Los Angeles, CA - N-400 Timeline

Great let us know how it goes, but it seems it has been fine in the past. Does
USCIS give you a specific office? I am not far from the Pico/La Cienega office, I wanna go there too...
Fingerprinting early will help me out a lot, and with this overload of applications I think it is a good idea to get a little ahead.
Thanks for your reply

Yes my notice specifically listed that ASC. I don't know whether you could go to another.

Yes, in fact I am considering it. On previous apps (I485) I have walked in either at another time or another day altogether without problems. I go to the ASC on Pico (near LaCienega).

My only concern is that as of today my case is still not coming up online. So I am worried they have not input it into their systems and if I turn up before the date they won't be able to find it on the computer at the ASC.

Or is there another reason why it wouldn't come up online for me?

received 797 and finger print notice

Yesterday, I received both my 797 receipt and finger print notice.
But mentioned missing evidence and I need to carry the document at the time of interview. I am not sure if they are referring to my traffic tickets or something else. Does anybody face this issue ?
07/18/07: MD, CA CSC
07/19/07: Ap. Rc'd
07/25/07: CC
07/20/07: PN Rc'd(PD:07/20/07)[Case On-Line 08/17/07]
08/17/07: FP Notice Rc'd
09/07/07: FP Date[Case Off-Line 00/00/00]
00/00/0?: IL Rc'd
00/00/0?: INT Date
00/00/0?: INT Rslt (N652)
00/00/0?: N. Oath (N445)
00/00/0?: Oath Cerem. Date
00/00/0?: PP Ap.
00/00/0?: VR
00/00/0?: PP Rc'd

My advice is to look carefully through several items:
1. Your N-400
2. Your birth certificate
3. Your passports (old and new)
4. Your green card
5. Traffic ticket receipts (if paid)
To sum up have the items below prepared:
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=197782

When they send your interview notice, it will say what to bring. In the mean time I think having all these items at hand (and copies) may be helpful.

Last edited by a moderator:
exception

My receipt also says as exception.
I attached green card copy, marriage certificate, photos and check.
I think they are referring to my traffic tickets.
When my tickets are only traffic violation like speeding, no head light ,
I am not sure what could be the exception.
Any information in this regard is appreciated.

Thanks

Andhra

passed my interview @ downtown LA today. the officer (a chinese lady I guessed from her last name) was very friendly. she just checked my GC and ID and nothing else, and she only asked me 3 questions:

1. what are the 3 branches of our government?
2. what are the duties of them?
3. what is the purpose of the UN?

and asked me read out "my wife is at work right now."
and she spoke a sentence "she can speak english very well" and asked me to write it down.

the total process only took about 10min. and I got the oath letter 2 hours later.

best of luck to all buddies who are also in the process!

my timeline:
priority date: 02/14/07
fingerprint date: 03/15/07
IL received: 06/22/07
interview passed 08/20/07
oath ceremony scheduled on 09/14/07

Oather letter recieved

11/06/06: Mailed to CSC
11/14/06: Priority Date
11/27/06: FP Notice Rcd
12/05/06: FP Date (Gardena CIS)
05/26/07: Interview Notice Rcd
07/13/07: Interview Date (Downtown LA) - Decision not made
08/17/07: Oath notification Received
09/14/07: Oath @ LACC : 1:00 PM

Had an interview today at downtown LA office. Everything went well until the officer checked my passport for entry stamps and my last entry stamp was missing. Turns out the officer at LAX did not stamp my passport at the point of entry. Luckily I had the last page of my ticket and transit stamps but they didn’t go any good.

The officer who took a personal call during the interview process and chatted about dogs and upcoming BBQ, said she will check the database for entry log t the end of the day. YEA RIGHT!

She asked about religion and if I practiced it. WEIRD. Isn’t that violation of bill of rights if I am not mistaken?

Other Facts:
Though my appointment was at 11:00. I arrived 30 minutes earlier and was called in at 10:50. The gentleman next to me whose appointment was at 10:30 had been waiting for over an hour.

The time varies by the sub- room number.

My room number was 8010-36
8010: is the main room # for interview where you wait
36: Individual officer’s room #

Thanks to LAX immigration officer I am back in the waiting game. arghhh!!!

