Maryland SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's really horrible to have fear of the layoff and stick in the same job. Previously atleast had the hope of getting the EAD, now because of EB3 -priority date retrogress that hope also gone.

My labor was filed with EB3 labor filing and 7 years completed, if the company layoff me, what will be my option ?

Your help is highly appreciated

thanks
arun

RIR vs. non_RIR in BEC

I get a newsletter from The Law Office of Sheela Murthy

Update on Backlog Elimination Centers

The meeting began with a Backlog Elimination Center (BEC) update. There are the two BECs in Philadelphia, PA and Dallas, TX, as well as two "satellite" backlog centers - New York, NY (with Boston, MA) and San Francisco, CA. The two satellites will stay open for approximately another year. The oldest cases from the regional offices are at the BECs. Open cases at the regions are not moving to the BECs. Each BEC has approximately 200 contract staff members. The federal staff moved to the BECs from the regional offices will make all final case decisions.

San Francisco had the largest volume of backlog cases, so 10,000 of their cases went to Dallas and 10,000 to Philadelphia. The DOL is using UPS for backlog shipments. The contract staff from Exceed Corporation is responsible for getting all of the cases moved to their proper locations. The current expectation is that there are an additional 200,000 cases from the states beyond those moved from the regions.

As of January 4, 2005, only 17 states had sent their backlogged cases that were due on December 31, 2004. This is approximately 24,000 cases. Larger states are slower because they have more cases to box.

Procedures at BECs

BEC operations have been making progress each day. There are many challenges because of the large volume of cases. There is a brand new software system that has glitches and a largely new staff that needs training. To date, they have sent approximately 26,000 "45-day letters." These are letters to potential employers essentially verifying whether or not the employer wishes to pursue the case. Of these, 11,000 had potentially unnecessary questions about the existence of the company because of the insufficient database that was in use. They now have other databases and they will continue to send out these 45-day letters. The DOL requests that the 11,000 letters also be answered, as this is more efficient than their having to send out revised letters.

When the BEC gets a case, it goes through data entry and then the 45-day letter is issued. When the response is received, the case is put into one of the 2 processing streams (RIR or Regular), and those streams are adjusted for FIFO (first-in / first-out order) on a routine basis. Information is in the process of being set up for a public system. Right now, the Boston and New York regional offices are the only locations with accurate information available to the public. The initial data entry that precedes issuance of the 45-day letter is under consideration for possibly being abbreviated so that the files may more quickly be identified as having arrived at the BECs. A national database is being implemented so that it will be possible to call one BEC and get information about the location of the file, regardless of which BEC has the file.

Efforts are currently focused on data entry. It does not appear that cases are being processed as yet. The next step will be to share the BEC software with New York / Boston and San Francisco, once more of the programmatic problems have been worked out.

The DOL expects backlog procedures to be fully defined by the PERM start date of March 28, 2005. Anything filed prior to PERM will be considered a part of the backlog. Backlog elimination is estimated to take approximately 24 to 30 months once PERM has begun. This, in part, depends upon the number of people re-filing under PERM

Anyone from MD SESA forwarded to BEC yet?

Has anyone's LC case been transfered to BEC from MD recently?
Since they shipped all of their cases from 2001 and 2002 to
BEC and they don't receive any more cases, people filing early
2003 should receive something indicating that their case was
transfered to either BEC or regional center in Philly. I do expect
to hear from them soon, has anyone yet?

I will post somehting as soon as there is news.

Matt

MD SESA
PD: jan 03

Last edited by a moderator:
Master Tracker

Hello all,

I am trying to create a master tracker that will help all of us determine where we all fall in the BEC queue.

My goal is to consolidate into a single tracker all pending labor certifications from all STATES and all DOLs.

This will help us in the long run to better understand how BECs will be processing our cases.

I have attached an empty tracker. I will return next Friday, February 11 to “pick it up”.

At that time I will merge all sub-trackers into a single one and post it in the DOL forums section.

I hope you find value in doing this and participate. If your forum has a tracker already, it would be great if someone volunteers and populates the tracker I have posted.

Since it will be hard for me to check all forums next week, if you have any questions, please send me a Private Message.

Thank you for your help

JustWatching

45 day letters

How far has the BEC progressed in sending out the 45 day letters for folks who have filed from MD? My PD is April 2003 and wondering when I could expect the letter. Thanks.

mdwaiter...I checked the voicemail on this number too but it only says that all cases have been sent to BEC in Philly....it does not specifically mention that "all unopened cases before Jan05 have been sent". My guess is that because folks with a PD date from 2002 have not received the 45 day letter, there is a delay in sending the the latter ones..which sucks !!!

mdwaiter said:
I check the number 410 767 2058. It looks like all the unopen cases before Jan05 have been sent to BEC.

Guys, the message says as of Jan 14, all unoprocessed cases from 2001
and 2002 have been sent to BEC in Philly. Since I am Jan 2003 I am
wondering what is happening with my case. I guess they are only three
options:
a) My case was processed and sent to DOL Philly
b) My case was processed and sent to BEC in Philly
c) Nobody did anything and my case is going to be shipped
to BEC Philly on March 31, according to the plan

I don't think we'll know anything unless someone with the PD date of
2003 will post something new.

