March Filers, let's get together !!

Hey Vaca if you dont mind me asking, who is the lawyer down here in SoCal who wanted to charge you the $5000 fee?

It was 5k b/c they don't normally go with client to interviews (and don't want to I guess). I will let you know the name after the interview if you don't mind.

It was 5k b/c they don't normally go with client to interviews (and don't want to I guess). I will let you know the name after the interview if you don't mind.
No I don't mind. It's not a big deal, just curious because I went to a couple of different lawyers before I found this one. I am just curious if its anyone of the ones I went to. Good luck on the interview. You'll be fine.

Hmmm, I guess I am the first of the May 2007 files batch... Holy Moly o_O

Well, I hope I will be fine. I need to read up some interview FAQs, anyone can point me to some?

No I don't mind. It's not a big deal, just curious because I went to a couple of different lawyers before I found this one. I am just curious if its anyone of the ones I went to. Good luck on the interview. You'll be fine.

Do you mind telling me which law firms you went to? I am assuming you didn't stay with them b/c you were not happy?
Thanks

hey vaca take it easy... you are in good standing... don't even think to spend this money for nothing.
If like you said, your case is clear , just go and no doubt1!!!!!!!
During the interview you ahve to prove that you marriage is real , but it doesn't mean that you have to be a in the house every day.
SO if you posittive about your relationship, just go!!Cause USA this is country , where this is common thing for evebody. YOu are building your life in such hard situation, and each of has to take it how is it!!!

Hi ALL,
Here is my time-line:

DO:Los Angeles???

Sent:I-130 & I-765 to Laguna Nigel on 03/07/2007
I-485 to Nebraska on 03/07/2007

03/13 RD I-130
03/17 RD I-765
03/26 RD I-485 (sent from Lee's Summit)
03/30 received Biometrics letter
04/07 biometrics done
04/10 RFE (from Lee's Summit) just my stupidity!!!!!!!:mad: :confused:
04/25 RFE sent overnight
LUD I-130 03/13
LUD I-765 03/14
LUD I-485 05/02 .....received and case processing has resumed....

Ead Ead

I am checking my mails everyday, still no signs of EAD yet. I really need the EAD to change job, as I am currently working on my H1B. My EAD has not been touched since 4/9.

I am wondering whether I should start looking for jobs right now as job search/interview might take some time, or I should wait till I have EAD in my hand? Is it reasonable to assume that EAD will be granted in 90 days, I filed in early March through my USC spouse. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch.

Well guys I got my Biometrics done today, it went well. I was there for about 30 minutes. I checked my online case status and haven't gotten and LUDs for any of my cases. It's weird because I know most people get LUDs after their FP. Anyways... I hope to get an LUD soon lol

nice...

Well guys I got my Biometrics done today, it went well. I was there for about 30 minutes. I checked my online case status and haven't gotten and LUDs for any of my cases. It's weird because I know most people get LUDs after their FP. Anyways... I hope to get an LUD soon lol

Nicely done, now you can hi-5 without worrying about wiping your fingerprints off ! Am awaiting my wife's FP(next week).

..I know who can help you...for free !!!

This user, chloegue had the exact experience like urs ( case..I mean):
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=246750

Seems like the 485 finally got approved last week.
Ping her and see if she can help with what questions were asked.

Thanks kkboy! This is very helpful, I had read that thread before when you had sent it to me earlier...thanks again. :D
I am not going to take any lawyer with me, screw that. We know our story, we know our case is clean, it all depends on the interviewer we get.
Thanks lawyers, but I would like to keep my money :p

hey vaca take it easy... you are in good standing... don't even think to spend this money for nothing.
If like you said, your case is clear , just go and no doubt1!!!!!!!
During the interview you ahve to prove that you marriage is real , but it doesn't mean that you have to be a in the house every day.
SO if you posittive about your relationship, just go!!Cause USA this is country , where this is common thing for evebody. YOu are building your life in such hard situation, and each of has to take it how is it!!!

Sokolen, thanks so much for the kind words. I agree, if we are right, there is no reason to fear. I slept on it last night and have decided not to take a lawyer with us. Our joint documents are quite solid, and both my spouse and I are so smashing hot they may mistake us for supermodels and approve me anyway. OK just kidding :D :eek:
We are just going to go without worries and confidence, because that's all we can and should do.

Um.. Willow you were supposed to send the I-130, 485, and the 765 to Chicago Lockbox.

Hi Espoman,
Why to Chicago?
I printed the I-130 form from www.uscis.org with instructions and it says:
"If you live in Arizona, California, Guam, Hawaii or Nevada,mail this petition to:
USCIS California Service CenterP.O. Box 10130Laguna Niguel, CA 92607-0130"
.......and I got the Notice of Action from them.........
......so now you scared me:( ......
Please explain.
Thanks

willow

willow....your mail will most likely be auto-forwarded to chicago. no worries...
btw, nice homework :)...b4 sending ur stuff.