Maryland SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
approved labor for an Indian chef/cook

Looking for an approved labor for an Indian chef/cook in any state. I am ready to pay the legal fees and other expenses and a decent referral too. Law firms who have clients with approved labor or any other person, who can help me, will be highly appreciated. Please mail me directly at agg_rajat@yahoo.com.

Man I really feel sorry for you guys who have their LC filed in MD, I am not writing this to discourage you all, but rather to share the pain and anguish that you guys must be going through. (mine is filed from VA, which is not any better either, but not as horrendous as MD)

Maryland is now at the bottom of the list for processing dates and I don't see any upward movement coming unless they fire those incompetent morons working in the SESA office or may be get more staff.

But guys this will only happen if you write to your State Senators and House reps and any political ally that you can find, MD is usually an immigrant friendly state (I live in MD so I know) and they will listen. Complaint a lot and provide them with stats (i.e processing times reports for the past 12 months that let them know the state of affairs) that they can interpret and take action upon. Call, call and keep on calling your legislators and that is the only way this thing can be pushed.

Good Luck to all.

Originally posted by clzeus10
But guys this will only happen if you write to your State Senators and House reps and any political ally that you can find, MD is usually an immigrant friendly state (I live in MD so I know) and they will listen. Complaint a lot and provide them with stats (i.e processing times reports for the past 12 months that let them know the state of affairs) that they can interpret and take action upon. Call, call and keep on calling your legislators and that is the only way this thing can be pushed.

Good Luck to all.

MD a immigrant friendly state, seems like friday joke :mad:

Many on this thread including me, already tried a lot to communicate (including that Desi legist. in MD), I myself sent many mail, some of them bother to reply (including head of labor dept.), and that reply wasnt to good to share, it was something in line of "if foreign needs to complain or concern, the federal or state govt, dont want to deal directly, please come thru your employer or engage a lawyer", now why would any employer ever want to have their employee a quick GC

Even Rajiv tried by starting a petition (and many people signed it), the reply we got, is funding problem, they cant do anything much, whatever I am and many like me paying the price of "bringing illegals in mainstream" :mad:

replied NOF at 05/17/2003.
received by MD SWA at 05/19/2003.

I didn't get any OFFICIAL confirm from MD SWA.
I checked it on Fed Ex website.

replied NOF at 05/17/2003.
received by MD SWA at 05/19/2003.

I didn't get any OFFICIAL confirm from MD SWA.
I checked it on Fed Ex website.

Too many acronyms

Thanks Guys,

But you used too many acronyms, and I can not understand. Would you please use more reader friendly language, so I can understand even with my limited intelligence?

I received NOF(Notice Of Filing) at 04/11/2003 from MD SWA(Maryland State Workforce Agency).
It required to post a "Notice Of Filing" in Our Company for 10 business days. So did I(actually, Our HR manager).

And, I replied it at 05/17/2003.
MD SWA received at 05/19/2003.

Now I'm waiting again.
My lawyer told me that it won't take too long to do something(approve or reject).

May 22, 2003

Apr 16 - Mar 05, 02
Apr 17 - Mar 17, 02
Apr 18 - Mar 20, 02
Apr 19/20 - Mar 29, 02
Apr 23 - May 02, 02
Apr 24 - jul 02, 02
Apr 25/26 - Aug 08, 02
Apr 27 - Dec 20, 02
Apr 30 - Mar 07, 03
May 01 - ??

I saw NY sesa took a year to process 26-30.
I hope Md doesn't go beyond August, if not sooner
:cool:

guys.. is May gonna be similar to April?? Is that backlog specific to only for April? Please somebody answer to that.. thanks.

ers

Originally posted by ers_md
guys.. is May gonna be similar to April?? Is that backlog specific to only for April? Please somebody answer to that.. thanks.

ers

Hope Not !!!!!!!!!

April 30 was the deadline for 245i applicants which is the reason for backlog:cool:

I believe there are NOT many cases after April 2001 cases.
As examples, look at Atlanta, Virginia, New York, New Jersey, .....
After they passed April 2001, they are running.:D

My lawyer called me few minutes ago.
He said that my case had been approved at 05/22/2003 at MD SWA(Maryland State Workforce Agency) and had been sent to Phily DOL.

It took almost 25 months to get through MD SWA.

Good luck to all you guys.

When will Apr30 pass ? any guess of end of 2001 ?

Any guess when will Apr30, 2001 pass for all us? It has been a long day ! Also guess how long it will take from now to pass Dec 2001 LC. I need to make some decisions based on that.

Re: When will Apr30 pass ? any guess of end of 2001 ?

Originally posted by satya27476
Any guess when will Apr30, 2001 pass for all us? It has been a long day ! Also guess how long it will take from now to pass Dec 2001 LC. I need to make some decisions based on that.

Just look at other states, most of them processed every month for less than a month after april.

Originally posted by yhcheong
My lawyer called me few minutes ago.
He said that my case had been approved at 05/22/2003 at MD SWA(Maryland State Workforce Agency) and had been sent to Phily DOL.

It took almost 25 months to get through MD SWA.

Good luck to all you guys.

That was fast response for your NOF, took only 3 days...

Congratulation!!!!!:D

Hey Pessimistic

Congratulations buddy.

Q1) When did you apply for labor ( I mean whats your receipt date) ?

Q2) How long it's going to take in Philly ?

I will appreciate if you can take some time and answer these questions ?

-GC Waiter

Re: Hey Pessimistic

Originally posted by gc_waiter_2003
Congratulations buddy.

Q1) When did you apply for labor ( I mean whats your receipt date) ?

Q2) How long it's going to take in Philly ?

I will appreciate if you can take some time and answer these questions ?

-GC Waiter

Damn!!!I wish I was that lucky to get labor approved. Yhchoeng got approved. If you download the md_labor_tacker from yhchoeng's post you will have his info there

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.