Maryland SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's wrong with MD

How come Maryland is so slow ?

Even when all other states were processing 3 to 4 months worth of applications in a month, MD was taking 3-4 months for One month. :eek:

And now there are no reports of 45 day letter yet. It is amazing how long they will take to do all this. When the persons are required, they will come up with "rules" and contingency plans for getting them on board ASAP. But now the things are bleak as ever. Gosh feels like being a slave.... :mad:

We are slaves..Didn't u realize that. :(
I checked with with my attorney and the he has received 45 letters for May 02 cases. That was 2 months ago. Nothing after that.
It seems that we are going to move past retrogression dates without labor certification in hand to file for I-485. Sounds like PERM is the only way left.

Anybody moved to perm?

Can you believe this?

One guy I know whose labor was filed in in Dec 2003 from WI and he has received 45 days letter in March.
This leads me to believe that this 45-day letter crap is not same across the board.
Whats goin on? I have no idea what this data entry and 45 days letter criteria is.. :confused:

AbstractVision said:
Can you believe this?

One guy I know whose labor was filed in in Dec 2003 from WI and he has received 45 days letter in March.
This leads me to believe that this 45-day letter crap is not same across the board.
Whats goin on? I have no idea what this data entry and 45 days letter criteria is.. :confused:

I believe the WI case u mentioned was sent to Regional DOL then got transferred to BEC, since WI SWA was processing 03/05/2004(RIR) as of Dec 2004.

Hi, AbstractVision

AbstractVision said:
We are slaves..Didn't u realize that. :(
I checked with with my attorney and the he has received 45 letters for May 02 cases. That was 2 months ago. Nothing after that.
It seems that we are going to move past retrogression dates without labor certification in hand to file for I-485. Sounds like PERM is the only way left.

Anybody moved to perm?
If the May 02 case is from maryland, I doubt that it was transferred from Philly DOL to BEC instead of MD SWA. Otherwise, it's really good news for us, which means they alreay started or even finished the data entry for MD state cases. Per tomshu's message, BEC is key-in NJ state cases now. Maybe they finished key-in 2001/2002 NY cases already?

Last edited by a moderator:
Same Blah Blah Blah

Dear Mr. Anumala:

Your letter to Secretary of Labor Elaine L. Chao was referred to this office for reply. The Division of Foreign Labor Certification in the Employment and Training Administration (ETA) is responsible for administering the Department’s Foreign Labor Certification Program.

As part of our efforts to improve the processing of permanent labor certification applications, the Maryland Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulations sent this application to the ETA Philadelphia Backlog Processing Center on January 28, 2005. The employer or its representative will know processing of this case has begun when the Center issues a "45-day letter” to the employer or its representative asking if it wishes to continue with the processing of the application. Additionally, the letter will notify the employer or its representative if any information from the application is missing. The employer or its representative will be given 45 days from the date of the letter to respond. If the employer or its representative fails to respond, the application will be closed.

We regret that there is such a large number of backlogged cases and empathize with your situation. However, in the interest of fairness and consistency, applications are processed in the order of their receipt and cannot be expedited based solely on the needs of individual employers or aliens. This avoids inequities that can arise when attempting to determine the relative merits of literally thousands of applications.

ETA has established two Permanent Program Backlog Centers in accordance with an interim final rule we published in the Federal Register on July 21, 2004. The rule allows us to consolidate state and Federal functions of the application review process into centralized locations. Additional resources were requested from Congress in FY 2005 so that we may continue work on eliminating the backlog. Congress was not able to provide the full amount of funding requested. We estimate with adequate resources, it will take approximately 24-30 months to eliminate the permanent program’s backlog of cases. This new timeframe and consolidated approach to processing favorably compares to our old method which may have required a period of four or more years to reach and process a case.

To further improve the operations of the permanent labor certification program, ETA implemented a new re-engineered permanent labor certification program on March 28, 2005, as published in a final regulation on December 27, 2004. We believe the new program will improve services to our various stakeholders.

I hope that this information is helpful.

My 45 day letter was received a long time ago, but nothing happened afterwards. I think they will finish up all the data entry before they actually process any case. This will make sure the FIFO rule when they pick cases from the database.

Anyway, They estimated that the data entry will take about 1/2 - 1 year to finish, so within this 1/2 - 1 year, no cases will get approved/denied. I do not know why they will need the manu data entry. Since all the data has been entered to the database at the state level, or even Federal level. Why not simply ask the state to send the electronic version? At least I am sure that my case was in the MD database system, since my case was approved my MD about 1 & 1/2 ago.

