Los Angeles, CA - N-400 Timeline

Congratulations. Amazing isn't it? I was gone less than that but for reasons similar to yours (my mom's health) and the IO just hammered me about being out of the country at all.

Did you oppose the officer or defend yourself backed by documents? If so, what did you show and what was his/her reaction.

selective service registration only applies if you were between the ages of 18 and 26 when you got your green card.
:D

One more condition: you must be in valid non-immigrant status. Otherwise, you still need to register even if you are out of status

still wondering how many years of tax return i should bring? can anyone give me a heads up? thanks! IL states that spouse's birth certificate is required, well....My husband can only find the copy, is it okay to bring his passport?
thanks again.
PS: I have an interview on Jan.12th, according to all i've read, i am starting to worry about the oath date now.....sigh....

Thanks Sirch,
I tried calling the 800 # to USCIS but did not get any live operator or IO on line. Which # did you call?
Thanks

Thanks Sirch,
I tried calling the 800 # to USCIS but did not get any live operator or IO on line. Which # did you call?
Thanks

You may call Customer Service at 1-800-375-5283 then press 1, 2, and then 3. Just explain that you want to check if an Oath letter was mailed and got lost. Then while you have her on the line, you can ask when you will have your oath if a letter was not mailed out yet. Who knows that person is a bearer of good news. Good luck!

Recently filed N-400

After having these forums as a major support group through the gc process, it is nice to be back at these forums and see people supporting each other thru the process

Just filed mine N-400

still wondering how many years of tax return i should bring? can anyone give me a heads up? thanks! IL states that spouse's birth certificate is required, well....My husband can only find the copy, is it okay to bring his passport?
thanks again.
PS: I have an interview on Jan.12th, according to all i've read, i am starting to worry about the oath date now.....sigh....

Why are you worrying about the oath date? :confused:

If your husband is US born, then getting the birth certificate is not going to be that hard. You have enough time till your interview date to get the birth certificate.

Ideally you should bring the past 5 years of tax return. Go to the main citizenship section and browse the thread about how to obtain that document.

sirch320 did you get the IO to tell you if your oath letter has been sent out? I don't think I will get the 12/19 date considering how many people the LA DO office processes each day.

Last edited by a moderator:
My case is, After AOS Interview, IO has cancelled(without prejudice) H1B/H4B and mentioned that we are on Intent Immigrant status, hence we dont need it.
My EAD/Advance Payrole are expired. What is my current status? What are my options for renewing EAD and Advance Payrole, is it safe to do so at this stage or should I wait for GC. I am working on H1B and continue to plan to do so with same employer

sirch320 did you get the IO to tell you if your oath letter has been sent out? I don't think I will get the 12/19 date considering how many people the LA DO office processes each day.

Hi beacon29!

My oath letter was not sent out yet per my phone con with customer service representative the other day. I have made an Infopass for next Thursday but I think it's just a waste of time because if sunland 21 who was interviewed on 11/12/08 has not received his oath letter yet, my receiving it would be very unlikely. I guess I'll just enjoy the holidays and stop worrying about the oath letter for now.

Happy holidays to everyone!!!

Case number

My case number is NBC*000002---

I thought case numbers were WAC - But I guess that for N-400 the rules are different

My case number is NBC*000002---

I thought case numbers were WAC - But I guess that for N-400 the rules are different

This is just my guess: it might be because your application was processed at the National Benefits Center that's why you have NBC on your receipt notice.

Case number

I do remember my application being redirected by the post office, But I had no clue that they were sending it from the Laguna Niguel address in La to the NBC.

I am a resident of AZ and hence was supposed to mail my application to LA.

This is a new learning curve..
Also Currently I cannot see my details online..

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi beacon29!

My oath letter was not sent out yet per my phone con with customer service representative the other day. I have made an Infopass for next Thursday but I think it's just a waste of time because if sunland 21 who was interviewed on 11/12/08 has not received his oath letter yet, my receiving it would be very unlikely. I guess I'll just enjoy the holidays and stop worrying about the oath letter for now.

Happy holidays to everyone!!!

sirch320,

I scheduled an infopass for tomorrow but ended up canceling it. I'm just gonna go ahead and wait it out though the holidays and hopefully our names come up for next month! How did you get the customer service rep to tell you if your oath letter was sent out or not. I tried calling but they cannot even tell me that information!:confused:

sirch320,

I scheduled an infopass for tomorrow but ended up canceling it. I'm just gonna go ahead and wait it out though the holidays and hopefully our names come up for next month! How did you get the customer service rep to tell you if your oath letter was sent out or not. I tried calling but they cannot even tell me that information!:confused:

I just told the CSR that I'm afraid that an oath letter was mailed and got lost. I said that I would not want to miss my oath ceremony.

I was wondering if it's a good idea to go to the oath ceremony and check there if you were actually scheduled for the oath but did not receive an oath letter. There will only be two ceremonies next Friday at the LACC. It's one day's worth of hassle if one's not scheduled but it will be worth it if one actually was but did not receive the oath letter. Just something to think about...

I should also post here. Here is my status

Updated - FP done
DO: Los Angeles
N400 based on 5 yr - 3months

11/15/08 : N-400 Mailed to CSC
11/16/08 : N-400 Recd. by CSC
11/17/08: Check Cashed
11/17/08 : Received Date
11/17/08 : Priority Date
11/19/08 : Notice Date
11/22/08 : I797C NOA Received: Transferred to NBC (425 Days)
12/03/08: FP Notice of 11/28/2008
12/09/2009: FP completed scheduled for 3 PM arrived at 2:45 pm completed in 20 minutes by 3:05 pm I was out
??: IL
??: IL
??: OL
??: OD