Here is my timeline.

Date N400 sent: August 25th
INS Received: August 26th
Priority Date: August 28th
FP Notice Date: September 7th
FP Date: September 22nd
Interview Date: Unknown
Oath Date: Unknown

Please can someone give me his or her best estimate when I will get the notice for interview. How is the interview being conducted? I need this information so that I can get ready.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wolfpac said:
Here is my timeline.

Please can someone give me his or her best estimate when I will get the notice for interview. How is the interview being conducted? I need this information so that I can get ready.

i would guess your interview would be around Dec / Jan. From posts, seem there is around 3 months time lag between FP and actual interview date.

Wolfpac said:
Here is my timeline.

Hello Wolfpac,
Welcome to the family :))

queston about oath letter

My oath letter mentions about to bring "any other immigraton documents".

I wonder what else are classified as "any other immigration documents"?

i only have a green card.. no reentry document..

any ideas?

ocworker said:
My oath letter mentions about to bring "any other immigraton documents".

I wonder what else are classified as "any other immigration documents"?

i only have a green card.. no reentry document..

any ideas?

You will only need your green card. :)

USC Time line

Here are my timelines. applied for citizenship after 3 years based on marraige.

Application date: May 18, 2005
FP notice: Jun 2nd, 2005
FP: July 07, 2005
Interview: Sep 27, 2005
Oath: unknown

high009 said:
Here are my timelines. applied for citizenship after 3 years based on marraige.

Application date: May 18, 2005
FP notice: Jun 2nd, 2005
FP: July 07, 2005
Interview: Sep 27, 2005
Oath: unknown

did you get the form saying they recomment your case (approved)?

High009

How was the interview? Please can you give me the details of your interview,the type of questions that was asked, the length of the interview and the venue.

Don't worry about the oath letter. You will get in due course.

Wolfpac said:
High009

How was the interview? Please can you give me the details of your interview,the type of questions that was asked, the length of the interview and the venue.

Don't worry about the oath letter. You will get in due course.

The interviewer was very cranky and upset from the start. I went to El Monte office,CA and waited for 3 hours to be called. I would sugesst to go at least 2 hours earlier than your appt plust thier is no queue of applicant based on the time at thier application letter. The intervirewer officer told me to lets finish it quiclky since there are lot of cases to deal with but it took 25 minutes to done with the interview. He asked only 3 history questions one writing sentense. history question were : who is our president, branches of our govt. what is the voting age. Not to scare any one but the interviewee started to ask me quesitions about my not registerting with selective services, and that took most of the time. I explained to him that i was not aware of it but he kept insisting that this is not the answer and told me that i am not telling the truth. In response, I told him that i am under the oat and not lying. Saying that made him quite. so remember to remind your interviewer officer that your are under the oath and how could you lie if you need to convience plus you should not lie that will make thing comlicated. Then he dicussed my application, taxes, and all other questions from n-400. at the end I signed my n-400 and he told me that he is going to recommend me for citizenship approval and wait for 2-3 month for oath. Other important thing from interview i learned is to keep the answer short and do not argue with the authority; while giving me the the approval paper the interviewer asked me if i have any question. I asked him to tell me if my finger print and name check has arrived and every thing is complete. In response, he said it is but also since he was upset snatched the approval sheet from me and told me that he could continue my case in pending state if I am not happy with his decision. I was just shocked and apologized to him. Thank God it was over but since then I have been thinking why would he ask me if i have any questions and then get upset. Any way good look to ever one with thier interviews. Also, all history questions are from the INS sample question list, so no worry there.

high009 said:
The interviewer was very cranky and upset from the start. I went to El Monte office,CA and waited for 3 hours to be called. I would sugesst to go at least 2 hours earlier than your appt plust thier is no queue of applicant based on the time at thier application letter. The intervirewer officer told me to lets finish it quiclky since there are lot of cases to deal with but it took 25 minutes to done with the interview. He asked only 3 history questions one writing sentense. history question were : who is our president, branches of our govt. what is the voting age. Not to scare any one but the interviewee started to ask me quesitions about my not registerting with selective services, and that took most of the time. I explained to him that i was not aware of it but he kept insisting that this is not the answer and told me that i am not telling the truth. In response, I told him that i am under the oat and not lying. Saying that made him quite. so remember to remind your interviewer officer that your are under the oath and how could you lie if you need to convience plus you should not lie that will make thing comlicated. Then he dicussed my application, taxes, and all other questions from n-400. at the end I signed my n-400 and he told me that he is going to recommend me for citizenship approval and wait for 2-3 month for oath. Other important thing from interview i learned is to keep the answer short and do not argue with the authority; while giving me the the approval paper the interviewer asked me if i have any question. I asked him to tell me if my finger print and name check has arrived and every thing is complete. In response, he said it is but also since he was upset snatched the approval sheet from me and told me that he could continue my case in pending state if I am not happy with his decision. I was just shocked and apologized to him. Thank God it was over but since then I have been thinking why would he ask me if i have any questions and then get upset. Any way good look to ever one with thier interviews. Also, all history questions are from the INS sample question list, so no worry there.

i guess it is just a standard way to finishing up the interview by saying "do you have any questions". may be he did not really want to have any questions asked :p

anyway, i would not ask anything if i would get the approval notice at the same day of the interview.

good luck.. since you said he told you would be getting it in 2-3 months, may be you would get it before xmas :)

high009 said:

Hello high009,
Congratulation man..... i wish you the good luck :) ....

Ps, people have bad days something… so maybe he had a bad day, or his boss yell at him ;)

Kavitha_Sharma said:
timeline in LA:

Priority date: 8/02/05
Fingerprinting: 9/02/05
Interview: 12/05/05

Kavitha

Hello Kavitha,

When did u receive your Interview letter?

Kavitha

Hi Kavitha - wonder you PD is 08/02 or 07/02? I read your post and it seems that your timeline should be one month ahead of me and pretty much close to Mr. LA...

Please advise and good luck.

-fchan100-