Los Angeles, CA - N-400 Timeline

Hi Feliz-LA,

Congrats on your oath letter!!

I got the same N-652 today, passed English/Civic test, but Background Check pending. I know it's not my name check ot FP, because I got many times confirmed that my name check and FP has been cleared by different IOs. I asked the interview officer what kind of check that was, she said that's something they will run this week, I wonder what that could be.

Did you get recommand approval right away? Mine is "decision can not be made", feel a little disppointed, but after that long waiting, I didn't feel that annoyed.

I am thinking i got "fbi pending" at interview because my case wasn't straightforward (and first case was denied) so it needed some kind of review by superviser before approval. Or may be some officers like to review it extra time before deciding, who knows.

I'm so happy when i see a OL in my mailbox.
I just have received it today. On the OL, it shows dated as May 27,09 when i called IO. The oath date is 06/26, but it asks me to promptly be there at 8AM while oath ceremony is 9am. Is there anyone have same time as mine?
I might think calling might trigger "event" that they put my case process faster.
Is
Thank you.

To Feliz-LA, have you received OL yet ? cause you called same date with me
I did! Was so excited that i forgot to check the time :) i wil look tonight :)

I think our "trigger-call "theory is rather true then not :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Feliz, I also have GREAT news!!!I called USCIS today and the 2nd Level Officer told me that my application for Naturalization (N-400) was approved last Thursday, May 28th, 2009. I had called in on Wednesday May 27th. I am begining to think just like you guys that sometimes calling does indeed help. He further told me that the application had to be reconfirmed by the Interviewing Officer's supervisor and that once that happens I will then be issued an Oath Date. I hope that I can make it to the June 26th ceremony but if not he said that I would get a July date for sure. He also said that he knew exactly what I was going through!!!

can any one post the link to see the current processing times for los angeles area? do we need to look at Field Office of los angeles area or phoneix,AZ (becasue the application was sent to phoenix field office?)

He further told me that the application had to be reconfirmed by the Interviewing Officer's supervisor and that once that happens I will then be issued an Oath Date.

Awesome! :D As I though we were delayed because our cases weren't straightforward and needed extra review before approval, but in the end it will all work out I am sure! I think you should call in couple days again!

can any one post the link to see the current processing times for los angeles area? do we need to look at Field Office of los angeles area or phoneix,AZ (becasue the application was sent to phoenix field office?)

official website is still useless, just watch people's signatures, especially ones who has Priority Date couple weeks before and after yours.

for me from PD to OD it was total = 147 days or 4 months, 27 days = rounded 5 months,
but if my case was simple - I would have probably gotten May 28 date, making it 118 days or 3 months, 28 days = less then 4 month. so I don't think new applicants with simple cases should worry about speed at all.

Like Feliz mentioned, it is ballparking around 4-6 months from submit to oath for a standard case. Sometimes I wonder if the information on the USCIS site is just there to get additional funding for virtual backlogs.

Sometimes I wonder if the information on the USCIS site is just there to get additional funding for virtual backlogs.
The posted dates on USCIS website are based on goals rather than real time processing. They only give a loose indication of how long processing is taking at any particular DO.

Does anyone know what happens if I am scheduled to be out of the country on my Oath day? I went on a website to see ceremony dates (http://www.cacd.uscourts.gov/Cacd/G...4e345f626837d38788256815005aa932?OpenDocument).
If my application is approved, the OD is most likely going to be August 28th. I won't be here, as I have to go to my mother-in laws wedding at home, which was planned about 8 months ahead. Can I reschedule my OD?

Sent N-400 04/01/09 to Phoenix address
PD: 04/02/09
FP: 05/16/09
IL: 05/27/09
ID: 07/22/09
OL:?
OD:?

Does anyone know what happens if I am scheduled to be out of the country on my Oath day? I went on a website to see ceremony dates (http://www.cacd.uscourts.gov/Cacd/G...4e345f626837d38788256815005aa932?OpenDocument).
If my application is approved, the OD is most likely going to be August 28th. I won't be here, as I have to go to my mother-in laws wedding at home, which was planned about 8 months ahead. Can I reschedule my OD?

Yes you can, dont worry, my OD clearly states such option.

Could you please copy- and paste ur timeline to ur signature?

My N-400 is mailed to Phoenix ,AZ
5/23/09: N400 Mailed Phoenix,AZ
5/26/09: N-400 Received
06/01/09: Check cashed
06/04/09: NOA receiced
06/8/09: FP letter
06/19/09: FP appointment
07/08/09: IL received
08/31/09: ID Paased INterview today(08/31/2009 )
09/15/09: Oath Letter Received
09/25/09: Oath Date

Thank you Feliz!

One more question- when do they take away my Green card? At the interview or at the oath ceremony?

Also, I am not sure what timeline (other than the one I'd posted) and signature I should copy and paste. Could you please clarify?

I also got my OD on 6/26. It did run faster than my expectation to conclude the entire process in 4+ months.

when do they take away my Green card? At the interview or at the oath ceremony?

They take the green card at the start of the oath ceremony. Huge bins of GCs for the LA ceremonies.

Congrats oc218. What took you so long? lol.

Thank you sri69!

Hi Guys,

My wife and I had applied on the same date, and we had received the finger print notice, etc - at the same time.

Now, my wife had received her interview letter (Interview Date 7/27/09), and I haven't received mine.

Is there a way, I can contact the Officer, instead of the voice recording, and enquire about my case?

If so, could you please give me the idea of how to reach the IO. Do I have to call the same number - (800.375.5283)?

Please let me know

Thanks
Tejas

Now, my wife had received her interview letter (Interview Date 7/27/09), and I haven't received mine.

I wouldn't sweat it yet for at least a week or two. You might frustrate yourself into oblivion trying to get through on the telephone (without making up some false story) to get to a 2nd level IO.

Not receiving the FP, interview and oath letters at the same time is a common occurrence.

If it is really driving you nuts, then your best bet may be to schedule a local INFOPASS appointment from the USCIS website. Otherwise, just sit back, grab a drink and wait it out for a week or two.

Hope your docs arrive soon.