March Filers, let's get together !!

Thaks kkboy....i am considering the option, only problem being that i am 350 miles away from my DO. Will probably wait till mid next week otherwise i guess it will be good to go and check out whats going on with my application.

As you can see in my signature my LUD dates for those 2 forms are stuck around the same time as yours. But other things seem to be moving along just fine. I don't know if that helps any lol, but to be safe you could always infopass although thats a pretty long drive.

I haven't had an LUD on my I-130 since 4/12! I have LUDs on my 485 and 765 but only because the day before I had my FP done. Seems like my case is going to be quiet for a while.

Last edited by a moderator:
Karmaguru...

It's time to use the free pass, take the infopass and find out. it's been almost 2 months, u have a valid reason to check it out by speaking to the officer

I hate to point out that your DO, New Orleans, is still processing application from 2005, which would probably explain why your case doesn't seem to keep up the pace of the others. I'm sorry.

I hate to point out that your DO, New Orleans, is still processing application from 2005, which would probably explain why your case doesn't seem to keep up the pace of the others. I'm sorry.

Yes Umploop, I guess New Orleans is real slow DO, cant do anything about it....i just need the EAD since i expect to start a new job on July 1st, hope to get it by then, otherwise i am fine with a little delayed processing of the atual GC.
I am planning to take the Infopass when it gets past 90 days from the Notice date and try to get the EAD on that basis....that is if it doesnt arrive by then...i am hoping that it will...it really is a long drive...but if i have to then...i have to.
GL

Quick question guys...does it have to be 90 days from the reciept date or the notice date to get the EAD?
My reciept daye is march 3rd and notice date is march 8th....not a whole lot of difference but if it gets to that stage then each day will be crucial for me.

Quick question guys...does it have to be 90 days from the reciept date or the notice date to get the EAD?
My reciept daye is march 3rd and notice date is march 8th....not a whole lot of difference but if it gets to that stage then each day will be crucial for me.

It's the receipt date (USCIS is required to adjudicate a pending Form I-765 within 90 days from the date of receipt. 8 CFR 274a.13(d).)
http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/ElimI688B_081806R.pdf

I don't see how 5 days will be crucial unless you are thinking of making an infopass to get an interim EAD on the 91st day. Since October 1, 2006 local offices stopped issuing interim EADs. We have to go through Chicago or the appropriate servicing center for interim EAD regardless of the DO.

On the USCIS website it says "Now processing cases with a RECEIPT notice date of..." so I can only guess its the RD. I'm sure someone else could tell you for sure.

My DO is processing 130 cases a year out right now as well, and if the online timeline is correct I wont get my EAD for another 2-3 months lol. So we're in the same boat. If you contact them after the 90 days let me know what they tell ya, I'll do the same if something happens for you.

It's the receipt date (USCIS is required to adjudicate a pending Form I-765 within 90 days from the date of receipt.

I didnt know that, thanks for the info. So I guess patience for another 30 days, and then get curious. I thought they could take as long as they like lol.

photograph during fp ???????

Vaca, saw this post from u:

I was photographed with I went for my FP 3 weeks ago. I inquired and they said that will be the picture on the GC. Only if I knew earlier, I would have tried to cover those dark circles

My wife wasn't photographed...just FP...and out !
Who else got a photo taken during fp ? STRANGE !

kkboy, I got my FP taken and pictures. What was the code on your FP notice? I got a Code 3, which I think means FP and picture, and Code 2 means just FP.

hmm..

kkboy, I got my FP taken and pictures. What was the code on your FP notice? I got a Code 3, which I think means FP and picture, and Code 2 means just FP.

Thx Espoman ! I just IM'ed my wife..she confirmed her pic was taken....hahaha , sorry guys, I should have paid attention to the proceedings, i was sitting outside. During my citizenship, there was no photo deal...so got confused.

Vaca, T-6 !

Last edited by a moderator:
Thx Espoman ! I just IM'ed my wife..she confirmed her pic was taken....hahaha , sorry guys, I should have paid attention to the proceedings, i was sitting outside. During my citizenship, there was no photo deal...so got confused.

Vaca, T-6 !

That's fine, happens!

yea, can't wait to get done with this thing! So finally my spouse and I did decide to take a lawyer with us. I found a (seemingly) nice lawyer who is charging a fee which is correct (from whatever research I did).
We are taking him so we don't get asked anything we should not be.

T-6 indeed!

Biometric appointment is designed to capture both your finger prints and pictures.

nononono !!! ESPOMAN was correct. BIO CODE defines what to get done (photo /pic/index print). Google it...u shall see what he/I mean.

Just received AOS interview notice as shown below.

-----------
DO - Helena, MT
Filing - 03/16/07
RD - 03/18/07
ND - 03/23/07
Checks cashed - 03/26/07
FP - 04/12/07
AOS Int. ND - 05/07/07
AOS Int. - 07/26/07
LUD (130) - 04/9/07
LUD (485/765) - 04/14/07

nononono !!! ESPOMAN was correct. BIO CODE defines what to get done (photo /pic/index print). Google it...u shall see what he/I mean.

Sorry dude, I just assumed that all applicants need to have both prints and pictures on file... Anyhow, I finally got LUDs! So need to make photo copies and get ready for my interview.

yea

~90 days is what they say. However, most folks have interviews within that timeframe, so EAD is cancelled at the interview itself.

T- 3 !!!!!!!!!!!!!