Los Angeles, CA - N-400 Timeline

Folks,
I have also received my oath letter for the ceremony on Dec 19th.

Congrats to all the rest of you...

Congratulations, iluvfra! I wonder if there are others who were interviewed after 11/12/08 who got the Oath letter too. I'm still hopeful.

I had my interview today at san bernardino office, everything went smooth and the IO was very nice. I was worried because I had to spend 7 months out of the country this year (5 1/2 months and 2 months) I told her the reason was because my father's illness and she said that was a good reason because family comes first, that was very nice of her. she asked me about my marriage certificate, my son's birth certificate and also my husband's certificate of divorce because he was married before. thanks to all of you because of what I read here I took all the documents with me even if they did not asked for them. At the end of the interview she gave me the documetn that shows I passed the interview and also told me to wait for my oath ceremony between 1 and 2 months.

may 28,08 - PD,- check cashed, WSC*002 15 XXXX
june 05,08 - FP letter
june 20, 08 - FP done
aug 18, 08- IL
oct 29, 08- ID

Hi maclara! Did you receive your oath letter? If yes, when did you receive it and for what schedule?

congratulations about Oath Letters, everyone who received them!

seems like after Dec 19 there will be nobody left in this thread, because LA DO is working fast and people don't go to forums unless there is problem.

Dear LA people, especially those who are mostly reading forum without writing - could you please put your timelines in your forum signatures ? (there is a link in my signature to your forum settings) or you can just write it here as new message.

Even if you remember it approximately, it's still a big help for the rest of us who are waiting. Thank you!

passport

Hi Everybody,

I've been checking this forum for about a year now, but will have to say good bye very soon. I got my passport today (in only 8 days, after applying at the oath ceremony), so my journey is over.

Let's hope there will be less and less people coming here with complaints, meaning that applications will be processed faster. For those of you still waiting, I wish you good luck.

03/06/08: MD, CA CSC
03/08/08: Appl. Rc'd
03/10/08: PD
03/12/08: CC
03/19/08: PN Rc'd
03/21/08: FP Notice Rc'd
04/01/08: FP Date
08/23/08: IL Rc’d
10/15/08: Int. Date (downtown Los Angeles) Passed!
10/24/08: N. Oath (N445)
11/21/08: Oath Ceremony Date
11/21/08: PP Appl.
11/29/08: PP Rc'd

Does anyone know if changing name at the time of interview would delay the process or not? My Interview date is on the 9th and I want to make changes in my name.

congratulations on those who received their oath letters.

i'm kinda bummed since i haven't received mine yet. what may be the hold-up, i don't know....

you guys think i should call infopass?

hey I got my oath letter on the 21st, It seems finally I'm geeting over with this.

may 28,08 - PD,- check cashed, WSC*002 15 XXXX
june 05,08 - FP letter
june 20, 08 - FP done
aug 18, 08- IL
oct 29, 08- ID
nov 21, 08 - OL
Dec 19, 08 - OC

congratulations on those who received their oath letters.

i'm kinda bummed since i haven't received mine yet. what may be the hold-up, i don't know....

you guys think i should call infopass?

Sunland21, it looks like an Infopass would be a good idea in your case to make sure that your oath letter was not lost in the mail.

From what I see on the recent postings in this thread, it seems to me that oath letters were generated on 11/19/08 for those who were interviewed from the third week of October to the second week of November which completed the 12,000 seats available on 12/19/08. I wonder if that is a correct observation. Anyone has an idea as to how many times USCIS LA generates oath letters each month?

If USCIS generates oath letters only once a month, it then becomes clear that I will not be having my oath on 12/19/08.

Dear Friends,

A good friend of mine was interviewed at the LA DO about three (3) months ago. A decision was not made time at that time due to the fact that he forgot to bring his children's (both natural born US citizens) birth certificates. He promptly sumbitted the documents via mail and hasn't heard anything since. That was approximately 90 days ago... His wife was interviewed at the same time and has already taken her oath.

What actions should be taken?

Thank you for your advise.

Dear friends,
First I would like to thank all of you who have contributed to this forum. All of the information has been very helpful and that you have kept me company all along. I finally passed my interview on 12/1/08 and the interview itself was only 15-20 minutes but I waited 2.5 hours to be called. the officer just told me to wait for oath letter so I suppose I should be receiving it soon (I hope).
Good Luck to those who are still waiting, don't worry. The Day will come :)

Questions:

Things to bring for interview, among all the lists, there's one called " selective service registration" Does anyone know what it is?
Thanks for reply

Does anyone know if changing name at the time of interview would delay the process or not? My Interview date is on the 9th and I want to make changes in my name.

hi beacon! i change my name at the time of interview 10/28.
and i am now scheduled for oath taking on 12/19.

so i don't think it's going to delay any process.

Questions:

Things to bring for interview, among all the lists, there's one called " selective service registration" Does anyone know what it is?
Thanks for reply

No, I don't know what Selective Service Registration is nor I think anyone knows about it. We never heard of it....

No, I don't know what Selective Service Registration is nor I think anyone knows about it. We never heard of it....

selective service registration only applies if you were between the ages of 18 and 26 when you got your green card.

nflores thanks for the heads up. My interview is in 4 days. Getting very jittery :D