March Filers, let's get together !!

~90 days is what they say. However, most folks have interviews within that timeframe, so EAD is cancelled at the interview itself.

T- 3 !!!!!!!!!!!!!

kkboy,

haha T-3 for me right?? Are you operating on my timeframe + 1week? :D

butterflies!!! My husband and I spent some time this weekend putting our stuff together, and asking each other "why did you decide to marry this person?" :p :p

hahaha

Vaca, u guessed it, teasing you ! You started this thread...months bak, u show us the way. I am also trying to whip up answers to weird questiions.

1 what was ur first gift for her ?

WTF..how do i remember that !!!!! ???!!!

Vaca, u guessed it, teasing you ! You started this thread...months bak, u show us the way. I am also trying to whip up answers to weird questiions.

1 what was ur first gift for her ?

WTF..how do i remember that !!!!! ???!!!

I wouldn't worry about that, I don't think they will ask that. But if they do, I would just say don't remember if you don't :)

Any last minute tips for my interview this Thursday will be appreciated!! Thanks!

here

am sure u have read thru the "interview collection" thread by now.

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=204308&page=9

latest post was recently added, the author has some tips. you shud be fine, it's a genuine marriage.

Btw, immihelp has a list of general questions that you shud just breeze thru, as sort of a preparation for any question that comes down the pineline.

http://www.immihelp.com/greencard/f...marriage-based-greencard-fraud-interview.html
Text from the same page on immihelp, am sure u have all of it --->

If you and your spouse are living separately because one of you is in school, bring school transcripts and copies of documents showing that you often call or visit one another.

I know the list is huge..but just fyi. Go, get the card !

Last edited by a moderator:
Pending Notice

Hello All,

I submitted an I-130 in April for my foreign spouse. Anyone have an idea how long before I receive a notice or receipt in the mail? Im not sure if it takes the 8 months from when they received it that is stated on the website for them to begin processing US citizens petitions for foreign spouses or immediate family. I thought there was no wait for immediate family members. I appreciate any guidance or response :eek:

13 April - Mailed I-130 to California Service Center
24 April - Rcvd petition
27 April - Cashed check

Guys guess what? I GOT MY INTERVIEW NOTICE TODAY BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I ALREADY DID A DANCE AT MY HOUSE LOL

Hello All,

I submitted an I-130 in April for my foreign spouse. Anyone have an idea how long before I receive a notice or receipt in the mail? Im not sure if it takes the 8 months from when they received it that is stated on the website for them to begin processing US citizens petitions for foreign spouses or immediate family. I thought there was no wait for immediate family members. I appreciate any guidance or response :eek:

You had said you mailed it to california and not the chicago lock box? That may be a problem depending. Most people receive a receipt notice within 1-2 weeks.

well

You had said you mailed it to california and not the chicago lock box? That may be a problem depending. Most people receive a receipt notice within 1-2 weeks.

This is the march thread,she shud be posting outside of it to get some valuable advice. However, I can give some pearls of wisdom right here.

CSC is correct, flower, this person has not filed 485 yet. This is a foreign spouse , not a US spouse. Seems like checks were cashed and ND was received. JIJI, are u talking bout approval notice or what ? It can take any length of time , usually under 8 months for the approval for I130, then u will be sent a package to fwd to your spouse with I864 etc. Hang in there, enjoy the ride.

Everyone in here has gotten their interview notice but me :( lol. Ah well, I had an RFE.

The odd thing about my RFE was (i just checked) and our affidavit of support we sent was still valid according to the expiry date on it and they asked us for a new one. Water under the bridge I suppose.

form date?

Everyone in here has gotten their interview notice but me :( lol. Ah well, I had an RFE.

The odd thing about my RFE was (i just checked) and our affidavit of support we sent was still valid according to the expiry date on it and they asked us for a new one. Water under the bridge I suppose.

u mean the form date , flower? Mine was 10/31/07 expiry date....was accepted. Weird...how USCIS works....moody/cranky front desk employees, i guess.

u mean the form date , flower? Mine was 10/31/07 expiry date....was accepted. Weird...how USCIS works....moody/cranky front desk employees, i guess.

Yea exactly, it wasn't an "old version" of the form as they said in the RFE. I hadn't submitted the medical yet so I was expecting the RFE for that anyway the affidavit was just a "bonus". We didnt submit all of the tax info and pay stubs again, just the form.

am sure u have read thru the "interview collection" thread by now.

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=204308&page=9

latest post was recently added, the author has some tips. you shud be fine, it's a genuine marriage.

Btw, immihelp has a list of general questions that you shud just breeze thru, as sort of a preparation for any question that comes down the pineline.

http://www.immihelp.com/greencard/f...marriage-based-greencard-fraud-interview.html
Text from the same page on immihelp, am sure u have all of it --->

If you and your spouse are living separately because one of you is in school, bring school transcripts and copies of documents showing that you often call or visit one another.

I know the list is huge..but just fyi. Go, get the card !

Thanks a lot kkboy!
Today and tomorrow will involve last minute stuff, other than that, I am looking forward to my day off on Thursday after the interview!

Finally an Update on my 765...almost after 7 weeks though....but still the status says case recieved and pending...
Any guesses as to what might be going on with my EAD or when can i expect to recieve it.

My Timeline
Filed I130, I485 and I765:1 March, 2007
Recieved notice: 8th March 2008
FP notice: 14th March 2007
FP done: 22nd March 2007
Last Update for I485: 26th March 2007
Last update for I130: 17th March 2007
Last Update for 765: 15th May 2007

Still waiting for the Green!

I got an update on my I485 yesterday. Before that, the LUD of both my I765 and I485 were 4/14, which is after my finger print. I already received my interview notice almost a month ago, which is scheduled on 6/19. Really don't know what the yesterday's I485 LUD means. Any input? Hope not a REF.

Hey RWDW...i really dont think that they would call you for interview without having all the documents...if they wanted to send an RFE they would do so before the interview. The first thing USCIS does is to check for the completeness of the application...just go prepared with all the possible docs to the interview.
GL

I got an update on my I485 yesterday. Before that, the LUD of both my I765 and I485 were 4/14, which is after my finger print. I already received my interview notice almost a month ago, which is scheduled on 6/19. Really don't know what the yesterday's I485 LUD means. Any input? Hope not a REF.

No, you are not the only person has not got an interview notice.

My DO is Boston, MA, my package was sent 2 weeks earlier than yours, and I have not got any interview notice yet, no RFE as well.

Just hope my EAD can quickly come... God help me!

vaca

what time is ur interview tomorrow ? hopefully u get approved right there...no namechek stuff..crap. let us know how it goes ...go early..chek the car tire pressure n all..b safe, good luck !

what time is ur interview tomorrow ? hopefully u get approved right there...no namechek stuff..crap. let us know how it goes ...go early..chek the car tire pressure n all..b safe, good luck !

Thanks a lot kkboy! My interview is at 2pm PST. I will leave work around 11, get lunch, etc. and go to the office around 1-1:30.
Last night was soo strange. My heart was beating more rapidly than usual and it took forever to fall sleep. I am assuming most of it had to do with being slightly under the weather, but subconsciously could have been due to anxiety/excitement about tomorrow.

I will post a message tomorrow to let you all know how it goes.