March Filers, let's get together !!

Thanks Cart

My guess was right and New orleans is my DO, but i dont understand how the DO comes into picture in the GC processing as my case is being processed at the Missouri NBC. Do i have to go for my interview there?
The priority dates for th I765 is the same for the NBC and the New orleans office. Can someone explain as to what processing does the DO do in the whole process. Thanks

My district office is Chicago, IL

I just received my interview notice on Saturday, which scheduled on 6/19. Two months to go. Hopefully my background check will be done by that time.

Good Luck everyone!

RWDW,
we're on the exact same time line - what is your district office?
Thanks!

My guess was right and New orleans is my DO, but i dont understand how the DO comes into picture in the GC processing as my case is being processed at the Missouri NBC. Do i have to go for my interview there?
The priority dates for th I765 is the same for the NBC and the New orleans office. Can someone explain as to what processing does the DO do in the whole process. Thanks

The DO processes the I-485/AOS application
The NBC processes the EAD

So look at the priority dates appropriately.

real vs. official timelines

Thank you RWDW! And congratulations on your interview date! I'm finding out that the processing dates on the official website are very inaccurate - for instance yours is "officially" processing applications only from September!!! This gives me hope, because they said that my office's timeline for travel permits is 3 months delayed but given your experience it might be sooner. I really don't understand how this works.

My district office is Chicago, IL

I just received my interview notice on Saturday, which scheduled on 6/19. Two months to go. Hopefully my background check will be done by that time.

Good Luck everyone!

Yes, I found the same situation before. According to the processing time posted on CIS website, usually it takes 6 months for this type of AOS. But actually some friends got their green cards immedidately after the interview, which is about 3-4 months.

Thank you RWDW! And congratulations on your interview date! I'm finding out that the processing dates on the official website are very inaccurate - for instance yours is "officially" processing applications only from September!!! This gives me hope, because they said that my office's timeline for travel permits is 3 months delayed but given your experience it might be sooner. I really don't understand how this works.

interview notice

hey!
just checked the mail and got my interview notice - very exciting - if all goes well, my travel and other life plans will be made sooo much easier. So I guess it's about time I post my timeline. For everyone still waiting: the process may go faster than you thought - so just be patient and keep checking the mail. The weird thing about my I485 was that I just called the customer service line today (before mail arrived) and the lady I spoke with, while otherwise competent and knowledgeable, said absolutely nothing about my interview invitation being on the way... To be fair, though, the online status of my I-485 had not changed (just the other forms). like I said, I really have no idea how they function. It got me an interview, though, so no complaints ;)

F-1 married USC (summer 2006)
DO Buffalo, NY
March 15 RD (I-485, I-765, I-130, I-131)
March 21 ND (all forms)
March 23 Checks cashed
March 31 FP invite
April 6 LUD (I-765, I-130, I-131)
April 9 ND I-485
April 13 FP done
April 16 Interview invite in the mail :D
May 21 Interview scheduled (to complete AOS)

Yes, I found the same situation before. According to the processing time posted on CIS website, usually it takes 6 months for this type of AOS. But actually some friends got their green cards immedidately after the interview, which is about 3-4 months.

Hey all I finally received the FP letter today. Postage on April 4th 2007 with a notice date 4/02/2007, now explaining the LUD I got on 4/03/2007.

My FP for both apps are on 4/19, first thing in the morning.

Hey guys I got my Notice of Action for my FP today! Code 3.

The only wierd thing is that were it says "Social Security Number" its left blank, but I do have a SSN.

Another thing is, what does TCR mean? There is a box were it says that and it is also left blank.

Anyways, I am very happy because I got my FP notice so soon after getting my receipts.

I have to go May 3rd at 9am!

Last edited by a moderator:

The only wierd thing is that were it says "Social Security Number" its left blank, but I do have a SSN.

Another thing is, what does TCR mean? There is a box were it says that and it is also left blank.

Anyways, I am very happy because I got my FP notice so soon after getting my receipts.

I have to go May 5th at 9am!

Wow, that's good news! Mine was file a couple of days earlier than urs and I'm still waiting. Proves to show that timelines are indeed DO driven. Hope ur on the fast track for immediate GC approval.

I have to go May 5th at 9am!

Espoman,

I checked my FP notice and even though I have a SSN as well that box is left blank as is TCR (whatever that means). I am assuming this is standard and would not worry about it.

Espoman,

I checked my FP notice and even though I have a SSN as well that box is left blank as is TCR (whatever that means). I am assuming this is standard and would not worry about it.
Ok cool, thanks. What is your timeline like by the way?

Finally got the FP notice for wife...

Details in signature. Vaca, question for you, what is the Last updated date showing for your I130 after you recvd your FP notice?
I see that there was a LUD of 04/16/07 on my wife's case (only I130)...hopefully that fires off an interview notice.
Let me know, thx !!

PS: Soc Sec number is blank in my Notice too...must be security feature...no worries.

Details in signature. Vaca, question for you, what is the Last updated date showing for your I130 after you recvd your FP notice?
I see that there was a LUD of 04/16/07 on my wife's case (only I130)...hopefully that fires off an interview notice.
Let me know, thx !!

PS: Soc Sec number is blank in my Notice too...must be security feature...no worries.

The LUD is 4/6/07, I can't remember when it was updated wrt to when I received the FP letter, but I received it around 4/6 as well. Just my guess, if your I-130 has an LUD, your interview letter maybe on it's way. Good Luck...

Whats hapening March Filers....no more updates?
Mine are stuck on the 26th March, has my FP done on 22ns march. Anyone with anymore news about their EAD status?