Los Angeles, CA - N-400 Timeline

Kabaca and Tracer,
I JUST RECEIVED MY OATH LETTER TODAYYYYYY!!!!!!:D
I interviewed last Tuesday, Nov 10th. My oath is on the 3rd of December at Quiet Cannon at 11am. Check your mailboxes tonight! hope you received one too!!!!!!!!!:D

WaaaW, Congratulations , I'm very happy for you, so you can have your travel plans completed.

I hope I'll receive mine & my wife's in the mail soon

name change

Pingz82
I did not request a name change..... my letter was sent out the 12th, two days after the interview. Figure also that Wed was a holiday.
I am sure you will receive yours soon for the 3rd also.... on that day 2700 people are sworn in at Quiet Cannon.....
Good Luck and Hope to see you there!

WaaaW, Congratulations , I'm very happy for you, so you can have your travel plans completed.

I hope I'll receive mine & my wife's in the mail soon

Thank you Kabaca71!
I was really hoping for an early Christmas present from INS!!!! I hope you will receive your letters too! Wed 11/11 was a holiday so maybe not all letters went out on the 12th like mine.....
I will keep my fingers crossed for you :D:D:D

congratulations jack! :D

Passed the interview:

Interview time : 02:15 PM , I went there only by 02:30 PM due to traffic.

I was called by 03:00 PM , It was pretty fast. The lady who interviewed me, apologized for the late interview. The whole process was done in 8 to 10 min.

She asked only the GC & Drivers License. Never asked any documents or passports. i mentioned about my driving ticket which i got in 1997 , she is least bothered. She was in a hurry.

She asked the following questions :

1) How many senators
2) who is the vice president
3) How many amendments
4) Why colonists came to USA?
5) Highest court in USA?
6) Supreme court justice..

Reading : which state is most populated?
writing : California has the most people.

After six questions , she stopped & asked me to sign two or three documents.

About oath : i asked her can i attend Nov 18,2009 .. she smiled and said all the slots are filled till the first week of December '2009 . She mentioned that i will get oath letter during first week of December '2009 for December 18 oath . Hope it happens.

Thanks for everyone who helped in answering my silly questions .
Best of luck for those who r waiting for the interviews.

that was really fast italianchick =) i'm so happy for you! you'll definitely be able to get your passport in time for your trip. i'm hoping we can get into the december 3rd ceremony too!

Kabaca and Tracer,
I JUST RECEIVED MY OATH LETTER TODAYYYYYY!!!!!!:D
I interviewed last Tuesday, Nov 10th. My oath is on the 3rd of December at Quiet Cannon at 11am. Check your mailboxes tonight! hope you received one too!!!!!!!!!:D

hi pingz82,

my interview was also on 11/12 and i requested a name change. i was wondering the same too. i'll keep you posted! :D

ItalianChick,
Did you request for a name change?

My interview was on 11/12. and I requested a name change. I wonder if this will cause a delay for oath.

Did anyone at LA DO request a name change during interview?

Hi all,
I received my Oath letter today, it is on 12/03/09. Wow, the process is sooooo quick. Hopefully, all you guys will get your letter soon.

update my case
Los Angeles
08/10/2009 sent application
08/21/2009 Received NOA
08/29/2009 Received FP notice
09/03/2009 FP appointment
09/03/2009 FP done
09/14/2009 case was sent to local office for standard interview
09/17/2009 Received IL
11/10/2009 ID
11/10/2009 Interview pass
11/16/2009 received oath letter
12/03/2009 oath ceremony :) :)

congrats fuller!!!

keeping my fingers crossed that we'll get ours soon :D

Hi all,
I received my Oath letter today, it is on 12/03/09. Wow, the process is sooooo quick. Hopefully, all you guys will get your letter soon.

update my case
Los Angeles
08/10/2009 sent application
08/21/2009 Received NOA
08/29/2009 Received FP notice
09/03/2009 FP appointment
09/03/2009 FP done
09/14/2009 case was sent to local office for standard interview
09/17/2009 Received IL
11/10/2009 ID
11/10/2009 Interview pass

Hi everyone, it's my turn now

Hi everyone,

I'm a long time reader of this forum and I congratulate to all of you who are so successful and so passionate in helping others.

Here's my own N-400 time line, starting today:

Los Angeles
11/17/09: Application sent to Phoenix, AZ

Thank you and God bless you all.

:D

Interview Date: October 7th with congratulations and recommendation for approval by IO
I haven't yet received the oath letter and was thinking of sending a letter(inquiry) to the IO officer who interview me (her name can be found on the interview results form n652) to find out what's going on? What do you guys think? or should I just make an info pass appointment. Told IO during interview that I had a speeding ticket but she didn't bother to ask me any paper to prove I paid the fine. She just wrote down the information (Date, city where I got the ticket)and told me that she was recommending me for approval and I should be receiving my oath letter in less than 90 days. thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all,
update my case
Los Angeles

Hi ItalianChick & fuller,

Which cities you guys live in ? , I have not recieved my OL yet and wonder if the city of residence within the LA DO area will determine which Oath Date/Place you will get , do you live near the place for the 12/03 Oath day ?

Which cities you guys live in ? , I have not recieved my OL yet and wonder if the city of residence within the LA DO area will determine which Oath Date/Place you will get , do you live near the place for the 12/03 Oath day ?

Kabaca71,
I live in Santa Monica but the Oath is in Montebello. Staples Center is geographically closer to me than Montebello. So I don't think the city matters. What I think matters is the fact that both you and your wife are applying and I don't know if that makes a difference. I don't know if Fuller is naturalizing on his own too. I have heard that they wait till they have enough people to fill all ceremonies, when I always thought the wait was to find an empty space.

I am living in Torrance. Don't worry. You will receive your Oath letter soooon.:) As Italianchick mentioned I am naturalizing on my own.

By the way, the IO who also graduated from UCLA like me. Does this matter? LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Kabaca71:

You have been so nice in sharing the info with us and I'd like to know where do you get the oath ceremony schedule from?

Is it on the USCIS website somewhere?

Please kindly advice.

Thanks a lot
:)

Thank you jackinthe and Kabaca71.

I requested name change too, so I wonder if my oath ceremony will be scheduled at the US District Court only ? It schedules only 75 applicants at a time, according to the link given.

Did anyone request name change but have oath ceremony somewhere else other than the US District Court ?

You need a judge present during your oath if you requested a name change. I believe all oath ceremonies at LA will have a judge present. So it's doesn't matter where you'll be having your oath.

Received my Oath Letter today

I am living in Torrance. Don't worry. You will receive your Oath letter soooon.:) As Italianchick mentioned I am naturalizing on my own.

By the way, the IO who also graduated from UCLA like me. Does this matter? LOL

Yahoooo , Just received my Oath Letter today in the mail , for Dec 3rd @ 01:00 PM :)

Still waiting for my wife's OL, hope it will be same day

Wish you guys all the best