Los Angeles, CA - N-400 Timeline

FP notice and N-400 notice received on the same day

I received the FP notice and the N-400 notice today, is CSC moving so fast that they are sending the Finger Printing notices along with the N-400 notices, at this rate the interview maybe scheduled way before my 5-year requirement of permenant residence is completed..anyone else got FP notices that applied recently?

IMIG49 said:
Hi Every One
I Passed My Interview 8-23-06, And Checked By 2nd Officer And Passed In 9-8-06, I Went Via Info Pass To L.a. Uscis Center 5 Times
The Officers Said Every Things Are Clear , You Arein Line To Go To Oath, Not Any News Till Now, Even A Week Ago In Went There They Said You Are In Line For Oath, Lots Of Oath Came And Doen Every Body Done Im Still Stock. Any Idea Please????

Fbi And Fingerprint And .... All Cleared At 8-23-06

Be a little patient. I know it is hard considering you have been waiting since August. Maybe they lost your file and then fixed the issue once you went to the info pass. If by mid January no letter, i would go again.

Do you know of anyone else in the same boat? could it be that the name check is holding up your file?

nikko said:
Got my oath letter today. I'm a little confused about what I'm supposed to bring to the oath ceremony. The form has check marks next to "Any immigration documents you may have" and "Other". What exactly do they mean by that? Any ideas? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

congrats for your 12/15 oath. Where did your interview take place in LA? also, how were the history and civics evaluation questions? anyfeed back on preparation and other logisitc pointers would be appreciated by us ;)

I Got My Oath Letter Finally

I GOT MY OATH LETTER
After 115 Days i got it!!!
looks they lost , thanks every body on this form you guys did help me a lot
good luck all you

received my oath date also!

My oath date will be on Jan 12 in Montebello at 8AM.

Anybody from SoCal going that day?

Goodluck to everybody.

dinx said:
My oath date will be on Jan 12 in Montebello at 8AM.

Anybody from SoCal going that day?

Goodluck to everybody.

HI
I BEEN THERE SAME DAY!!
I have oath 10.30 Am Monte Bello jan 12 2007.
Good luck

????

First of all THANKS TO MR. MAHESH for starting Los Angeles Dateline.
Since July 2004, you have helped many people. I am new to this form and very impressed in one day.

Now, I have many diff. questions regarding oath..!!

1. How many times the oath ceremony takes place in a month.?
2. After how many days of the interview we could get "Info Pass" interview scheduled.?
3. Does any one have their priority date around Aug. 30, 2006.??

I am very eager to look forward for my oath date..!!

sbkp2006 said:
First of all THANKS TO MR. MAHESH for starting Los Angeles Dateline.
Since July 2004, you have helped many people. I am new to this form and very impressed in one day.

Now, I have many diff. questions regarding oath..!!

1. How many times the oath ceremony takes place in a month.?
2. After how many days of the interview we could get "Info Pass" interview scheduled.?
3. Does any one have their priority date around Aug. 30, 2006.??

I am very eager to look forward for my oath date..!!

Hi there!

Go to this site and it will tell you the upcoming dates and time and place for the Naturalization Ceremony up to February 2007.

http://www.cacd.uscourts.gov/CACD/G...4e345f626837d38788256815005aa932?OpenDocument

Hope this help.

California Service Center

sachinphadke said:
has any one filed for their N-400 (for the santa ana district office) on around the 25'th Sept time frame?

My timeline at CSC is as below
PD - 10/06/2006
FP Done - 10/24/2006
Interview Date - ???

I passed!!!

I passed the interview today. I had an 11 am interview and i got there at 10:30. I was a little stressed out since people that came after me were getting their names called while i was still in the waiting area. After 1 hr 30 mins (or 1 hr from the appt time), i got called by the IO. He apologized for the wait as he had two "bad" cases before me.

My interview was short (30 mins max). Passed the English and Civics/History questions with no problems. I actually studied a bunch and recommend the following book "Twenty-Five Lessons in Citizenship". If you study this small book, you will have no issues scoring 100%. Everything was pretty much straight forward. He told me that i would be renouncing my other citizenship and that i can not travel on any passport but the US after i take the oath. He said they have not been enforcing this but they will soon. Overall very nice, educated, respectful and friendly person.

He told me that i should be getting a letter in about 2 weeks with my oath date which is going to be in one of three locations in LA.

I am so happy. I was surprised when i got home to learn that my g/f had sent me flowers and congratulations balloons with the american flag all over them.

Good luck to all.

Last edited by a moderator:
"...that i can not travel on any passport but the US after i take the oath. He said they have not been enforcing this but they will soon. "

This statement troubles me a bit. If you have dual citizenship, then it means you have to enter your birth country with nothing else but U.S. passport? I doubt this. I think what the I.O means is that you have to have US passport to leave and enter U.S., but you can enter your birth country with the other passport.

ApplyinMidwest said:
"...that i can not travel on any passport but the US after i take the oath. He said they have not been enforcing this but they will soon. "

This statement troubles me a bit. If you have dual citizenship, then it means you have to enter your birth country with nothing else but U.S. passport? I doubt this. I think what the I.O means is that you have to have US passport to leave and enter U.S., but you can enter your birth country with the other passport.

I think you are right.

My N-400 details

My CSC N-400 application details for Los Angeles DO are as follows:-

----------------------------------------------------------------
11-10-2006 Mailed to CSC
11-13-2006 Priority Date (PD)
11-16-2006 Checks cleared
11-20-2006 Notice Date (ND)
11-21-2006 Finger Print Notice Date
11-30-2006 FP Appointment Date
12-10-2006 Finger Printing Done (delayed due to personal reason)
TBD Interview Notice
TBD Interview done
TBD Oath Notice
TBD Oath done