Los Angeles, CA - N-400 Timeline

To w124,

Of course you will be sent to the South El Monte ASC because of the very close proximity with Temple City.

I'm smacked right in the middle. :p

A friend of mine, living in Upland, was sent to the Riverside ASC.

Oh well, it ain't matter that much anyway.

Just wanted to have something to chew on while waiting...

and waiting...

zzz

Name Change -Delays at LA DO

Hi,
I am about to submit my N400 from the Los Angeles DO. I am on the fence about asking for a name change (addition of one alphabet). I have read about several months of delays in Oath when one is requested. What is the experience in the Los Angeles DO? by how many days is Oath delayed due to name change?

Also I use a mailbox place (which has someone who signs for all certified mail and packages). Has anyone used this for N400 and had issues?

Ardaviraf

i requested a name change and it didn't cause me any delays. my priority date was 8/11/2009 and i took the oath on 12/3. over all, it was a very pleasant experience, and very fast and efficient too!

good luck to all! :)

I requested name change on the application.

And so far, my application process is smooth, predictable, and comparable to other recent timelines posted on this forum.
:D

Anyone with Dec 18th @ 09:00 AM Oath date

Hi Guys,

Just checking if are there anyone here beside my wife and another member's wife received their Oath Letter for Dec 18th Oath date in LACC @ 09:00 AM, there should be 6000 persons taking the oath during this session and another 6000 @ 02:00 PM

Fingerprint done before the appointment?

Hi guys,

How did you guys manage to do fingerprint before the appointment
date?

Today I received the FP notice and went to the South El Monte ASC, but I was turned down by the door man and was told to come back on the appointed
date and time.

So I really wonder how did you guys get it done ?

:(

Hi Jwong2010,

They also did the same to me (South El Monte ASC), then i went to Gardena center based on "tracer" advise and finished the FP.

CONTACT INFORMATION :
The Application Support Center that serves your area is located in Gardena, CA.

The address is:

USCIS Application Support Center

15715 Crenshaw Boulevard

Room B-112

Gardena, CA 90249-4500.
Office Hours and Directions
OFFICE HOURS:

This office provides services to the general public by appointment from 8:00AM to 4:00PM, Monday through Friday.

Thanks

Hi guys,

How did you guys manage to do fingerprint before the appointment
date?

Today I received the FP notice and went to the South El Monte ASC, but I was turned down by the door man and was told to come back on the appointed
date and time.

So I really wonder how did you guys get it done ?

Hi jackinthe,

Both the door man (perhaps it's the same guy you faced) and my lawyer's office told me directly that I cannot do FP at other ASC office because the FP will be voided.

But both you and tracer have done exactly just that.

So now I am in a dilemma.

Has someone out there had their FP voided because it was done at an ASC other than the appointed one?

Tracer & Jackinthe:

Hi again, quick question: when you guys went to the Gardena ASC, did you go there in the morning or afternoon?

Do you have to provide them with a reason why you wanted to do it before the appointed date?

How friendly is the staff over there?

Thanks a million guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
More Dates for Oath Cermony in Los Angeles

Hi Guys,

Here are some new dates for coming Oath Cermonies in L.A.

December 18, 2009 (Fri.) LACC* 6,000 9:00 a.m. My wife is going to this one
December 18, 2009 (Fri.) LACC* 6,000 2:00 p.m.

January 08, 2010 (Fri.) LACC* 6,000 9:00 a.m.
January 08, 2010 (Fri.) LACC* 6,000 2:00 p.m.
January 21, 2010 (Thu.) U.S.D.C. (L.A.) 75 1:30 p.m.

February 05, 2010 (Fri.) Quiet Cannon** 900 9:00 a.m.
February 05, 2010 (Fri.) Quiet Cannon** 900 11:00 a.m.
February 05, 2010 (Fri.) Quiet Cannon** 900 2:00 p.m.
February 19, 2010 (Fri.) Fairplex*** 3,500 9:00 a.m.
February 19, 2010 (Fri.) Fairplex*** 3,500 1:30 p.m.

i went like a week before date on fp appoinmet and had no problem ,I even forgot my greencard and the guard let me go in with driver licence only!
I went to the one on pico and fairfax on LA.

You can go anytime . They won't ask any questions. As long as you have the FP letter, GC & Driver's license. You should be fine.
Your lawyer seems to funny, making you scary. You can take fingerprint at any ASC . Once you are done, it will be transmitted on the sameday to FBI .

Hi jackinthe,

Both the door man (perhaps it's the same guy you faced) and my lawyer's office told me directly that I cannot do FP at other ASC office because the FP will be voided.

But both you and tracer have done exactly just that.

So now I am in a dilemma.

Has someone out there had their FP voided because it was done at an ASC other than the appointed one?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi toneto:

Were you assigned to go to the Fairfax ASC in the first place?

Or were you assigned somewhere else but you elected to go to
the Fairfax ASC on your own?

:p

hi jwong2010,

so did you take your FP? jackinthe is correct, you should be fine. the people in the gardena asc are particularly nice and friendly. it didn't take that much time at all. i went in at around 2pm and there were about 2 other people there waiting to get their FP done so it was not busy at all. just bring all the necessary documents with you (i.e. FP letter, DL and green card). Oh, and leave your cell phone in your car, they do not allow it inside the building. please let us know how it went. good luck!

Hi Tracer:

Thanks so much for your input.

My dilemma is that: I really want to try my luck at the Gardena ASC;
but at the same time I do not want to deliberately disobey my lawyer's
advice.

If somehow my lawyer's threat is true (meaning my FP will be voided),
and I mess things up, I would also ruin his reputation too (USCIS may
accuse him of giving me bad advice).

You and jackinthe filed without lawyers, I presume. So I further presume
that you guys had much more "free space" to play around.

But my case was filed with the lawyer's name and reputation....

So...if I really decide to try, I will definitely let you guys know how
it goes.

Hi Tracer:

We are on the same (but opposite side) boat. :D

Now you're filing GC papers for your hubby.

After I'm done with N-400, I'll be filing GC for my wiffy.

ha ha

;)

yes I was assigned there ,but lawyer daid was ok to go before,it took no more than 10 min.walkin,there were about 4 people for a plce designed to get over 60 people,I do not understand why they dont let you doit there,you may try at a different hour,so there is adifferent door man.the worst thing if your fears are true is that they send you a new fp probably 0000000000.1% due to going to a different place.