Maryland SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Labor Approved

I received the communication from my lawyer that my labor has been approved. Following is the verbatim message.

The DOL has made a final dtermination on your Application for Employment Certification, pursuant to Title 20, Code of Federal Regulations, Part 656 and as required by the Immigration and Nationality Act, as amended.

Form ETA 750 has been certified and enclosed. This certification must be attached to the I-140 petition and filed with the INS.

My special thanks to inshope who suggested to accept the prevailing wage determined by SESA

Good Luck to everyone!

MdGc

Congraturation MDGC.:D

Do you mean your LC is approved from Phily DOL?
According to your post, it seems that your LC is approved at Phily DOL. So you are ready to I-140.

Is it true?
If true, could you tell me your receipt date for Phily DOL?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Labor Approval

The letter is from Employment and Training Administration, 200 Constitution Ave NW, Washngton D.C 20210 and the certifying officer is Dale M.Ziegler. There is no mention about Philly DOL, so I do not know when it went to Philly DOL.

Mdgc

MDGC,

Congrats on your LC approval.

When u said your company had accepted the prevailing wage determined by SESA. What exactly does that mean, did they give you a pay raise?

I'm in the same situation as you were a month ago. Currenly i'm in the process of deciding what to do next. Any advice?

VPR

Acceptance of prevailing wage

VPR1.

Acceptance of prevailing wage means my company will pay the prevailing after I get my green card.

You have two options. One is accept the prevailing wage and advertise internally within the company for 10 business days and submit the results to SWA. Hopefully no one else applies for an internal posting. It really depends on how big is your company.

The second is to argue with SWA that the prevailing wage that they have determined is not tenable in the current economic scenario.

Accepting the prevailing wage seems to be a safe bet. It should be possible to convince your employer since this is payable only AFTER you get your GC which may be few years away. My employer was kind enough to accept this request and it has worked in my case.

Hoep this helps. Good Luck!

MdGc

MDGC,

As I research, Dale M. Ziegler is the Chief of the Division of Foreign Labor Certification at the United States Department of Labor.

It means that your LC is approved at federal level(Phily DOL).
Now, you are ready to go for I-140.

Could you tell us about your information, such as
1)when did you send the result to MD SWA?
2)what is your Phily receipt date?
3)what is your DOT code?

Or you can update the excel file.

I appreciate your contribution to this thread. Good luck.

Thanks in advance.

Details of Submission

yhcheong,

The reply to NOF was sent on March 26, 2003. It was sent to Post Box address at the Centralized processing group, Gaithersburg, MD and not to Baltimore office since it was requested that the reply go to this address.

Then I have this certification. I tried checking the automated telephone system at Philly DOL and my case is not listed. I suspect that it did not go to Philly DOL but was processed in this centralized processing group.

If you can tell me where I can look up my DOT code, I will be glad to do it for you.

MdGc

I guess getting NOF isn's a bad deal after all. If you don't get NOF your process likely to go through philly and wait there for another 6 months. Or get NOF and have it processed in a month, provided you fulfill the requirement.

Congratulation to MDGC..You made it thru.

I talked to my lawyer.

I have to sent the result to Baltimore, not Gaithersburg.:mad:
And, my lawyer received it around mid-April and hold up almost 20 days.:mad:

You said that "Notice Of Finding". Is that correct?
Mine is "Notice Of Filing".

Anyway, thanks MDGC.

Congrats MDGC !

Please keep this thread posted of whether you have recd. PHILLY DOL approval also.

We need to track all Maryland filed labors when they move to PHILLY DOL. I checked that thread and most approvals in the thread were from Virginia, Delaware or Philly SESA's ..

Do you know if Maryland SESA cases which have been moved to PHILLY DOL are getting preferential treatment because our PRIORITY DATE (apr 2001) IS WAY BEHIND most other SESA's ?

Can anybody find out this info ?

thanks!

Finally some progress...

yhcheong,

Good luck with your case.. Hope you get your approval soon..

Keep the thread posted.

Can anyone find out updates about MD progress with APRIL 30th and how long it will take ? Any official info. is appreciated.

:cool:

Re: Philly DOL

I checked up with my lawyer and he confirmed that my labor did not go to Phily DOL but was processed in the National center after we filed the reply for Notice Of Finding.

That is the reason my labor was cleared quickly after the NOF. I am now ready to apply for I-140.

If you get a NOF and if it says send reply to Central Processing Group(CPG), then your labor papers will not go to Philly DOL at all, but will be processed in the CPG

MDGC,

Good for you. Good luck in I-140.

As I remember, DOL is trying to have new Labor Certification system(I'm not sure whether it is PERM) so they pick up some cases from each states and put it in new system.
I think your was one of them.

I read it from NY or NJ thread(I'm not sure.)

I may see you in I-140 thread.
Keep your finger cross for me:D

Processing time estimation for April 30

Based on the information here, we have the following data.

ID Received Date Processing Date
MGDC 10/1/2001 3/X/2003
VPR 10/15/2001 4/11/2003

As somebody mentioned, on March 7, 2003 Maryland started to process April 1, 2001. Therefore, we assume that the lower bound and the upper bound of MGDC’s processing date are March 1 and March 6 respectively.

If we take the lower bound, then we have the following data.

ID Received Date Processing Date
MGDC 10/1/2001 3/1/2003
VPR 10/15/2001 4/11/2003

Working days: 11 and 30

Therefore, the ratio of processing days to receiving days is 30/11 = 2.7. Similarly, if we take the upper bound, the ratio is 27/11 = 2.5.

Also, we assume that the received date of April 30 ended on January 27, 2002. There were about 3.5 months left for receiving date. Thus, the lower bound of processing time is 2.5*3.5, that is, 9 months. Similarly, the upper bound is 10 months.

Based on the estimation, we expect that the April 30 will be cleared off in January next year.

SkyLake,

Nice Guesstimtation :D
My guesstimation was 3.5 months which would make August for end of 245i, yours is 8 months.

I hope I am right :cool:

:p :p :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.