Los Angeles, CA - N-400 Timeline

Wolfpac said:
My interview is coming up on December 21st at El Monte. I am planning to attend the interview with my previous years tax returns,however, I have to order the copies from IRS since I don't have any at this moment. Please I was wondering if at the interview do they requested tax return or tax transcript. In other words, which one is better to order - tax return or tax transcript. How long does it take to get them if I order the copies?

Please help me out.

tax transcript would be good enough for the interview purpose. it came to me within 10 days after i placed an order on the phone.

ocworker said:
tax transcript would be good enough for the interview purpose. it came to me within 10 days after i placed an order on the phone.

Thanks for the information. I am planning to place an order for 3 years. Is that okay or do I have to go for 4 years? Please help me out.

Wolfpac said:
Thanks for the information. I am planning to place an order for 3 years. Is that okay or do I have to go for 4 years? Please help me out.

I think, 3 years is good enough

SyedNaqvi said:
Hi dks35,
did u receive any letter from INS, i also gave my interview at el monte office on 10/24/2005 and i was not approved for citizenship also, i was given a letter saying that my G325 pending. If i want to followup on my case what should i do? can you also tell me that did your interviewer returned your green card to you or not? my interviewer never returned my green card, now I was wondering that If I have to travel how am I going to travel when I don't have any official document with me to travel.

My timeline

PD : 06/11/05
FP : 07/26/05
Int : 10/24/05

Hello SyedNaqvi,
To answer your question - I have not heard from INS in the 2 weeks since my interveiw. Actually, I took some time off to travel and see my family abroad. From reading on this forum background investigation can take from 1 month to 3 years (hope, the former, not the latter!). I was told by the interviewing officer that backgd invest. will tak 90-120 days. I will wait 120 days and then see what further steps I can take to speed things up.
Good luck to everybody

Wolfpac said:

i requested my tax transcripts back to 1998 on the phone with IRS.

Update !!!!

Hello all

Any update from LA DO " downtown", or anyone with timelime like me .I am still waiting for my interview letter.

I wish the best to all of us...

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr LA said:
Hello all

Any update from LA DO " downtown", or anyone with timelime like me .I am still waiting for my interview letter.

hello Mr LA,
would you mind posting your nationality? I am wondering why your interview letter has not arrived. do you think it may have something to do with your country of birth/citizenship. thanks.

Mr LA said:
Hello all

Mr. LA,

I am also still waiting ... I was told that Santa Ana takes more time. Are you also in the Santa Ana zone?

============
N-400 mailed - 7/27/05
N-400 received - 7/28/05
Priority Date - 7/28/05
Notice Date - 8/9/05
Finger Print Notice Date - 8/12/05
Finger Print Date - 8/26/05
Interview Date - No date yet

ladude said:
Mr. LA,

I am also still waiting ... I was told that Santa Ana takes more time. Are you also in the Santa Ana zone?

============
N-400 mailed - 7/27/05
N-400 received - 7/28/05
Priority Date - 7/28/05
Notice Date - 8/9/05
Interview Date - No date yet

Hello Ladude...

My DO is Los Angeles " Downtown" ... i live in South bay ....

dks35 said:
hello Mr LA,
would you mind posting your nationality? I am wondering why your interview letter has not arrived. do you think it may have something to do with your country of birth/citizenship. thanks.

Hello Dks35,
i am like you still wondering why i did not get my interview letter.... but what can i do, i have a lawyer with me on the phone 24/7 .... he advised me to wait till Jan, he knows where i am from orig, and what does it cause this Delay... i wish INS do their work fast.. what i could do is wait and check my mail box everyday, and never let this get into me and my life... i wish the best to all of us

Mr LA said:
Hello Dks35,
i am like you still wondering why i did not get my interview letter.... but what can i do, i have a lawyer with me on the phone 24/7 .... he advised me to wait till Jan, he knows where i am from orig, and what does it cause this Delay... i wish INS do their work fast.. what i could do is wait and check my mail box everyday, and never let this get into me and my life... i wish the best to all of us

i remember you said you would take an infopass appointment to your DO. did you do that? if so, any info?

ocworker said:
i remember you said you would take an infopass appointment to your DO. did you do that? if so, any info?

hello ocworker,

i got that infopass, and the kid "officer" did not know anything, he said to come back in Jan, so, i will wait ... that is the only thing i can do for NOW

DMV Record

My interview date is December 21st and I was wondering if they always ask for DMV Record. I had two driving tickets. The first ticket was in 1998 for driving through a school bus that has its red lights flashing on. I went to traffic school for that after paying the ticket. The other ticket was in 1999 for speeding over the speed limit. I also paid this ticket.

Wolfpac said:
My interview date is December 21st and I was wondering if they always ask for DMV Record. I had two driving tickets. The first ticket was in 1998 for driving through a school bus that has its red lights flashing on. I went to traffic school for that after paying the ticket. The other ticket was in 1999 for speeding over the speed limit. I also paid this ticket.

i got 3 tickets in past 5-7 yrs. i got all my DMV records and proof of the payment.. however the interview officer did not even ask me any thing about the tickets. I must have overprepared but i guess it did not hurt for my case.

Ins Interview

I will be attending an interview for my citizenship on 12/21/2005 at El Monte. Please I was wondering on the outcome after the INS interviewer approve your application. Do you wait for the oath letter to arrive in the mail or do they give you the oath letter after the successfully passing the interview. If you have to wait for it in the mail, how long does it take for one to get the oath letter. Thanks.

Wolfpac said:
I will be attending an interview for my citizenship on 12/21/2005 at El Monte. Please I was wondering on the outcome after the INS interviewer approve your application. Do you wait for the oath letter to arrive in the mail or do they give you the oath letter after the successfully passing the interview. If you have to wait for it in the mail, how long does it take for one to get the oath letter. Thanks.
You will propbably get the oath letter right away if the next citizenship cermony date in your district office is less than 2 week. If you are approved you will get your oath letter in 10 business day. This was the case with my application in los angeles

Today, USCIS online status is updated (only date is changed), the app status changed to unavailable, so I must be getting my interview letter soon...

============
N-400 mailed - 7/27/05
N-400 received - 7/28/05
Priority Date - 7/28/05
Notice Date - 8/9/05
App status changed to unavailable: 11/18/05
Interview date: Not availabe yet

ladude said:
Today, USCIS online status is updated (only date is changed), the app status changed to unavailable, so I must be getting my interview letter soon...

============
N-400 mailed - 7/27/05
N-400 received - 7/28/05
Priority Date - 7/28/05
Notice Date - 8/9/05
App status changed to unavailable: 11/18/05
Interview date: Not availabe yet

Hello Ladude,

Mine too, it does say

"The status for this Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the National Customer Service Center. "

I wish the best to all of us... :)

Mr LA said:
Hello Ladude,

Mine too, it does say

"The status for this Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the National Customer Service Center. "

I wish the best to all of us... :)
Here is the case,
when the service center mails the notice out, they update the system. therefore, you should get your notice today or tomorrow. After that, the district office never update the system thereafter.
sOnY