March Filers, let's get together !!

vaca100.
I was wondering if you can let me know how do you reach a Customer Service Representative using the 1800 number.(?)
I called 1800, but every time I try to talk to a CSR , I stop in my LUD information?

One more thing, do you know if there is something similar to the intern EAD, but for the AP?
Thanks

vaca100.
I was wondering if you can let me know how do you reach a Customer Service Representative using the 1800 number.(?)
I called 1800, but every time I try to talk to a CSR , I stop in my LUD information?

One more thing, do you know if there is something similar to the intern EAD, but for the AP?
Thanks

Hmm I haven't called that number in nearly a year, but I would either press 0 and hope that connects to a CSR. If not, call back and don't press anything (even if they ask you to), hopefully you will be eventually connected to one.

I am not sure about an interim AP, hopefully someone else on this forum does.

I have interview date!

I'm so completely freaked out right now. My interview letter came today in the mail and we're scheduled for May 23rd @11:00. I haven't had any LUDs since what's on my signature. What an amazing news after having to spend last night in the emergency room for dog bites... Wish me luck!

I'm so completely freaked out right now. My interview letter came today in the mail and we're scheduled for May 23rd @11:00. I haven't had any LUDs since what's on my signature. What an amazing news after having to spend last night in the emergency room for dog bites... Wish me luck!

Nice, good news. Take care!
Hmm I think on the March filers thread I am the first one in line for the interview (May 17th)...can't ask anyone about their experience :(

Nice, good news. Take care!
Hmm I think on the March filers thread I am the first one in line for the interview (May 17th)...can't ask anyone about their experience :(

Where is your DO, vaca100? Don't forget to check February filing thread. I think quite a few of them are scheduled for interview soon. Good luck to you!

UmpLoop, I'm glad to hear you got your interview letter today:)
Good luck!!! :) :) :)

Sorry about the dog bites:(

yo espo

Hey guys so does the NOA for Interview usually arrive a month after you do your FP?

buddy, it all depends on the DO processing speed. mine came even b4 FP (same for vaca). yours shud be in the mail soon...LA speed is under 3 months( looking at people's timelines on this forum). hang in there.

I received 2 days ago an RFE, one because I forgot to attach my medical :confused: woops. But I already had it ready to go and was expecting the RFE. Another RFE because we apparently used an outdated form for the affidavit of support. So my husband filled out a new one, no need to attach the tax info since everything was already received for that. So that was return to them yesterday. Anyone else get an RFE? Did it hold your process up long?

p.s.-Congrats to everyone who got their interview letters and Good Luck!!!

Unix,
Yes It's time to shake that tree. Average FP period is 1 month from RD as you may have noticed. But just to let you know I got my FP letter on 4/16 for FPs to be done on 4/19. I read that people get them 3 days later than FP date and the ASC takes them.

If you'd like to on a worse case scenario, try to go to the ASC, find a helpful person and see if they have you scheduled. They can tell just by typing the applicant A#.

No FP NOA yet and it has been over a month since they received our packet and 2 full weeks since the last LUD. My wife can't seem to get anywhere with 800 number so we set up an info pass for Monday May 7th. Any other suggestions anyone? I really hope that NOA for FP didnt get lost in the mail.

Should we take our lawyer to th einterview?

I was wondering if we should take our lawyer with us to our interview on May 17th. Our case is completely clean, but as I had mentioned earlier my spouse and I are a bit worried given the fact we live on 2 separate coasts right now. We did not have family present at the wedding (2 of my friends were there), but that's b/c we plan to have a big reception next year (neither of us is interested in a big wedding and how hectic and $$ the whole thing is, just reception is fine though technically we belong to the same religion and what not ) when the spouse is done with grad school (part time program) and some more money is saved up b/w the 2 of us. We both work full time and have good salaries.

My spouse has met my sibling who lives in the US and we have pictures from that...has met my mother but we don't have pictures (don't ask, we just forgot...really not picture people and we didn't think at that time about this interview stuff and what not...it was a year ago). There are pictures of me with the spouse's parents somewhere from one of our many meetings...will put that in the file too.

I also wonder if we will be questioned about why we got married when we did and why no parents were present (the spouse's live on the other coast as well, mine are of course overseas, plus we are going to have a reception next year). I mean all this is a matter of personal choice and we are mature adults so I would think a dumb question like that would not come up but just being prepared.

Sorry about the long post...thanks in advance for any help.

question

I was wondering if we should take our lawyer with us to our interview on May 17th. Our case is completely clean, but as I had mentioned earlier my spouse and I are a bit worried given the fact we live on 2 separate coasts right now. We did not have family present at the wedding (2 of my friends were there), but that's b/c we plan to have a big reception next year (neither of us is interested in a big wedding and how hectic and $$ the whole thing is, just reception is fine though technically we belong to the same religion and what not ) when the spouse is done with grad school (part time program) and some more money is saved up b/w the 2 of us. We both work full time and have good salaries.

My spouse has met my sibling who lives in the US and we have pictures from that...has met my mother but we don't have pictures (don't ask, we just forgot...really not picture people and we didn't think at that time about this interview stuff and what not...it was a year ago). There are pictures of me with the spouse's parents somewhere from one of our many meetings...will put that in the file too.

I also wonder if we will be questioned about why we got married when we did and why no parents were present (the spouse's live on the other coast as well, mine are of course overseas, plus we are going to have a reception next year). I mean all this is a matter of personal choice and we are mature adults so I would think a dumb question like that would not come up but just being prepared.

Sorry about the long post...thanks in advance for any help.

