Los Angeles, CA - N-400 Timeline

thanks. wish both you and I (and any other unlucky birds in the same cage) best of luck to get out sooner...

I almost got away with it. She crossed out "yes" and checked mark "no decision made". Make sure to have a list of dates handy giving them no opportunity to ask for your passport. Also note, your tickets, itinerary and exit stamp are absolutely no help in this situation. I will update this forum as soon as i hear back from them.
Wish you all the luck.

Thanks. really need it. At this point i am extremely frustrated as i have no clue how long this process will last.

thanks. wish both you and I (and any other unlucky birds in the same cage) best of luck to get out sooner...

have you tried to follow up after your interview? e.g. call them afterwards? did the officer tell you how long you could expect to hear the final decision?

Thanks. really need it. At this point i am extremely frustrated as i have no clue how long this process will last.

did not receive receipt

I sent my papers on June 28th 2007, still haven't received any receipt. My check was cashed on 7/10/07, I am in LA.

No in a nutshell i was told to wait 120 days and follow the contact procedure on the form which is to write to them via snail mail.
i am really hoping you don't have to go through this.

have you tried to follow up after your interview? e.g. call them afterwards? did the officer tell you how long you could expect to hear the final decision?

120 days? GEEZ! you said the officer told you that she would check your entry log by the end of that day. why should it take so long? maybe a standard answer. well, I will take a trip for 2 weeks. I surely wish you will get a final positive answer when I come back. best of luck...

No in a nutshell i was told to wait 120 days and follow the contact procedure on the form which is to write to them via snail mail.
i am really hoping you don't have to go through this.

Just mailed mine in - here is my timeline:

07/13/07: MD, CA CSC
07/18/07: Appl. Rc'd
07/00/07: CC
00/00/07: PN Rc'd
00/00/07: FP Notice Rc'd
00/00/07: FP Date
00/00/00: IL Rc'd
00/00/00: IL Date
00/00/00: Interview Result (N652)
00/00/00: N. Oath (N445)
00/00/00: Oath Ceremony Date
00/00/00: PP Appl.
00/00/00: VR
00/00/00: PP Rc'd

Last edited by a moderator:
hey alect!

Good luck! So far waiting for first I-797C NOA Receipt for 13 days since check cashing and about three weeks since submission.

Application Update!

Hi All,

My case became available On-Line Today! It's 7:30am and I haven't received my NOA yet. Entering the number from the front of the check + WSC* REALLY works!!!!!:)

Application Process:
PR Since '86
5/01/07-6/30/07:...........Gathering Info/Docs
DO: Los Angeles, CA
06/30/2007:..................Mailed N-400 CSC, Laguna Niguel [Day 0]
07/03/2007:..................N-400 Applc. Rec’d (Rtrn. Rect. USCIS 06/29/07) [Day 3]
07/10/2007:..................Check Cashed (Per Bank Website) [Day 10]
07/24/2007:..................Application Case Available On-Line (Per USCIS Website) [Day 24]

Hey Alect!

No. I used the 7-digit number infront of the check. I began by adding WSC* followed by 00 followed by the 7 digit number. My check was cashed 7/9 or 7/10 per the back of the check. My case became available on Day 14 after they cashed the check! I don't have my first NOA yet but it should arrive soon if not today. Don't lose hope. I became consumed with this until my app. became available on line. Now I'm on the conveyer belt...so hopefully, barring a bad name check...smooth waiting now! Good luck and keep posting. I'll be on here in the evenings pst.

Best Regards,
-Jedi

Website for checking application

Hi Jedi,
What is the website address to check of your application is online ?
Does it tell you the current status ? I am waiting for my interview letter :confused:
Thanks

Update - Check cashed today.

Funny thing I am yet to receive the green signature proof of receipt card from USPS certified mail.

CA service center timeline

Yes, agree.The date of Dec 12 2006 does not seem correct for N400 for Los Angeles.And if it I will be very depressed :( :( :(

Yes, agree.The date of Dec 12 2006 does not seem correct for N400 for Los Angeles.And if it I will be very depressed :( :( :(

Those dates are based on the minimum service levels undertaken/agreed to by the USCIS. As long they are meeting those (eg 6-7 months for N400) that is what they publish. It DOES NOT mean that priority dates in Dec 2006 are being processed now - only that at a minimum those are being processed - most others have already been done as reported by many applicants.

Not sure if I have described that very well...:-(