Los Angeles, CA - N-400 Timeline

Kavitha_Sharma said:
Thank you for the wishes.

PD is 8/02 not July second.

I am sure you guys will get your notices soon.

Kavitha.

I am so happy for you Kavitha,
you gave me hope ;) , study the 100 questions... prepare your self :) by the way, what is your DO?

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr. LA

Hi Mr. LA -

Wonder if I could know your nationality? It seems a little unusual in your case that your PD is early July yet Kavitha has received his interview notice, in which his PD is early August.

Let me know if you prefer let me know privately. I will give you my e-mail address.

Thanks in advance and good luck...

-fchan100-

Los Angeles N-400 Tracker

Ok- guys i finally got the oat letter today as well. The whole process took approx. 5 month from applying. Seems like California Center is moving pretty fast and i had not problems. My oath is on Friday 28th at LA convention center. Here are my timelines, and good luck to all who are going thourgh N-400 and congratulation to those who are taking oath. God bless.

N-400 mailed - 05/15/2005
N-400 received by INS- 05/17/2005
Check cashed - 05/23/2005
N-400 Priority Date 05/17/2005
Notice Date - 05/29/2005
Finger Print Notice Date - 06/17/2005
Finger Print Date - 07/07/2005
Interview letter recieved - 08/1/2005
Interview Date - 09/27/2005
Oath Letter Received - 10/11/2005
Oath Date - 10/28/2005 @ LA Convention Center 8:00 AM

high009

I checked my online status this afternoon and it's gone. Well, I hope the interview will be here in a few days.

Interview Letter Received

Hi high009 -

You are absolutely correct. I got the interview notice today...
Got my timeline updated also.

Thanks a lot.

-fchan100-

Congratulation fchan100,
Study well man.... i wish you all the best... by the way, what part of LA is your Interview.... i live in south bay, and i don't know where will they send me too... I ask the experts what to do ? :)

JohnnyCash, JoeF any advice ?

thank you all :)

Mr LA said:
Congratulation fchan100,
Study well man.... i wish you all the best... by the way, what part of LA is your Interview.... i live in south bay, and i don't know where will they send me too... I ask the experts what to do ? :)

JohnnyCash, JoeF any advice ?

thank you all :)
Advice about what? Where your interview will be held?

Anahit said:
Advice about what? Where your interview will be held?

Hello Anahit,
Like you see here, some guys from LA already got Interview letters, even their PD is after me by like a month or so, can I get infopass or something, or just be patient.

Thanks

Mr LA said:
Hello Anahit,
Like you see here, some guys from LA already got Interview letters, even their PD is after me by like a month or so, can I get infopass or something, or just be patient.

Thanks
Be patient! It is too soon for you to worry about anything.

Anahit said:
Be patient! It is too soon for you to worry about anything.

I understand Mr. LA's frustration thou, especially he sees someone's PD is after his, but other people have already received the interview notice.

Mr. LA

Hi Mr. LA -

I think I answered your question on a separate link, so I will re-answer here again: I live in East San Gabriel Valley/Pomona area, and my interview office will be in El Monte.

I'd suggest you use infopass to ask CIS what is going on with your case. Recalling I was asking a gentleman about the accuracy of his PD before? It seems that it is your case got into some abnormal norms from other people in this forum including myself (although I really have no clue about what is that), or just a mess up with the postal. My PD is one month after you and I have already got my interview letter.

Still, keep up your hope. Don't get discouraged - it might be just something minor.

Take care and Good luck,
-fchan100-

Can I postpone interview?

Group,

I have not got my interview letter yet, but it is likely to be in December, based on other postings on the forum.

But my question is I am going on a holiday for a month in December.

Can I simply reschedule the interview from Dec 05 to Jan 06?
Or
Is it a difficult and painful process to reschedule?

Who do I call to re-schedule?

============
N-400 mailed - 7/27/05
N-400 received - 7/28/05
Priority Date - 7/28/05
Notice Date - 8/9/05
Finger Print Notice Date - 8/12/05
Finger Print Date - 8/26/05
Interview Date - TBD (likely to be in Dec 05)
Oath Date -
Edit/Delete Message

My Interview at El Monte Office on 10/24/2005

Hi Guys,
My interview is scheduled for 10/24/2005 at El Monte office at 10:30 AM. any suggestions, any advise? is it ok if I just look at Naturalization Guide for the questions that I will be asked there or I should look into other resources too?

Thanks,

My Timeline
PD : 06/10/2005
FP : 07/26/2005
Interview : 10/24/2005
Oath : ???

ladude

Hi ladude - you can obviously re-schedule but not recommended. It is because the date is not determined by you. It is determined by CIS based on their slots. It could be one month later, or six months later.

Just mail the interview notice back to the office you are going for a reschedule.

-fchan100-

Update

Here is my new update:

Date N400 sent: August 25th
INS Recieved: August 26th
Priority Date: August 28th
FP Notice: September 7th
FP Date: September 22nd
Interview Notice: October 11th
Interview Date: December 21st
Oath Date: :) Unknown

Tax

Please I was wondering if the immigration officer always ask for the prior 3 year tax returns. On the interview notice, they didn't mention anything about providing tax return documents. The notice mentioned about bringing Green card, interview letter, marriage certificate, divorce certificate.

I only have last year's tax return and if i try to get it from the IRS, it will take about 60 days. Any suggestion.

Wolfpac said:
Please I was wondering if the immigration officer always ask for the prior 3 year tax returns. On the interview notice, they didn't mention anything about providing tax return documents. The notice mentioned about bringing Green card, interview letter, marriage certificate, divorce certificate.

I only have last year's tax return and if i try to get it from the IRS, it will take about 60 days. Any suggestion.

I received my Tax Transcripts within 2 weeks thou.

They do not always ask for the 5 years / 3 years tax return. they also do not mention it on the interview notice. however, if they feel they would want to see your tax return during the interview, they would request you to show the evidence. if you could not come up the evidence at the time they request, you would have to mail it to them.

so, better prepare than feel sorry.