Vaca, is your lawyer charging you hourly for the USCIS visit?
Even if he is, just take him with you since you have used his services so far
Case really looks easy to you, but, you will be asked who is going to move to where and when? Your case is much different than the common folks who live/work with their spouses in the same home :), city,state.
The IO can be actually suspicious that you are both working...no1 is a fulltime student , there's no restriction for you two to really live on two coasts....he might question the marriage intention. Maybe he will ask why one of you does not quit his jobs to be with the other...if you guys love each other so much...other than the benjamins($)
I have read about people who lived on seperate coasts..but 1 spouse was a fulltime student...they were asked for extra joint proof. I think I had copied that interview url in here.

Bottomline, take your lawyer, he might shield some unexpected questions that you 2 never dreamed of. After all, it's your GC and you are the trendsetter in this thread, we don't want you to be the fall guy , do we? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Vaca, is your lawyer charging you hourly for the USCIS visit?
Even if he is, just take him with you since you have used his services so far
Case really looks easy to you, but, you will be asked who is going to move to where and when? Your case is much different than the common folks who live/work with their spouses in the same home :), city,state.
The IO can be actually suspicious that you are both working...no1 is a fulltime student , there's no restriction for you two to really live on two coasts....he might question the marriage intention. Maybe he will ask why one of you does not quit his jobs to be with the other...if you guys love each other so much...other than the benjamins($)
I have read about people who lived on seperate coasts..but 1 spouse was a fulltime student...they were asked for extra joint proof. I think I had copied that interview url in here.

Bottomline, take your lawyer, he might shield some unexpected questions that you 2 never dreamed of. After all, it's your GC and you are the trendsetter in this thread, we don't want you to be the fall guy , do we? :)

Thanks kkboy for your response!! Your points are very valid and I have the same thoughts. I have emailed the law firm to check how much they charge , should hear back soon.
The only reason I am working where I am is my industry has most of the big companies in only 2-3 states in the country (other than here, the big place is TX, uhhhhh TX), and my spouse is in the middle of the graduate program so it is not possible to move where I am. There are many jobs in the area my spouse lives, but not necessarily one that fits my profile, but I mean I can find *a job*...also this job offer is the only I had out of college (luckily it was exactly what I wanted) and I have so much student loans to pay off that I could not afford to be picky either. :(
Anyway, enough ranting, I will call my lawyer right away to see how much they charge. I hope it's not too $$, the law firm is in SouthernCal, I am in NorthernCal.

Thanks again!

Lawyers are $$

Holy cow...my lawyer got back to me. The cost to accompany us to the interview is $5000!!!!!!!!! I am so worried now :-( I don't know why. I mean I come from a family of lawyers, so...haha...I could do a pretty decent job myself:p , but geez...:( :mad: :confused: :eek:

KKBoy,

As you said, I am the trendsetter for this thread....can I request $500 towards "help vaca100 fund" from each person who has posted on this thread :D
I mean my experience at the interview can be quite priceless for the rest of you :p

wow

dude, for 5000$ , I will accompany you and every1 on this thread for the interview (at your own risk). JK ! That's an overtly blown out price tag....ridiculous. Forget the lawyer....they are the modern version of vampires..in black coats...and they drink blood in daylight too. :mad: (no offense to any1)
Is the entire law office coming for the interview for $5000 ?????????? or just the freaking lawyer...insane !

Whatever you wrote to me in the earlier post sounds really genuine and it will work with the IO. About the job location/profile etc....I think you nailed it.

However, if asked,how will you convince the IO that you are going to be together *soon*?Any timeline...major life change event where some1 leaves his/her job to be with the other or something. I hope it doesn't come to this....and your joint proof makes him happy.

Btw, you wrote that wife is a grad student (while working)...maybe that's good enough. I thought you both are fulltime workers....sounds like not. Just tell the IO once she graduates...she's moving in with you here....he will be happy, won't he?

good luck, don't stress it too much. i will hunt for some interview experiences for similar cases and PM them to you, if I find any.

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW Vaca, which lawyer is this? I have a lawyer in SoCal (Los Angeles) also and he charged me $1,400 for everything, he prepared everything, sent everything, and is also coming to the interview with me. I am shocked!

dude, for 5000$ , I will accompany you and every1 on this thread for the interview (at your own risk). JK ! That's an overtly blown out price tag....ridiculous. Forget the lawyer....they are the modern version of vampires..in black coats...and they drink blood in daylight too. :mad: (no offense to any1)
Is the entire law office coming for the interview for $5000 ?????????? or just the freaking lawyer...insane !

Whatever you wrote to me in the earlier post sounds really genuine and it will work with the IO. About the job location/profile etc....I think you nailed it.

However, if asked,how will you convince the IO that you are going to be together *soon*?Any timeline...major life change event where some1 leaves his/her job to be with the other or something. I hope it doesn't come to this....and your joint proof makes him happy.

Btw, you wrote that wife is a grad student (while working)...maybe that's good enough. I thought you both are fulltime workers....sounds like not. Just tell the IO once she graduates...she's moving in with you here....he will be happy, won't he?

good luck, don't stress it too much. i will hunt for some interview experiences for similar cases and PM them to you, if I find any.

Yea I think it is 5k to basically to discourage you from taking their time away to go with you to the interview. I talked to our paralegal and she said our case is so clean she wouldn't worry. My spouse is in the middle of the graduate program while working full time, which is the reason moving where I am immediately is not possible.

Right now the plan is I will move there by end of this year. It has not even been a year since I have worked at my current company so if I were to leave today I would have to pay back relocation fees and all that. Too expensive...

Hey Vaca if you dont mind me asking, who is the lawyer down here in SoCal who wanted to charge you the $5000 fee?