Los Angeles, CA - N-400 Timeline

Dear 485486,

thank you for replying. My parents went through the process couple of months ago. They were interviewed in September (15th and 18th) and they got their oath letters for Oct. 29th(Santa Ana office). I was reading the posts of other people and saw that they were getting their letters so quickly so I got concerned that something is wrong with my case: ( I will update you on what happens tomorrow. Take care : )

I just got my letter in the mail. They scheduled me for Dec. 18. I'm really happy but sad at the same time. We will see if I can work on moving the date tomorrow during my infopass.

Best option is take a info pass or you can do directly to the office and give a requisition letter to lady @ window 51 and pass it to the interview officer who interviewed your wife. You can Know Officer’s name in N-652.

Yesterday, I went with my wife for an infopass to check on her Oath Letter, and the lady told me that she has not been scheduled for Oath date yet, but her application is already approved.

She said, may be there are no places left on the Dec 3rd Oath date, and I told her that some people who was interviewd after my wife already got the Dec 3rd oath date, she could not reply, and told me may be she will be in the next one Dec 18th.

Do you guys know of anyone who was interviewed between 11/10 and 11/17 and did not get his/her Oath letter yet ??

What else can I do to know the real reason for that delay ??

Thanks

Dear all,

I had my infopass meeting this morning and I was not able to reschedule the ceremony for an earlier date. The officer was really nice but she said there is nothing that she can do.I will have to postpone it until I come back from my trip. Good luck to everyone.

waiting for Oath letter

Hi all,

I would like to check how long we have to wait in LA area to get the Oath letter.

Here is my case:
Interview date: 11/17, passed. still waiting

Hi all,

I would like to check how long we have to wait in LA area to get the Oath letter.

Here is my case:
Interview date: 11/17, passed. still waiting

I had my interview on 11/10 @ 10:00 AM and got my oath letter on 11/20 for Dec 3rd Oath

While for my wife her interview was on 11/10 @ 02:15 PM (same day as mine)and till now she did not received her oath letter yet

Did you have your interview in the afternoon ??

Anyone was interviewed on 11/10 on the 2nd Floor

Hi Guys,

Does anyone here in this thread was interviewed in the Los Angeles DO, on 11/10 in the afternoon around 02:30 PM in the 2nd floor not in the 6th floor

I got an email from another member here replying to my previous post that his wife also was interviewed on 11/10 @ 02:30 PM in the 2nd floor as my wife and she did not get her Oath letter yet, while he was interiewed on 11/12 and got his Oath date for Dec 3rd @ 11:00 AM

Would appreciate if anyone have similar case to post, Thanks

Don't hesitate to schedule an infopass appointment! It helped me a lot

Had interview on Oct 7th at the Los Angeles District Office in Downtown. Was recommended for approval and told to expect the Oath letter (OL) in two to three weeks. Tired of waiting, made an info pass appointment for November 24th at which I was told that my file was mistakenly routed to a wrong office. The IO I met that day told me if I didn't come in, my file could have stayed in that office until I come in for inquiry. My file was pulled in front of me and I was asked to go the 6th Floor where after review of my file by a supervisor, I was told to expect my OL in a couple of days. I finally received the OL on November 30th for a December 18th oath Ceremony. Bottom line, if you've been recommended for approval after interview, set up an infopass appointment if you don't hear from the USCIS one month after the interview.
Very happy that I'm done with the INS once and for all

A Proud USC as of Dec 3rd @ 01:30 PM

Finally, my trip to the land of citizenship has been completed and I'm now a proud USC as of Dec 3rd @ 01:30 PM.

My Oath Cermony was @ the Quiet Cannon Center in Los Angeles @ 01:00 PM

Arrived there around 12:15 PM, the line was already a mile long, all 700 persons to attend , and around 12:45 PM the line started to move quickly, and have to check-in to validate my Oath letter and questions and being assigned a Table-No to receive my Certificate after Oath, and also give my GC

By 01:30 PM, everyone were seated and waiting for the cermony to start

Around 01:40 PM, The Judge started and we all stood up to take the Oath, then some words from the Judge and the USCIS Rep and then we let go to another lines to take the certificate, and was out by 02:10 PM

I'm so happy that my trip to the land of citizenship has been successfully completed, and NOW I'm ready to enjoy my stay :):):)

Thanks everone for this helpful forum, and best wishes to all of you who are still in the process

Last edited by a moderator:
I started to get worry, as we have not received my wife's OL till now, she was interviewed same day 11/10 and I was expecting to receive her OL same day when I received mine 11/20 - Any advice ??

Another good news today, my wife just got her Oath Letter in the mail for Dec 18th Oath date , she told me by phone just after I became a USC

Good Luck to everyone

Fingerprint locations?

Hi all,

My fingerprint notice is coming out soon (based on USCIS's online status).

My question is: must I go to the ASC stated on the notice ? Or can I go to anyone of the ASC in my region ?

I live in the middle of the South El Monte ASC (a bit further) and the Pomona ASC (a bit closer).

So can I just go to either one ? Or must I go to the one stated on the notice?

Thanks a lot guys.

PEACE !

Hi all,

My fingerprint notice is coming out soon (based on USCIS's online status).

My question is: must I go to the ASC stated on the notice ? Or can I go to anyone of the ASC in my region ?

I live in the middle of the South El Monte ASC (a bit further) and the Pomona ASC (a bit closer).

So can I just go to either one ? Or must I go to the one stated on the notice?

Thanks a lot guys.

PEACE !

Interesting....I live in Temple City and they they've been sending me to the El Monte site everytime. Well...I hope you get it figured out =)