Los Angeles, CA - N-400 Timeline

Kind_SD

Sorry cannot help you with your question. I have not any traffic tickets. But I have a feeling you should not have to worry unless you have got lots of them. But I do not know for sure one way or the other. Sorry!

Mahesh

Hello Anahit,
COngratulations. One more step towards the prize. What was your daughter's priority date? Mine was Oct 21 and I took my interview 2 days after her. Here's hoping to a similar letter soon.

tinkerbell said:
Hello Anahit,
COngratulations. One more step towards the prize. What was your daughter's priority date? Mine was Oct 21 and I took my interview 2 days after her. Here's hoping to a similar letter soon.
Thanks, tinkerball.
Her priority date was in October, close to yours (don't remember exactly). I am sure you'll get your oath letter very soon, if not today.

Anahit,

Congratulations on culmination of the process!
Thanks for the update too. I will be eagerly awaiting the letter.

Mahesh

Is There Anyone Else Whos Request For Name (n400) Check Has Been Pending Since Dec 2003?

I Got A Email From Fbi Stating My Case Is Still Pending And That Was
All. I Hope I Amnot The Only Person Who Has Been Waiting For That Long.
And Also Is There Any One Get His Name Clear Recenty Which Filed At Dec 2003?
Edit/Delete Message

bobydude said:
Is There Anyone Else Whos Request For Name (n400) Check Has Been Pending Since Dec 2003?

I Got A Email From Fbi Stating My Case Is Still Pending And That Was
All. I Hope I Amnot The Only Person Who Has Been Waiting For That Long.
And Also Is There Any One Get His Name Clear Recenty Which Filed At Dec 2003?
Edit/Delete Message

Bobydude,

Have you checked this monster of a thread http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=136848
It has a wealth of people's experience about name checks.

Good luck
Mahesh

Tinkerbell.
I decided to reply it here because the information is more pertinent for the folks at the LA DO.
You asked me about getting status on my case.

The non-immigrant matter I had called about needed an officer and must have met some guidelines. I got to talk to an officer regarding that matter and got this info as well.

As for getting from the DO, I believe it should be available at the LA DO. I was interviewed in El Monte and that would be the best office to get status. But I believe El Monte operations is all backoffice operations (except for the interview). I think (and I do not know for sure) that they may not be able to talk to individuals. So I am curious if anyone has been to EL Monte.

Having said that, I think the info should be available to the folks in the LA DO.
I have been to the LA DO several times in the past few months. You get the InfoPass appt from the website. The only one thing I would urge you to do is get an InfoPass APPT BEFORE NOON at the LA DO.
The office within the DO that deals with CZ enquiries handles only so many people per day. So if you get an appt for later in the day, they may have stopped taking any more enquiries. So your InfoPass appt is worthless at that point (how much more stupid can the system get!!) That almost happened to me last time but the lady at the frontdesk made an exception but cautioned me against making the same "mistake" next time.

If you do end up going to the DO for this matter, can you update us please?

Thanks
Mahesh

PS: Just to let you know, the information I have on my case is that, on the 18th of March the CIS has requested for an oath date for me but they could not tell when it would be. So, if they tell you that you have not yet been scheduled you can ask them if and when CIS has sent a request for you to be scheduled.

Manesh, thanks for the great detail. I have an appointment at the LA DO for early next week in the morning. Will keep you up to date.

Oath letter received

Hi Manesh, Anahit

I got my oath letter for 29th April. Hurrah!

PD: Oct 21, 04
FD: Nov 24, 05
IN: March 10, 05
OT: April 29, 05

tinkerbell said:
Hi Mahesh, Anahit

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
Mahesh, as you can see, they are still scheduling for April 29th. God knows what order they go with for sending those letters out, but I am sure the letter for you is in the pile to be sent out. ;)

completed interview today

Priority Date ............ Nov 2, 2004
Fingerprint Date ....... Feb 10, 2005
Interview Date.......... Apr 13, 2005 at El Monte
Oath Date................ waiting

The interview went ok and was over in about 15-20 mins.
I was asked a bunch of silly questions:
1. Why I changed apts so much (didn't think there was a law against this).
2. The interviewer went over my overseas trips in great detail (they total about 7 over the past 5 years, only one of which was a month and a half). I was asked for my old passport to match the dates. Then the interviewer just flipped through the pages???!!???
3. Why I changed 3 jobs. Hello, heard about the tech industry changes over the past 5 years?
4. No selective service question at all.

At the end, I was asked to verify my name (the interviewer fixed the typo, I'd glad), dob, height and was told "Congratulations, you have passed the interview". Then I was smiled at briefly. No shaking hands though, must be an LA thing. I got a form with the "Congratulations..." box checked on it too.