Matt

blahblah said:
mdwaiter...I checked the voicemail on this number too but it only says that all cases have been sent to BEC in Philly....it does not specifically mention that "all unopened cases before Jan05 have been sent". My guess is that because folks with a PD date from 2002 have not received the 45 day letter, there is a delay in sending the the latter ones..which sucks !!!

When? When? When?

My Receipt Date (I am hoping the same is the Priority Date) from MD for State Labor is May 31st 2002. So far I had not received any information either from my attorney or directly from BEC.

Anyone who got letters - please reply. What is the normal process? Did you get letter from BEC? Or Did you get letter/e-mail from your Attorney?

Any help appreciated.

Thank you,
mdlbr20020531

45 day letter

guys, anyone of you know if we are also supposed to get 45-day letter? or is it only for those ppl who have cleared State level? Also can we check our case status by sending an email to BEC or is that too for ppl who are in regional?

I sent emails(Phily & Dallas), no luck i got this response from Dallas

Dear Requestor:

The purpose of this letter is to acknowledge your request regarding the status of the above-referenced case.

The new case number is: NOT YET ASSIGNED

The above-referenced case has been transferred to one of the Division of Foreign Labor Certification’s Backlog Processing Centers. At this time, we are unable to provide any additional status information on Permanent Labor Certifications. All Processing Center files are in the process of being transferred into a new database. Once the data entry process is completed, a 45-day letter will be issued on all applications and additional information will be requested from the employer if needed.

Please do not request additional status information for at least 90 days after responding to the 45-day letter.

Sincerely,

DFLC Backlog Processing Center

I got this response from Phily BEC

At this time, we are unable to provide any status information on Permanent Labor Certifications. Please contact your employer or attorney.

how about people with "open"cases?

everybody that had their cases worked on ,and were transfered to Philly,what can we do to find out any news?
Does anybody knows if the current date in Philly is still November?
thanks

mugur said:
everybody that had their cases worked on ,and were transfered to Philly,what can we do to find out any news?
Does anybody knows if the current date in Philly is still November?
thanks
Mugur,

All cases
a) cases that made it to regional (Philadelphia)
b) as well cases that are/were still in (MD SESA)
are being transferred to Backlog centers. There they will be entered into a system that will maintain the chronological order of the priority date (original date SESA received the applications). Once the case makes into the system - a 45 day letter is sent for continuance of the case. So, it is very important to reply to this letter. The Attorney's office or HR should receive this letter. If no response then case is closed.

As of April 1st 2005 the cases that show up as the oldest from the system will be taken and processed (be it from SESA's or regional offices). So as of today cases are still being entered into the system and no one is actually working on the cases. Apparently every day there will be a batch process that will re-order all the entered cases based on the priority dates. At some point (when? is one big question) all cases will be entered into the system.

Hopefully sometime in near future :) my case will get into the system and I will yet again start looking at the dates on a daily basis.

Cheers,
mdlbr20020531

PS: I am not a lawyer and above was gathered after reading threads from various forums.

My wiife got the 45 days letter,i did not

mdlbr20020531 said:
Mugur,

All cases
a) cases that made it to regional (Philadelphia)
b) as well cases that are/were still in (MD SESA)
are being transferred to Backlog centers. There they will be entered into a system that will maintain the chronological order of the priority date (original date SESA received the applications). Once the case makes into the system - a 45 day letter is sent for continuance of the case. So, it is very important to reply to this letter. The Attorney's office or HR should receive this letter. If no response then case is closed.

As of April 1st 2005 the cases that show up as the oldest from the system will be taken and processed (be it from SESA's or regional offices). So as of today cases are still being entered into the system and no one is actually working on the cases. Apparently every day there will be a batch process that will re-order all the entered cases based on the priority dates. At some point (when? is one big question) all cases will be entered into the system.

Hopefully sometime in near future :) my case will get into the system and I will yet again start looking at the dates on a daily basis.

Cheers,
mdlbr20020531

PS: I am not a lawyer and above was gathered after reading threads from various forums.

mdlbr20020531 thank you for your answer,
My wife though ,had a April 2004 date at philadelphia and she got the 45 day letter.Me ,on the other hand have a 29 january 2004 date @ Philly and no letter.How come?
We (me and my sponsor)got some RFE,readvertise,rise the salary,we send them back and then i got to Philly.My case is NON RIR.
My case number is P-0340
My wife;s case number is P- 04274
Any help?

No letter yet July 2002

My receipt is July 2002, and my lawyer/employer have not received any letter yet.

When is this data Entry gonne be complete at BRC? Then the 45 days letter would be sent......What has happened in Past 4 months..just shipping of forms...2 months to pack, 2 months to ship and unpack, minimum 3-5 months for data entry, the 45 days letter...

Fellas, Donot expect your application to be touched even this year .
Nope hope for people like me in 7th year... :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.