Mar/Apr 2003 Tracker

sunks said:
Hi mxc,
Did you give any specific reason for getting it done earlier and did they ask for any evidence for that reason. I have my 2nd FP scheduled for 1st week of Dec and was thinking of possibility of early FP. May be yo can throw more light with your experience. Thanks.
PD : 07/01, ND : 03/03, 1st FP : 05/03, 2nd FP scheduled for 12/04.

No, I didn't give any reason. This is what I did. Just walked in, said hello and when the customer service rep asked me how she can help me, just said "I'm here for my fingerprinting". She took the papers (mine and my wife's), asked for a photo id. She looked at them and gave us a sheet to fill out. We filled the sheets out, went back to her, she gave us numbers and asked us to wait. Our numbers were called, gave the FP, walked out happy. I didn't mention a word about the date, remember I was also not asked anything. I did realize that there was another guy that just did the same thing. He and his wife were sitting right behind us and the wife asked her husband if there was anything about the date and he said no. They spoke the same language as I did that's how I could understand (I didn't mean to eavesdrop, but they were so close behind us, unless I plugged my ears there was no way, I could not have heard). So I guess this isn't uncommon. Don't say what you were not asked, get it done and walk out!

mxc said:
Is it June 03 or 04. If it is 03 you should be getting your FP2 notice now as your FP1 must have expired. I did my FP1 in May 03 and got my FP2 notice last week.

mxc,
I did not indicate the year. My first FP was done pretty late in June 04 inspite of filing 485 in Mar 03. So, hopefully I am done with the FP cycles unless USCIS thinks it is mandatory to have 2 FPs before approval :rolleyes:

jahanpanah said:
mxc,
I did not indicate the year. My first FP was done pretty late in June 04 inspite of filing 485 in Mar 03. So, hopefully I am done with the FP cycles unless USCIS thinks it is mandatory to have 2 FPs before approval :rolleyes:

2 FPs are not mandatory, 2nd FP is a result of the extraordinary delay in processing 485's these days as FP I believe is valid only for 15 months. It used be back then, where 485's used to be processed in 8 months and FP was a sign that approval is in sight, approval used to happen within a month of FP, so when I told my friends that I got my FP back in 05/2003, they said congratulations, obviously those guys are out of touch with today's immigration world.

2 nd FP succesfully completed before the scheduled date

Hello all,
We waited for 4 hours today and succesfully completed our 2nd FP's before the scheduled date of 12/23/04. First the FP person said they cannot take us as they are swamped today with FP cases. We showed them the Airline tickets and requested that we can wait until they finish the scheduled FP's. Atleast someone in INS/BCIS is customer oriented and unterstood us and took our FP's.
Will post if anything happens in next 30 - 40 days?

what happens if I485 is approved when we are in india??

I checked with FBI for my FP2 results. They confirmed that they got the results of the FP on the same day (11/10/04) I gave them at the application support center and was returned to USCIS the same day. My name check is done, FP2 is done. So it is only a waiting game now.

PS There is no update on the case status online or LUD.

got FP2 notice today

GOt FP2 notice in mail for dependent + I - scheduled for 12/28/04.
My RD is 3/21/03. Hopefully this is a good sign. My LUD and online message have never changed from day 1...

I am in EB2 category.

Last edited by a moderator:
stillanalien said:
GOt FP2 notice in mail for dependent + I - scheduled for 12/28/04.
My RD is 3/21/03. Hopefully this is a good sign. My LUD and online message have never changed from day 1...

Are you in EB3?

Thanks.

Mar 2003 applicants have started getting approval now.
Good News!! At least some of us would reap the benefit.

Just curious, anyone know why the application volumes
for Feb and Mar 2003 were so high compared to other
months in 2003. Its almost 2-4 K or more higher than most.

Rfe

My I485 was applied on May 2, 2003 and it seems they issued an RFE yesterday. Any idea what the RFE could be about? FP2?

Do they issue an RFE for FP2?

SDD

Last edited by a moderator:
Done FP2 early

My wife and i done our FP2 early on 11/17/2004 at Denver ASC. Officer look at our fingerprint notice and asked us if we want to do it today. We said "YES".

LUD did not change since the first day. "We received your application......", not even after the FP1 on 06/2003 for both of us.

Will check with FBI on name check & fingerprint.

Labor PD : 12/23/2001 AD: 01/21/2003
Concurrent I-140/I-485/EB3
I-140 ND: 04/23/2003 AD: 08/18/2003
I-485 ND: 04/23/2003 AD: ?????
EAD1/AP1 ND: 04/2003 AD: 08/2003
EAD2/AP2 ND: 04/2004 AD: 06/2004
FP1 done 06/2003
FP2 done 11/17/2004

FP and Namecheck??

Hi,

How do I check about FBI Fingerprints and Name check. Could somebody post the information.

Thanks.

I am also NSC April/2003

Hi,

I am also NSC April 2003 filer.

I485 - 04/2003.
FP1 - 07/2003.
FP2 - 11/2004.
Approval Date - ????

Is this an RFE? APR03 Filer

My 485 online status changed from the original "we have received application on April 09, 2003 and it is taking 570 to 600 days..." to the following.

On November 19, 2004, we responded to your request for more information concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

1. What does the above update mean? Is this an RFE?
2. I have called NSC 1-800 number and updated my address on NOV 16 2004, is the LUD stuatus change due to address change?
3. On the same day NOV 16 2004, FP2 were given. Is the LUD status change due to FP2?

Gurus, please enlighten...
Thanks,
BRY2004

I was wondering how to activate this thread again as it appeared to have lost people's interest :)

Here is something good....Seems like RFE for my case is in the mail. The online
status for 485 says an RFE has been issued...details unavailable...would know in a week or so.....but I am pretty sure it is for birth certificate....

485 RD/ND Mar 25, 2003
I140 RD/ND Jan 03, AD Apr 03
FP1 JUN 04
EB2

It's been 19 days since I did my FP2, still there is no update in online message or LUD. I checked with FBI and they gave the 'usual' answer - completed and sent to USCIS the same day. This is frustrating! When will this (melo)drama end? I know no one can answer this question, it is just to myself.

Received an RFE on some #%$ vaccination not done due to shortage which apparently is not in shortage right now. Does this mean they are reviewing my file?
sdd

I485 filed 5/2/03