As a consequence, the Backlog Elimination Center in fact becomes a blocking center. It blocks all the applications by 1/2 - 1 year for the data entry work.

It is kind of embarassing for a country that claims technology leadership still using the primitive manu data entry, while electromic version is available.

Smallriver There are already APPROVALS from the backlog center AFTER the 45 days letr

smallriver said:
My 45 day letter was received a long time ago, but
nothing happened afterwards. I think they will finish up all the data entry before they actually process any case. This will make sure the FIFO rule when they pick cases from the database.

Anyway, They estimated that the data entry will take about 1/2 - 1 year to finish, so within this 1/2 - 1 year, no cases will get approved/denied. I do not know why they will need the manu data entry. Since all the data has been entered to the database at the state level, or even Federal level. Why not simply ask the state to send the electronic version? At least I am sure that my case was in the MD database system, since my case was approved my MD about 1 & 1/2 ago.

As a consequence, the Backlog Elimination Center in fact becomes a blocking center. It blocks all the applications by 1/2 - 1 year for the data entry work.

Just check this thread
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=161369&page=2&pp=15
LC Approved 2 months after replied to 45 days notice

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, the 45 days notice was replied on Jan 18, the approval is received today March 25. Finally they approved my LC.

I have been patience enough. My LC was filed with TWC back in June 2000, Regular case, non-IT related. Forwarded to regional office on July 2001. I waited 4 years & 9 months for my LC. Hopefully my I-140 & 485 don't take too long.

Good luck to all of you

Hi! guys,

Thanks for the information. Since I do not hear anyone from my company in MD getting approved (Some of them way before my application). My application was received by MD in OCT/2001, RIR. None of us get any approval/Deny from the BEC.

Thanks for the information. Hopefully we can hear something soon. But from the BEC listed approval Time , BEC does not seem to be using FIFO?

Another guy (a very qualified Engineer from India) from my company applied to MD in May/2001 (a very unlucky guy, if he had applied 15 days earlier?) has not received the 45 day letter yet. Is there anything wrong?

If you have any information, I will appreciate.

Mine was applied from MD in Jan 2002.
RIR/EB2.
Received the 45-day letter in Feb 2005. My lawyer replied back in 1st week of March. BPC received the letter March 24 2005.
No further update.

Question to icici

hi icici,

I'm a little confused. when you say "Mine was applied from MD in Jan 2002.", do you mean you filed to state on Jan 2002? but i thought all cases before 5/30/2002 had been processed at MD and won't be transferred.

Thank you. My receipt date is 7/2002, but no 45-day letter yet.

No, everything will be transferred

Hi! My case was submitted in OCT/2001. It has been approved by MD more than 1 year ago. But it gets blocked in Philadalphia. And it was transferred to the Blocking Center. I have received the 45 day letter long time ago.

According to the lawyer, All the cases will be transferred to the blocking center, regardless if MD approved it or not. The blocking center will process all the cases and disregard if MD approved them or not. They promise to use FIFO (First in - First out) based on your original submit date. But there is no guaranttee on this.

Let us see how long the blocking center will keep blocking.

45-day letter still not received?

Has anyone still not received 45-day letter for RIR LC?

My wife's LC was filed in 8/2001 to MD and gone to Philly DOL. Still no 45-day letter yet. Is it normal? Should we wait or try to contact Philly BRC? She is worried maybe the case was lost or gone for no reason. :confused:

45 day letter not received

Hi! One of a guy working next to me has not received the 45 dy letter yet. He fileed to MD 8/2001. RIR. Similar to your case. It may be a good news, because your case may not be transferred to the BEC. Philadelphia is still processing it as before? I am not sure if my guess is right, just hope you good luck.

LC case processed in Philly DOL?

smallriver said:
It may be a good news, because your case may not be transferred to the BEC. Philadelphia is still processing it as before?

Smallriver,

Are you saying my wife's LC could be processed by Philly DOL directly but not BEC? Where do you get this information? Could you give me a link? Can I call or email Philly DOL for verification? Thanks so much!

Whats going on with PERM? It seems that not many people are converting to PERM.
Any idea as to when the Blocking centers would start approving LC for Mid 2002. :confused: :(

Status
Not open for further replies.