Los Angeles, CA - N-400 Timeline

My wife and I passed the interview this morning. Our appointment is 9:05 AM. Interview center is at El Monte, CA. Arrived at 8:45 AM. There are a lot of people already standing in line outside the building.After check in with the security gate, the only thing that we can do is to wait.

There are two color seats there. One is Red and the other is blue. The blue ones is for the people who have already passed the interview and been waiting for their oath letter. The red ones is for those who are taking the interview.

Both my wife and I was finally called up at 11:40 AM. The interview went smoothly. It only took me about 10~15 minutes. The officer just ask me all of the questions in the N-400 application. Then, some civic test and simple sentence. Same thing happened to my wife. The officer interviewed my wife even joked with my wife "Did you get ahead of your husband for naturalization?". My wife replied "No, he is interviewing in another room with another officer now".

None of the documents that we prepared was asked. Both of us were only asked the green card and driver's license.

Oath will be taken at Feb 2, 2006 at Pomona, CA.

Hope this information will be helpful for the people in So. California.

========================
Send in N-400 09/11/2006
Interview 01/18/2007
I guess the application of N-400 is a smoother process than I thought.

thsu

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations!!

thsu_thsu, that was quick with end-to-end 5 months. Pretty good going. I hope then I get my interview notice within couple of months. Very encouraging.

----------------------------------------------------------------
11-10-2006 Mailed to CSC
11-13-2006 Priority Date (PD)
11-16-2006 Checks cleared
11-20-2006 Notice Date (ND)
11-21-2006 Finger Print Notice Date
11-30-2006 FP Appointment Date
12-10-2006 Finger Printing Done (delayed due to personal reason)
TBD Interview Notice
TBD Interview done
TBD Oath Notice
TBD Oath done

thsu_thsu said:
My wife and I passed the interview this morning. Our appointment is 9:05 AM. Interview center is at El Monte, CA. Arrived at 8:45 AM. There are a lot of people already standing in line outside the building.After check in with the security gate, the only thing that we can do is to wait.

There are two color seats there. One is Red and the other is blue. The blue ones is for the people who have already passed the interview and been waiting for their oath letter. The red ones is for those who are taking the interview.

Both my wife and I was finally called up at 11:40 AM. The interview went smoothly. It only took me about 10~15 minutes. The officer just ask me all of the questions in the N-400 application. Then, some civic test and simple sentence. Same thing happened to my wife. The officer interviewed my wife even joked with my wife "Did you get ahead of your husband for naturalization?". My wife replied "No, he is interviewing in another room with another officer now".

None of the documents that we prepared was asked. Both of us were only asked the green card and driver's license.

Oath will be taken at Feb 2, 2006 at Pomona, CA.

Hope this information will be helpful for the people in So. California.

========================
Send in N-400 09/11/2006
Interview 01/18/2007
I guess the application of N-400 is a smoother process than I thought.

thsu

Congratulations!

I wish i was asked to go to El Monte instead of Santa Ana as it seems like you get your Oath date on the spot. I did my interview on 1/9 and still no oath letter in the mail... :confused:

Anyone here had their interview in Santa Ana?

One of the reason that I emphasize there are two color seats is that we sit on the wrong color ones. Eventually, it cost us another hour for waiting. The way the El Monte office works is that they use the appointment letter collected by the security guards for ordering rather thatn the printed appointment time. So, if you take the correct seats, you will be called up quickly.

Hope this will help.

thsu

01/07/07: Mailed to CSC
01/09/07: Received Date
01/09/07: Priority Date
02/16/07: Fingerprints

anyone mailed their N400 on Jan ? Post yours too !

Santa Ana Oath Letter

Hi everyone, I am looking for anyone with recent experience at Santa Ana.

I had my interview on Jan 9, 2007 and was wondering how long till i get the OATH letter?

Thanks

Namecheck pending

Couple of my friends who have done Finger Printing, one on the same day as mine (12/21/06) and the second a week later have their interview letters already, I called the national service 800 number last Friday (01/26/07) and IO said :confused: the name check/background check is still pending, I was wondering how many of you that applied in late November/Early december have IL's and do you think scheduling a InfoPass at this time will be of any value?