11/06/06: Mailed to CSC
11/14/06: Priority Date
11/27/06: FP Notice Rcd
12/05/06: FP Date (Gardena CIS)
05/26/07: Interview Notice Rcd
07/13/07: Interview Date (Downtown LA)

Congrats Maradona!
I guess I will see u there :)

passed my interview @ downtown LA today. the officer (a chinese lady I guessed from her last name) was very friendly. she just checked my GC and ID and nothing else, and she only asked me 3 questions:

1. what are the 3 branches of our government?
2. what are the duties of them?
3. what is the purpose of the UN?

and asked me read out "my wife is at work right now."
and she spoke a sentence "she can speak english very well" and asked me to write it down.

the total process only took about 10min. and I got the oath letter 2 hours later.

best of luck to all buddies who are also in the process!

my timeline:
priority date: 02/14/07
fingerprint date: 03/15/07
IL received: 06/22/07
interview passed 08/20/07
oath ceremony scheduled on 09/14/07

thanks guys for all the encouragements we have given to or received from others, and best of luck to all of us!

macman, I am so glad to hear that your case got resolved. but won't be able to see you there since my schedule time is 8am :)

Yes, in fact I am considering it. On previous apps (I485) I have walked in either at another time or another day altogether without problems. I go to the ASC on Pico (near LaCienega).

So I went in today around 11.15am. Didn't seem busy to me. The guy said he couldn't even give me a number. I told him that on previous occasions I had done it on different days and was prepared to wait. He said that all changed 2 weeks ago - they do approx 200 people a day now.

So he agreed I could come back at the end of the day (3.30) and see whether there is room/time to get mine done. :(

Completed Fingerprints/Biometrics Today!(ASC Fairfax, Los Angeles)

Hi All,

I just completed the fingerprint/biometrics appointment.
Details:
1. Arrived at Fairfax Avenue Application Support Center.
2. Upon entering two Immigration Officers greet you.
3. You give your Fingerprint Appointment Letter then they give you a Biographical form to fill out.
4. After you fill it out, they ask you for your Resident Alien Card, stamp and initial your letter and give you a number. (I got there around 9:20am and my appointment was at 10:00am.
5. They called various numbers then at 10:15am my number was called.
6. Another person greets you, asks for your biographical form, fingerprint letter and resident alien card. Then he/she asks you to sit down.
7. They type information about you from your form. Then they perform the fingerprint scan. First they wipe your hands with a towel wet with ethanol. They place four of your fingers on the scan for each hand, followed by individual scans of each finger.
8. Then you fill out a customer service form. They were fast and very professional.
9. Then the person who performs the scan returns your forms and informed me that my next step was my interview and that I should be looking out for the interview letter.

I said thank you to the lady who performed my scan and to each of the other IOs. That's it. Now I wait some more!:D :eek:

Application Process:
PR Since '86
5/01/07-6/30/07:...........Gathering Info/Docs
District Office: Los Angeles, CA
06/30/2007:..................Mailed N-400 CSC, Laguna Niguel [Day 0]
07/02/2007:..................Official Date N-400 Application Received by USCIS/CSC [Day 2]
07/02/2007:..................Priority Date [Day 2]
07/03/2007:..................N-400 Applc. Rec’d (Rtrn. Rect. USCIS 06/29/07) [Day 3]
07/10/2007:..................Check Cashed (Per Bank Website) [Day 10]
07/20/2007:..................I-797C Receipt Notice Sent from CSC [Day 20]
07/24/2007:..................Application Case Available On-Line (Per USCIS Website) [Day 24]
07/25/2007:..................I-797C Receipt Notice Received (with Exception) [Day 25]
07/26/2007:..................I-797C Fingerprint Notice Sent from CSC [Day 26]
07/28/2007:..................I-797C Fingerprint Notice Received [Day 28]
08/21/2007:..................Fingerprint Date [Day 52] (Done 10am @ ASC-Fairfax, Los Angeles)

Hi All,

I just completed the fingerprint/biometrics appointment.
Details:
1. Arrived at Fairfax Avenue Application Support Center.
2. Upon entering two Immigration Officers greet you.
3. You give your Fingerprint Appointment Letter then they give you a Biographical form to fill out.
4. After you fill it out, they ask you for your Resident Alien Card, stamp and initial your letter and give you a number. (I got there around 9:20am and my appointment was at 10:00am.
5. They called various numbers then at 10:15am my number was called.
6. Another person greets you, asks for your biographical form, fingerprint letter and resident alien card. Then he/she asks you to sit down.
7. They type information about you from your form. Then they perform the fingerprint scan. First they wipe your hands with a towel wet with ethanol. They place four of your fingers on the scan for each hand, followed by individual scans of each finger.
8. Then you fill out a customer service form. They were fast and very professional.
9. Then the person who performs the scan returns your forms and informed me that my next step was my interview and that I should be looking out for the interview letter.

