LUD on Approved I-140

Guys,

I noticed a LUD on my approved I-140 on 7/28/07. I have no idea why this has been touched b'cos I already got my I-131 Approved on 7/10 and the I-765 approved on 7/26.

It's very difficult to understand the way it works, there should be some thing for them to go back and open the approved I-140. Please reply if you guys can think of any thing.

MY PD IS 4/2003
BUT MY I-485 RD IS 5/23/07

I think they initiated some process like a NameCheck or something(obviously guessing). It appears that way now, because old cases and the new cases are experiencing this pehnomenon.

Same here:
I've got LUD on approved I-140 on 07/28/2007 same as for both mine and wife first I-131. Recently applied for new EAD for my wife and for I-131 for both of us. Their LUD still without any changes.
Will see what's going on...

Last edited by a moderator:
I am guessing, these updates are only for those individuals whose I-485 is pending but primary or derivate 485 is approved. So, probably they are trying to link derivative status to primary 140 approval so they can either adjudicate(if numbers available) or pre-adjudicate I-485. They might be checking I-131 to determine status and last entry to US.

I am guessing, these updates are only for those individuals whose I-485 is pending but primary or derivate 485 is approved. So, probably they are trying to link derivative status to primary 140 approval so they can either adjudicate(if numbers available) or pre-adjudicate I-485. They might be checking I-131 to determine status and last entry to US.

in my case no one got 485 approval but still i saw lud changed for my approved 140 and last year's AP

OK, here is an update..
LUDs on my casses (I dont know if there were any LUDs, before I checked)-

7/14/07 - 1st H1B with the GC sponsoring employer

7/22/07 - 2nd H1B, I140, I131/AP (old/1st).

7/23/07 - per IO, 2nd BIO notice sent out (scheduled on 8/07/07), received today 7/30/07 (postmarked 07/27)

7/24/07 - per IO, RFE sent out.

7/25, 7/26/07 - LUDs on I485, no change in message

waiting on RFE..

In my case both mine and my wife's I-485 are pending... So looks like they just need some info from old forms. I'm not believe that it means that my namecheck is over and they prepeared our cases for final approve. But, anyway, will see soon. Will keep you updated as something will changed.

Observation.

Hi,

I browsed through this thread and found out the following pattern.

1. LUDs were on 07/07, 07/14, 07/22, and 07/28. All were on weekends.
2. Those who received LUD on 7/7 almost all have RD in 2004.
3. Those who received LUD on 7/14 & 7/22 mostly have RD in 2005. But less cases.
4. Those who received LUD on 7/28 almost all have RD in 2006.

Here are my observations. If estimate waiting time for a case ready for approval is 45~60 days, then cases need to be marked ready for approval by no later than 8/15. My theory is that these LUDs are actually junior IOs' action of marking ready for approval and request for visa number.

Since USCIS is trying to use all 140,000 annual quota, it is very likely that those junior IOs are working over weekend to make ready for senior IOs to make final adjudication. I hope my theory is correct. But who knows.

a small correction..

I have LUDs on 485 on weekdays (07/25, 07/26). I also have LUDs on H1B on 07/14 (2005), 07/22 (2006).

Other than that your theory about "making it ready" makes sense to me.

Hi,

3. Those who received LUD on 7/14 & 7/22 mostly have RD in 2005. But less cases.

Here are my observations. If estimate waiting time for a case ready for approval is 45~60 days, then cases need to be marked ready for approval by no later than 8/15. My theory is that these LUDs are actually junior IOs' action of marking ready for apprval and request for visa number.

Since USCIS is trying to use all 140,000 anual quota, it is very likely that those junior IOs are working over weekend to make ready for senior IOs to make final adjudication. I hope my theory is correct. But who knows.

LUD on 07/30 and also received email on RFE

There was a LUD on my pending I-485 and AP today and also received an email from CRIS that an RFE is sent for my case.

Also had an LUD on approved I-140 on 07/28.

Did any of those who received FP request after LUD on I-485 received an RFE email too?

In other words, would an RFE be sent for FP request?

LUD on I-140 7/10. Then couple of LUDs for i-485 (only primary) last one on 7/26. Received 2nd FP notice today (both primary and dependent). NC results received early May 2007 for primary, Feb. 2006 for dependent.

Vitale,

I think you will be approved within days after your FP's. You, in fact, are in a very good situation. Hope I am correct and you'll be free :)

Vitale,

I think you will be approved within days after your FP's. You, in fact, are in a very good situation. Hope I am correct and you'll be free :)

I hope you are right. I also hope we are all going to get GC soon.
I know from my personal experience how many life decisions, missed opportunities and day to day hustles this whole process brings to every single person here. If there is "earned" notion in life, this "earned" is behind every post here.

LUD on 485 today

I saw a LUD today 7/30 on both my and spouse 485 after LUD on I-140 and I-131 on 7/22 any one with same situtation? if so what happened? both our FP are current but medical may be 17 months old....finger crossed

Good sign for all of us. I had same date LUD on approved I140, but still no LUD on pending I485 though mine is RD:01/2006 same category as yours.

As far as I know there is no such a thing as expiration date for medicals.

Hope we hear good news for you

interesting....your name check cleared? I have a lud in my 140/131 as well.....but I am in name check as per texas io/infopass a few weeks ago.

gud luck!

I saw a LUD today 7/30 on both my and spouse 485 after LUD on I-140 and I-131 on 7/22 any one with same situtation? if so what happened? both our FP are current but medical may be 17 months old....finger crossed

Hi,

Here are my observations. If estimate waiting time for a case ready for approval is 45~60 days, then cases need to be marked ready for approval by no later than 8/15. My theory is that these LUDs are actually junior IOs' action of marking ready for approval and request for visa number.

Since USCIS is trying to use all 140,000 annual quota, it is very likely that those junior IOs are working over weekend to make ready for senior IOs to make final adjudication. I hope my theory is correct. But who knows.

Noticed LUD of 7/28 on my approved 140. I guess no one knows why they are touching old cases. I have noticed several theories so far, but nothing conclusive.

Reason # 1: Before they give out interim benefits (such as EAD, AP), they are looking into old stuff - seems good reasoning.

Reason # 2: They are archiving old stuff, hence making sure they have scanned each and every case - hard to believe, but who knows :)

Reason # 3: They are actively working on adjudicate these cases so they they can utilize all of the visas given to them by DOS - Too good to be true :)

Please add to the list if I missed out anything.

Has anyone checked this out with TSC IO during your recent phone calls?

Just received my card production email for 2nd EAD. It would seem that my LUDs on previously approved I129 and I140 were related to this.

So GCkaIntezar's Reason #1 seems appropriate for me. :)( I was hoping for Reason #3 / Bystander6's theory.)

I don't know about name check!

Well the SR I had last year said I had some security check pending and did not say anything about NC. This year May I had lud on 485 and As per IO couple of weeks back all was clear. so hope something positive comes today :). Could not sleep all night :eek:

interesting....your name check cleared? I have a lud in my 140/131 as well.....but I am in name check as per texas io/infopass a few weeks ago.

gud luck!