Just adding my details

:) 12/20/06: Mailed to CSC
1/4/07: Received 12/21/06 as ND and 12/21/06 as PD
01/10/07: Received "Fingerprinting Notificaiton" with 1/18/07 as FPD
02/20/07: USCIS website enquiry - Case retrieval failed (Hope it indicates that I am going to receive Interview letter).
????? : Interview Date
????? : Oath Letter Received
????? : Oath Date
????? : Passport

Waiting for Interview letter.

Thanks

Infopass number

Mant0478,

Is the 1-800 number for Infopass same as what was mentioned in the notice letter?

11-10-2006 Mailed to CSC
11-20-2006 Notice Date (ND)
TBD Interview Notice
TBD Interview done
TBD Oath Notice
TBD Oath done

Infopass and 800#

Pump,

The 800# for the National Customer Service Center (NCSC) is 1-800-375-5283, this is different than infopass. To schedule an infopass, you need to do it on line using http://infopass.uscis.gov/. Based on some of the postings, it appears that one should be able to get the necessary information either way. I called on a Friday Morning and was able to get thru to rep and IO within 5-10 mins.

If you want proof of all your contacts with USCIS, you may want to schedule an Infopass as this documentation can be used if ever decide to sue/file WOM against USCIS. Unfortunately USCIS seems to be in the process of closing this option as well...hope that we dont get stuck in this la-la-land namecheck with FBI.

Received Interview notice yesterday

Hi mant0478,

Thanks for the info. Yesterday, I received my interview notice in the mail. I probably would not have an immediate need to call the 1-800 number. The interview appointment is scheduled for March 15, 2007. Apparently, going late for the finger printing does not seem to have slowed down my case. I was initially afraid of that. I am happy about the progress so far. I read that some people got stuck in the name check process even after the interview was done. Is that so? I am hoping that I do not get stuck there.

Good luck with your case.

Pump

N-400 Details
11-10-2006 Mailed to CSC
11-13-2006 Received Date (RD)
11-20-2006 Receipt Notice Date
01-30-2007 Interview Notice Date
02-02-2007 Received Interview Notice in the mail
03-15-2007 Interview Appointment Date
TBD Interview done
TBD Oath Notice
TBD Oath done

Did the case disappear from the website?

Pump, Congratulations on your IL, did you check to see if your case disappeared from the uscis website?. Thks.

Case disappered from web site!

Hi mant0478,

I ran a search with my application number on the USCIS web site. It seems the case did indeed disappear. I got the message below. What does it indicate? Does it mean that the case has now transferred to the District Office?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Validation Error(s)
You must correct the following error(s) before proceeding:
Case Status Retrieval Failed
Status for this Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact Customer Service at 1-800-375-5283.
---------------------------------------------------------

N-400 Timeline

11-10-2006 Mailed to CSC
11-13-2006 Received Date (RD)
11-20-2006 Receipt Notice Date
12-10-2006 Finger printing done (delayed due to personal reason)
01-30-2007 Interview Notice Date
02-02-2007 Received Interview Notice in the mail
02-04-2007 Case disappeared from USCIS web site
03-15-2007 Interview Appointment Date
TBD Interview done
TBD Oath Notice
TBD Oath done

I think

I guess when the case disappears, it is a safe assumption to deduce that the case has been transferred to DO. I have seen posts where some people do not see their case disappear after they get their IL and in some instances the case did not disappear even after their app was approved. Thanks for checking the uscis website.

I would be interested to see if anyone has their IL in the CSC area but the case did not disappear as I have not yet heard this happening for applicants in CSC.

Interview Letter

I got my notice of interview today, it is scheduled for 03/30/07 at the LA downtown office @7:15 am..I am not an early person..hopefully I get their by 7:15 am.

Anyone that have been to LA DO, please post your experience. Thank you.

Congrats! And WOW...that's incredibly early in the morning. I didn't know they work that early.

mant0478

mant0478,

How did you get IO to confirm that NC was pending. I have called the 800 number twice and have got nowhere except the usual answer "you have to wait". Also, what options did you use to get to the IO at the 800 number.

AK

Case did not disappear

cllin123 said:
Congrat! Did your case disappear now? I would appreiciate it if you could check it and let us know

I checked it yesterday and just now, the case did not disappear, so I am not sure if that means anything and if that has to do anything with namecheck.