Los Angeles, CA - N-400 Timeline

No, I don't know what Selective Service Registration is nor I think anyone knows about it. We never heard of it....

You must have missed the sarcasm in JohnnyCash's reply to a question whose answer is readily available and has been covered ad nauseum on this forum :D

You must have missed the sarcasm in JohnnyCash's reply to a question whose answer is readily available and has been covered ad nauseum on this forum :D

So you are saying that people know about this selective service registration and are not talking about it :eek: :p

Hmm, the he could simply 'google' the defintion and save himself some time... I don't know how anyone could miss Johnny's sarcasm... well, I guess it's possible... :)

selective service registration only applies if you were between the ages of 18 and 26 when you got your green card.

nflores thanks for the heads up. My interview is in 4 days. Getting very jittery :D

Thank you, Sir, for letting me know about Selective Service Registration. Just wondering if you are sure that the requirements to be registered for Selective Service ONLY applies to men between the ages of 18 and 26 WHEN THEY GOT THEIR THEIR CARD as you say??

waiting for oath letter

My N-400 Timeline (Marriage-based):
Service Center: California Service Center
District Office: Los Angeles
03/25/08 - Priority Date
09/12/08 - Fingerprinting
09/19/08 - Interview: Passed
XX/XX/XX - Oath Letter
XX/XX/XX - Oath ceremony

Did you try making an Infopass so you can check with a live person at USCIS the status of your case?

My N-400 Timeline (Marriage-based):
Service Center: California Service Center
District Office: Los Angeles
03/25/08 - Priority Date
09/12/08 - Fingerprinting
09/19/08 - Interview: Passed
XX/XX/XX - Oath Letter
XX/XX/XX - Oath ceremony

Info Pass

Hello
On November 5th, I got chance to talk with my the immigration officer. She told me that she is still waitng for final approval from her supervisor. She told me that i should expect my oath in Jan/Feb 2009 :confused:

Lets see:eek:

Hi all.
Can anyone descibe the parking experience @ the convention center especially for those who will be attending the afternoon session.I have an oath ceremony on the 19th by 1pm.

Thank you, Sir, for letting me know about Selective Service Registration. Just wondering if you are sure that the requirements to be registered for Selective Service ONLY applies to men between the ages of 18 and 26 WHEN THEY GOT THEIR THEIR CARD as you say??

No problem man anytime. I prepared the answer to your question and put it on a special webpage. Here is how to get it. Go to google. Type in Selective Service Registration and you will get the webpage.

Let me know if this is too confusing for you. I can dumb it down even more for you.

Interview experience with continuous residence issues

A lot of people usually discourage people with continuous residency issues ( made trips over 6 months or so or made multiple trips totalling close to 2.5 years) to even apply. I say if you have valid reasons, please do not hesitate to try. The worst thing that can come out of it is a NO.

Read my whole interview story below.

http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=290021

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations. Amazing isn't it? I was gone less than that but for reasons similar to yours (my mom's health) and the IO just hammered me about being out of the country at all.

Sunland21,
I was also interviewed on the 12th of Nov.... What's going on with your oath date? Have you called to find out what's happening? I hope you will get it soon!

iluvfra,
i have no idea what's going on. I called the 1800 number and all they could tell me is to wait 90 days and call back if i don't receive anything yet. I really hope I get it soon. I know a couple of people who were interviewed the same day like us who haven't received their oath letter yet. I have scheduled infopass on friday but i am still contemplating if I am really going or just cancel it and just wait for the letter to come.

Indiguy2

Sirch
I had my interview on 11/17/08 as well. Still waiting on my oath ceremony invitation. I will appreciate it if you post when you receive your oath ceremony letter.

Thanks
Indiguy2

Sirch
I had my interview on 11/17/08 as well. Still waiting on my oath ceremony invitation. I will appreciate it if you post when you receive your oath ceremony letter.

Thanks
Indiguy2

Sure, I will, Indiguy2.
I called USCIS Customer Service this morning to verify if an Oath letter was mailed out to me but I was told that there was none yet. The lady told me each item that she saw on her system and she told me that the last entry was that I passed the English and civic test, and that I was recommended for approval. That's all.
From the previous month's trend, it looks like USCIS is mailing out Oath letters in the third week of the month.
Let's hope that we will get ours by 12/19/08 for the 01/29/09 Oath ceremony.
You may want to call USCIS just to make sure that an Oath letter was not lost in the mail.
Let me know too if you find out anything.
All the best!

guys, another note: when I try to check my case status online, the system cannot pull up my information, could that be another reason? maybe my file is still on top of some IO's desk waiting for final approval.... :(

Sunland21,
Who knows what is going on with the online status... I think my I 485 application still shows pending - I am not kidding. Don't worry about the online status.... they don't update it in a timely manner. Hang in there!