Los Angeles, CA - N-400 Timeline

Maybe worthy trying. But I don't know if those 1st level customer support people can find out for you. I never succeeded in talking to the 2nd level - immigration officer through their 1800 number.
Can I call USCIS to find out if I am scheduled for Dec 19th?

Can I call USCIS to find out if I am scheduled for Dec 19th?

Did you call the USCIS ???
which number ????

07/23/08 application received
08/??/08 Fingerprint Date
11/12/Interview Date Passed
?/?/?? Receive Oath Letter
?/?/?? Oath Date

I had my interview on the 5th and passed but have not received the oayh letter, is that normal? anybody with similar experience & time frame to please enlighten me

Congrats all, and hope you will receive the OL soon. I received the IL last night...Finally!

01/12/08 Interview Date
?/?/?? Receive Oath Letter
?/?/?? Oath Date

oath

Hi,

I have just returned from the Oath Ceremony today in Pomona. There were about 3500 people, and the whole thing took about 3 hours, with the actual ceremony lasting some 25 minutes. Overall it was not a particularly exciting experience, or at least not in the way I imagined it. The Fairplex is a depressing place, and the long waiting in line (by the edge of the parking lot) made me feel pretty miserable.

Parking costs $9, and a simple burger is $6.50. On top of that we had to watch George Bush give a speech about citizenship and listen to country music. Some people were very happy, while some others seemed to look at it as just another step forward in their lives.

I applied for the passport as well, and should be getting it in about 10-12 days. I wish you all good luck! Will probably drop another line after I get my passport.

Had my interview on 11/5 , passed but still no oath letter ! what can I do? I need advise before I go nuts. downtown los angeles

Last edited by a moderator:
Questions for nflores

thanks sirch320!

oh no.. i don't have an oath ceremony scheduled yet. i meant he told me to wait for the oath letter in the mail.. he said most probably the oath ceremony will be scheduled next month.

sorry for the confusion. my interview was at 11am.

Hi nflores!

I'm just wondering if you have already received your oath letter. If you have, when is it scheduled?

Thanks!

I have a question on tax paperwork to bring to interview.

Did you bring copies of 1040 forms that you filed? Or did you bring confirmation letter from IRS stating that tax was filed?

What about California state taxes? Does Franchise Tax board sends a confirmation letter like IRS?

I called the IRS hotline to get tax confirmation letter and it only issues letters for the past 4 years from 2004 to 2007 years.

I have a question on tax paperwork to bring to interview.

Did you bring copies of 1040 forms that you filed? Or did you bring confirmation letter from IRS stating that tax was filed?

What about California state taxes? Does Franchise Tax board sends a confirmation letter like IRS?

I brought both three years worth of 1040 and IRS transcripts.
For California Franchise Tax Board, the fastest way to get state tax transripts is to go to their local office personally. I went to their downtown LA office to get printouts of 3 years of taxes.

The IO did not ask for them because I submitted three years of 1040 with my application.

Tax returns?

Hi all,
So do I have to bring the last 3 or 5 yrs of income tax return on my interview day? Please advise. Thanks!