do you think there will be weekly/daily targets for completing applications ? I don't think so.

Re: ms, expecting too much !!

I once talked to a lady in MD SESA and was told that their maximum processing capability is 600 cases per month. Therefore they need about one month to finish these 500 cases left over. But since summer is vacation time, it might take longer. Therefore the end of August is reasonable, and early September is also reasonable (I remember someone in this forum predicted that early Sept. will be the time for completion by using statistical analysis). Let us hope for the best!

Originally posted by satya27476
Do you think there will be weekly/daily targets for completing applications ? I don't think so.

Re: estimate

Originally posted by ms_from_mich
Thanks Leojames22. If there are 500 RIR appls, don't you think it might be done sooner at the rate of say 25 apps/day (worst case) or may be 50 apps/day (best case) ? It should be 20 work days or 10 work days.. So next 2-4 weeks max.

Do you have this info. from a reliable source ?

Great job guys!! Please keep this forum going. APRIL HELL will soon end.

Mich,

May be your statement is true. As some one said their capacity to process 600 applications before they hire the new staff. Now with a new staff it could be more than 600 per month.

Your estimate could be right.

Let us look our target to Augurst or early September. If it comes before we are lucky. Aren't we ?

I know at this point this is irrevalent since we are almost done with 245i crap. But I found the response of labor petition we all have signed.

Mr. Dale M. Ziegler, Chief, Division of Foreign Labor Certification, US Department of Labor commented that the
primary reason for delays in labor certification processing was the lack of funding for the program. According to
him, because of Section 245(i), approximately 35,000 applications were added into an already burdened system. He
said that approximately 42 million dollars had been proposed for this program by the President for the Fiscal Year
2004 budget (FY 2004 begins October 1, 2003). That money, if approved, may help eliminate the backlog within
two years. Mr. Zeigler stated that it was the US Department of Labor's position that in the current economy there
were sufficiently qualified US workers available for most jobs. He did concede, however, that there may be
positions (even in the high technology industry) where specific skill sets were unavailable within USA. Mr. Ziegler
concluded his remarks with the observation that the proposed PERM regulations (expected September
2003) would help streamline the process.

245i was extended to August 01?

I heard that 245i was extended and the second deadline (other than 4/30/01) was 8/31/01. Do anyone here know something about it? Coz California is stuck in August 01 now and Virginia was once stuck in August 01 cases for a while(and people in VA forum were complaining about it at that time when VA SESA was processing August 01 cases). Can anyone tell us if this is true? Can any one call his/her lawyer to verify it? People here just cannot afford another bottlenect.
Thanks a million!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.