I proceeded to ask about the name check thing and was told "I need to check that". There is a form with a bunch of checkboxes that the interviewer filled out after completing the interview. One of the checkboxes said "Name check". I wonder if they simply have to look it up in their system and make sure everything they want is all there.

Then I was told I would get an oath letter in 3-4 months(%$#??).

pacific1 said:
Priority Date ............ Nov 2, 2004
Fingerprint Date ....... Feb 10, 2005
Interview Date.......... Apr 13, 2005 at El Monte
Oath Date................ waiting

The interview went ok and was over in about 15-20 mins.
I was asked a bunch of silly questions:
1. Why I changed apts so much (didn't think there was a law against this).
2. The interviewer went over my overseas trips in great detail (they total about 7 over the past 5 years, only one of which was a month and a half). I was asked for my old passport to match the dates. Then the interviewer just flipped through the pages???!!???
3. Why I changed 3 jobs. Hello, heard about the tech industry changes over the past 5 years?
4. No selective service question at all.

At the end, I was asked to verify my name (the interviewer fixed the typo, I'd glad), dob, height and was told "Congratulations, you have passed the interview". Then I was smiled at briefly. No shaking hands though, must be an LA thing. I got a form with the "Congratulations..." box checked on it too.

I proceeded to ask about the name check thing and was told "I need to check that". There is a form with a bunch of checkboxes that the interviewer filled out after completing the interview. One of the checkboxes said "Name check". I wonder if they simply have to look it up in their system and make sure everything they want is all there.

Then I was told I would get an oath letter in 3-4 months(%$#??).
Congrats, pacific1!!!!
So looks like your name check is clear and you are all set...good luck for Oath.
If you dont mind, can you tell (or PM me) what country are you from ?
Thanks!!

Congrats Pacific!
I'm scheduled for an interview at the same El Monte office on May 19th.
since you mentioned "it must be an LA thing", did you get your green card in another state? if it's the case, did the transition of your "immigrant file" to the LA district office go smooth? no delays or rescheduling.
Because a friend of mine was scheduled for an interview on Apr. 12th, but when he went for his interview they apologized and said that they haven't received his "Alien file" yet. (since he moved originally from Boston to California).
I'm in the same situation too. So i'm not sure if this delay of "file transfer" would apply to everybody.
And oh by the way, are you of a middle-eastern origin by any chance? (after all these questions he asked..!!. Am asking you this because I am from the middle-east.
Thanks Pacific and good luck for the oath.
Abdullah.

Anahit said:
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
Mahesh, as you can see, they are still scheduling for April 29th. God knows what order they go with for sending those letters out, but I am sure the letter for you is in the pile to be sent out. ;)

Anahit

Thanks for the encouraging words! Sorry I was offline for a few days.
Hopefully my letter is in the pile and I am looking forward to posting the good news here.

Mahesh

Yes, I got my GC when I was living in the Midwest. I'm not aware of any problems with file transfer since I moved to CA a few years ago. It is possible that your friend moved just before filing for citizenship and didn't have enough time between filing the change of address and filing the N-400.
I'm not Middle Eastern, have lived in the US for over 16 years always in legal status (student, H1-B, GC). I'm not sure why I was asked all these questions.
Anyway, thanks for your wishes and I hope your process goes smoothly as well.

abdullah1 said:
Congrats Pacific!
I'm scheduled for an interview at the same El Monte office on May 19th.
since you mentioned "it must be an LA thing", did you get your green card in another state? if it's the case, did the transition of your "immigrant file" to the LA district office go smooth? no delays or rescheduling.
Because a friend of mine was scheduled for an interview on Apr. 12th, but when he went for his interview they apologized and said that they haven't received his "Alien file" yet. (since he moved originally from Boston to California).
I'm in the same situation too. So i'm not sure if this delay of "file transfer" would apply to everybody.
And oh by the way, are you of a middle-eastern origin by any chance? (after all these questions he asked..!!. Am asking you this because I am from the middle-east.
Thanks Pacific and good luck for the oath.
Abdullah.

tinkerbell said:
Hi Manesh, Anahit

Congratulations Tinkerbell!
Did you end of going to the DO for the scheduled appt? Or did you receive the letter before that?
If you did go to the DO, I am curious what they had told you about your case.

Thanks
Mahesh

Manesh,
I cancelled the appointment since I the letter arrived Monday.I hope yours comes soon. There really doesn't seem to be any logic in the way scheduling is done so here's hoping you squeeze into the April batch.