Los Angeles, CA - N-400 Timeline

Anahit,

I read in some thread (that I cannot find now) that EL Monte called you for an oath 8 days after your interview? Is that correct?

Are oath ceremonies being scheduled so quickly in LA DO now?

Mahesh

maheshgajanan said:
Anahit,

I read in some thread (that I cannot find now) that EL Monte called you for an oath 8 days after your interview? Is that correct?

Are oath ceremonies being scheduled so quickly in LA DO now?

Mahesh
Yes, it's true. I was interviewed in El Monte on September 9, 2004. They gave me and other qualified applicants the oath letter right after the interview for September 17, 2004. At Convention Center in LA there were 2 oath ceremonies that day. About 3,500-4000 people got naturalized during each ceremony. It was before presidential elections. Maybe that helped to speed things up!

Last edited by a moderator:
n400la, please help ASAP

N400La,

How do I contact the caseworker? I am going to the DO today
Please let me know ASAP. I will keep checking this thread for your response.

Mahesh

Mahesh,

go to www.house.gov and find out who is your representative. It will bring up her/his information and office phone number and then you call them and explain your problem. They will fax you a "constituent assistance form" that you fill out and fax back to them... After that they will start sending inquiries on your behalf...

Good luck!

Thanks N400LA. I appreciate your speedy response. I spoke with the officer at the DO. He said the caseworker is on El Monte where the final interview is scheduled.

Sorry, I could not acknowledge your prompt reply earlier. I had personal work that kept me getting onto the Net.

Regards
Mahesh

Mahesh,

It's great that your case is moving forward. As for me, I had ceremony on Friday and as of then I am a US citizen! My journey with USCIS however is not over as I am preparing the paperwork to file AOS for my wife... But my username here becomes somewhat irrelevant :)

Alll the best,
Mike

n400la said:
Mahesh,

It's great that your case is moving forward. As for me, I had ceremony on Friday and as of then I am a US citizen! My journey with USCIS however is not over as I am preparing the paperwork to file AOS for my wife... But my username here becomes somewhat irrelevant :)

Alll the best,
Mike
Congratulations Mike!
And good luck with your wife's case.
I hope you don't need help from this forum ever again. However, I believe, we all will be around for a long time. I am already addicted to this. So, whether I need help or not, I want to know what's going on, how can I help the others with my experience.

Anahit

SKg99, Anahit, recent interviewees at El Monte,

I have my interview coming up at El Monte.
Never been to that area before. Any tips?

- It is in a busy neighborhood, Is parking available? Paid or USCIS provided?
- how long did the process take for you? They say 2 hours in the letter
- I have the inteview in the afternoon at 1pm next Thursday. So what time you suggest I plan on being there?
- Is the office crowded? Someone from my family is planning to come along. Would that be an issue getting into the office?

Thanks
Mahesh

Mahesh,

There is plenty of parking behind and on-street across the building. Flair Drive runs parallel to I-10E on the right side. As you go on 10E look for signs for Flair Drive, as I ignored those signs and followed the yahoo directions, got lost and spent good 20 minutes to find to the building. Anyway give youself some extra time for such things.

My interview was scheduled for 3:30pm and I was at the door at 3pm. I was asked to sit in the red chairs to the right and in 5 minutes along with 4 others I was asked to go upstairs. There were quite a few people already waiting in the waiting Hall.
My turn came at 4:20 and the actual interview process took less than 10 minutes.

Just go there 30 minutes prior to your scheduled time.

This location has a lot of seating available even for the family. Just ask your family members to get a book or something to keep themselves occupied for a couple of hours. Same goes for you while you wait for your turn.

As for me, I am still waiting for the Oath letter.
Good Luck.

Thanks a lot skg99 for all the tips.
So I will the Flair Drive exit on I10 and then look for the correct block number instead of following yahoo directions.

skg99,

Anahit mentioned in an earlier posting that he got his oath letter the same day. Do you know anyone else who got an oath letter when you were at El Monte? I am trying to find out if it is standard practice at El Monte to give oath letter the same day if one qualifies.

As for car parking, you said there is lot behind and across the street. I was wondering if these are USCIS provided or private?

Thanks
Mahesh

maheshgajanan said:
skg99,

Anahit mentioned in an earlier posting that he got his oath letter the same day. Do you know anyone else who got an oath letter when you were at El Monte? I am trying to find out if it is standard practice at El Monte to give oath letter the same day if one qualifies.

As for car parking, you said there is lot behind and across the street. I was wondering if these are USCIS provided or private?

Thanks
Mahesh
Mahesh, I don't think it's a standard practice at El Monte to give the Oath letter right after the interview. My eldist daughter was interviewed there and got her oath letter in a month or so. My husband has been waiting for it since November, 2003 (name check problem). And my younger daughter's interview is scheduled for March 8th. We'll see what happens with her oath.

I was interviewed today

THanks for the information Anahit!

I was interviewed today at El Monte and passed.

My status so far

PD 1 Oct
2 times fingerprints - both unclassifiable
Name check cleared 22 Oct
Inteview data 3 March

I am joining the Waiting-for-Oath club.

Mahesh

Update

Los Angeles District Office

Priority Date ............ Nov 2, 2004
Fingerprint Date ....... Feb 10, 2005
Interview Date.......... Apr 13, 2005 at El Monte

maheshgajanan said:
THanks for the information Anahit!

I was interviewed today at El Monte and passed.

My status so far

PD 1 Oct
2 times fingerprints - both unclassifiable
Name check cleared 22 Oct
Inteview data 3 March

I am joining the Waiting-for-Oath club.

Mahesh
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!
I read about your fingerprinting problem. Glad you took care of it at the interview. Did the interviewer tell you when you should expect your oath letter?

Anahit said:
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!
I read about your fingerprinting problem. Glad you took care of it at the interview. Did the interviewer tell you when you should expect your oath letter?

Thanks Anahit!

I feel they are trained not to commit any date and create an expectation.
She said 60-90 days and then she said contact them only if I do not hear back in 120 days.
Later I was chatting with a security guy (not a USCIS employee) in that office and he said it has been 30-60 days lately.

Wish you good luck with your daughter's interview.

Mahesh

My daughter passed the interview today. She was told that the Oath ceremonies for March are filled already. So, her oath will possibly be in April.

Good to hear that Anahit!

It is helpful when the CIS gives such specific information i.e. March is full, may be April. Do you know anyone else who was given such specific information? When I was there they just asked me expect call in 60-90 days.

Mahesh