Los Angeles, CA - N-400 Timeline

getting thru to the IO

atlanta400 said:
mant0478,

How did you get IO to confirm that NC was pending. I have called the 800 number twice and have got nowhere except the usual answer "you have to wait". Also, what options did you use to get to the IO at the 800 number.

AK

Did you get thru to the IO?, I read some where that there are two tiers now, the first tier is a call center rep that just gives scripted answers, when I asked them(on 01/26) if the FBI namecheck cleared, she probably could not find anything in the scripted responses, she said that I have to speak to an IO and transferred me. The IO said that the security or background check is pending and said this takes about 6-12 months, she said to call back after 6 mos. I believe I asked her if the security check is the same as name check, she didn't confirm, you have to try couple of ways to get them to check the actual status. I do not remember the options I went thru to get to the IO.

If you recently applied do not panic yet, give them sometime to sort things out, two of my friends who applied at the same time as me got their IL's 10 days ago and I got mine y'day, both of them have their Interviews at the Santa Ana DO even though one of them stays in the same zip code as mine, mine went to LA DO, so there may be lot of these variations in the USCIS process and some of it depends on the DO.

1 month and 1 day and ...

still no OATH LETTER.

Santa Ana DO is so slow... I can not get over the fact that he IO told me 2 weeks max...

I am waiting for 60 days before going for an info pass...

how long is the wait in the info pass system. Say i want to info pass on 3/9, when should i schedule it?

Interview at LA DO

I have gone through this entire thread(yes all 46 pages) and was not able to find anyone that had an interview in the LA district office, the one in downtown. I have seen numerous instances of interview experiences at El Monte(also in LA DO) and Santa Ana.

If anyone has any experience with LA DO and any logistical information, please let me know. I promise to post my experience in detail after the interview, I may just take an infopass appointment to confirm the completion of namecheck and gain a better understanding of logistics (parking, building entry etc.)

I remember reading back in 2002 in the I-485 forums about how people used to go really early to get their passports stamped as they allow only a limited number of people each day etc. I am hoping since I have an appt. for the interview I should not run into this issue and also the IL clearly states do not arrive more than 30 min. prior to the interview time.

Any details and experience with LA DO is greatly appreciated

Hey Mant0478,

How do you know "12/21/06: FP Completed Date (FBI returned results the same day)" ? I went to FP and i never know the results. Can you advise ?

Here's the number to call to find out if your fingerprints were returned to USCIS from the FBI.

1 304-625-2000, option 3

My Timeline with CSC/Los Angeles

Petition Filed..........: 01/24/07
Priority Date...........: 01/26/07
Check Cashed.........: 01/29/07
Receipt Received.....: 02/02/07
FP Notice Received..: 02/05/07
FP Scheduled on......: 02/27/07
Interview...............: ?????????
Oath.....................: ?????????

Just want to update LA tracker

12/20/06: Mailed to CSC
1/4/07: Received 12/21/06 as ND and 12/21/06 as PD
01/10/07: Received "Fingerprinting Notificaiton" with 1/18/07 as FPD
02/20/07: USCIS website enquiry - Case retrieval failed (Hope it indicates that I am going to receive Interview letter).
????? : Interview Date
????? : Oath Letter Received
????? : Oath Date
????? : Passport

Waiting for Interview letter.

Thanks

That may be a good sign

hari1997,
You are most likely about to receive the interview letter in a few days. The case disappears when the interview is scheduled. That is what happened in my case too. However, I checked the status only after receiving the IL. It usually takes a few days to receive the letter. Your case has most likely already traneferred for next step, which is the interview.

Just want to update Los Angeles tracker with my details

Thanks all of you

I got my IL yesterday (02-23-2007).

02/20/07: USCIS website enquiry - Case retrieval failed (Hope it indicates that I am going to receive Interview letter).
02-23-2007: Interview letter (IL) receive Date
04-20-2007: Interview Date

I will update you once I finish my interview.

Thanks

still no OATH LETTER.

Santa Ana DO is so slow... I can not get over the fact that he IO told me 2 weeks max...

I am waiting for 60 days before going for an info pass...

how long is the wait in the info pass system. Say i want to info pass on 3/9, when should i schedule it?

Still Waiting... I called the USCIS and they told i was put in the queue about 6 weeks ago ??? I asked about name check and was told i am good and just need the oath...

Any one had their interview in Santa Ana in 2007?

thanks

District Office

Congrats, can you post at which office(DO) is your interview scheduled? Thank you.

Thanks all of you

I got my IL yesterday (02-23-2007).

02-23-2007: Interview letter (IL) receive Date
04-20-2007: Interview Date

I will update you once I finish my interview.

Thanks

Here's an 07 timeline

Just started my application process, thought I'd post (since I've been lurking for a while). Cheers to all

No Interview Notice yet

I had my Fingerprints done at Fairfax on 1-16-07, and still haven't received an interview notice. The online status check says my file is still pending.

I see people that did fingerprints after me have received interview notices.

Should I be worried, and is there anything I Can do at this point? Thanks

Petition Filed..........: 01/24/07
Priority Date...........: 01/26/07
Check Cashed.........: 01/29/07
Receipt Received.....: 02/02/07
FP Notice Received..: 02/05/07
FP done on.............: 02/27/07

Los Angeles cervice center

Petition Filed..........: 02/01/07
Priority Date...........: 02/01/07
Receipt Received.....: 02/08/07
FP Notice Received..: 02/28/07
FP done on.............: 02/28/07
02/28/07: FP Completed Date (FBI returned results the same day)

Congrats

1CaliN400, Congratulations, looks like they are starting to assign downtown LA office instead of /in addition to El Monte.