I said thank you to the lady who performed my scan and to each of the other IOs. That's it. Now I wait some more!:D :eek:

Application Process:
PR Since '86
5/01/07-6/30/07:...........Gathering Info/Docs
District Office: Los Angeles, CA
06/30/2007:..................Mailed N-400 CSC, Laguna Niguel [Day 0]
07/02/2007:..................Official Date N-400 Application Received by USCIS/CSC [Day 2]
07/02/2007:..................Priority Date [Day 2]
07/03/2007:..................N-400 Applc. Rec’d (Rtrn. Rect. USCIS 06/29/07) [Day 3]
07/10/2007:..................Check Cashed (Per Bank Website) [Day 10]
07/20/2007:..................I-797C Receipt Notice Sent from CSC [Day 20]
07/24/2007:..................Application Case Available On-Line (Per USCIS Website) [Day 24]
07/25/2007:..................I-797C Receipt Notice Received (with Exception) [Day 25]
07/26/2007:..................I-797C Fingerprint Notice Sent from CSC [Day 26]
07/28/2007:..................I-797C Fingerprint Notice Received [Day 28]
08/21/2007:..................Fingerprint Date [Day 52] (Done 10am @ ASC-Fairfax, Los Angeles)

I think I missed you by about an hour - I assume by Fairfax ASC you mean the one on Pico?

Hi Alect!
Yup! Same one. They're pretty fast and professional in there.

Application Support Center
CIS-Fairfax
5949 West Pico Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA

Well I went back at 3.30 and walked in - only one person sitting down. I explained to the guard (different guy) and he looked and said sure they could probably fit me in - just fill in the form fast as they are shutting down.

Filled in the form, got called up straight away, and was out of there by 3.40 !!!

Let's hope I bought myself two weeks by getting it done early :) :)

Hi Alect!
Yup! Same one. They're pretty fast and professional in there.

Application Support Center
CIS-Fairfax
5949 West Pico Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA

Yep agree - at least relatively for other government authorities :)

Jedi, do you have any idea why my case is not online to this date? Does this happen sometimes or should I be worried?

Don't worry about the On-Line application status stuff. From everything I've read here, it is not that reliable. In general for some, even after they get their Naturalization certificate, the website says application still pending.

For others, the disappearance of the on-line case from the website may be a key indicator that your file has been sent to the local district office and your interview letter is on its way.

For now, we're on the same boat as countless others who finished their FP and are now waiting the fingerprint, background and (gulp!) name check clearance.

After days 96-100 from mail date, if I don't get a interview letter, I'm going to do an Infopass to check the status. Maybe you should do the same.

Two of my hypotheses for how to proceed next:
1. July applications should begin processing by February.

2. Averages from this particular forum indicate, that if name check clears "on time" we should receive IL notice between now and either the end of September or the end of October.

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,
-Jedi.Knight

Don't worry about the On-Line application status stuff. From everything I've read here, it is not that reliable. In general for some, even after they get their Naturalization certificate, the website says application still pending.

For others, the disappearance of the on-line case from the website may be a key indicator that your file has been sent to the local district office and your interview letter is on its way.

For now, we're on the same boat as countless others who finished their FP and are now waiting the fingerprint, background and (gulp!) name check clearance.

After days 96-100 from mail date, if I don't get a interview letter, I'm going to do an Infopass to check the status. Maybe you should do the same.

To of my hypotheses for how to proceed next:
1. July applications should begin processing by February.

2. Averages from this particular forum indicate, that if name check clears "on time" we should receive IL notice between now and either the end of September or the end of October.

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,
-Jedi.Knight

I don't know why my priority date on receipt is 6/15, but online status show they received my application on 6/22. It's different, does anyone have the same exp? And the receipt ask me to wai 425 days, I hope I won't wait untill 425 days. It's a little sad when I open mailbox everyday and cannot see the IV letter.

PD 6/15
FP 7/24