Likey Mumbai CP Interview in April, May, June -2004

Query regarding Employment letter

Hello Everyone,

I was just going through the forum and found some links where people have mentioned about some format for the employment letter.

My questions for you guys is that,

1.Is there a fixed format in which the employment letter should be typed in?

2.If not what are the things that need to be included on there?

I would really appreciate it if someone could mention the things to be included on the employment letter.Cause I think by far this is the most important document during the CP interview right?

Regards,

Raj

raj1305 said:
Hello Everyone,

I was just going through the forum and found some links where people have mentioned about some format for the employment letter.

My questions for you guys is that,

1.Is there a fixed format in which the employment letter should be typed in?

2.If not what are the things that need to be included on there?

I would really appreciate it if someone could mention the things to be included on the employment letter.Cause I think by far this is the most important document during the CP interview right?

Regards,

Raj

There is no fixed format for this employment verification letter. Some of
the main points are:

* It needs to be on the company letter head.

* It should confirm that they are offering you the position as mentioned
in the LC

* They should confirm that you would be paid the salary as mentioned
in the LC or your current salary if it is more than the LC salary.

* They shoud confirm that the position is permanent in nature.

* The letter should be notarised.

* Addressed to the 'The Consulate General of United States' xxxxx Consulate.

Research the forum and you would find several proformas.

Raju

Sorry for such a last minute query. I hope I am not in trouble. What is IRS 9003 form. I read about it in Tapasvi's list of documents.

Thanks.

ash:

It is not a problem. Next time when you travel international, just show your green card/ i-551 stamp and tell the immigration officer that you have gc andhence the h-1b stamp should eb cancelled. The CO will put a "CWOP/ Cancelled without prejudice stamp" on your h-1b visa.

gcbad said:
Sorry for such a last minute query. I hope I am not in trouble. What is IRS 9003 form. I read about it in Tapasvi's list of documents.

Thanks.

The other name for this form is 'Sailing Permit' and is similar to an Income-tax
clearance certificate.

This is no longer required.

Raju

Clarification reg Photo Reqmnts

I need a quick clarification with regard to photo requirements. The issue is that there is an apparent contradiction between the standard photo reqmnts sent by the Mumbai Consulate in the P4 and what is stated on their website. While the P4 states a 'side posture', the Consulate website has a new page listed as 'New Photograph Requirements'. This clearly states that the photo must be a direct frontal shot -- "..applicant must face the camera directly in the photograph. No side or angled views are acceptable".
Heres the complete description :
http://usembassy.state.gov/mumbai/wwwhphotorequire.html

People who have recently completed interviews (April, May '04) -- could you please clarify? Amolnaik, Ash..??
My gut feeling is that the new requirement stands. Just want to be sure though.

Thanks!

our interview was on 3rd May and we were asked for side posture photos. Mind you this new requirement came up on the site later (I think).

topnotch said:
I need a quick clarification with regard to photo requirements. The issue is that there is an apparent contradiction between the standard photo reqmnts sent by the Mumbai Consulate in the P4 and what is stated on their website. While the P4 states a 'side posture', the Consulate website has a new page listed as 'New Photograph Requirements'. This clearly states that the photo must be a direct frontal shot -- "..applicant must face the camera directly in the photograph. No side or angled views are acceptable".
Heres the complete description :
http://usembassy.state.gov/mumbai/wwwhphotorequire.html

People who have recently completed interviews (April, May '04) -- could you please clarify? Amolnaik, Ash..??
My gut feeling is that the new requirement stands. Just want to be sure though.

Thanks!

This question comes up regularly. I think the side posture photos are "immigration" photos which are attached to the immigrant visa and green card. The application photos e.g. for medical tests etc. should have the frontal view. For some reason the consulate does not clarify this.

In short you need both sets of photos.

Hope this helps.

KAT02.

Ash,

We needed both set of photos as mentioned by KAT02. Frontals for Medicals and Side postures for Immigration visa.

I would suggest go with whatever is mentioned in the packet. If you have read my experience, there is a photographer inside the consulate hall. Therefore, even if there is a problem with respect to your photos, you can always get new snaps rightaway. Many ladies had problems with their side posture photos because of earrings and they had to take new snaps but this facility solved their problem :)

KAT02 & Amolnaik -- Thanks for the clarification!
Goodluck to alren & everyone else in June.....will let you all know of the outcome (positive hopefully).

Spouse’s possible surgery, looking to postpone Interview by a month

My (Cp@mumbai onwww.cptracker.com) I140 EB3 Case was sent to consulate on 4/30. My Case was entered on 5/21 (Consulate attendant said so). I think my interview would be around July.
My wife had to undergo a possible cyst surgery during the safe period of her pregnancy (16- 20 weeks).
Doctor advised us not to travel till the cyst is removed in end of July. She suggested us we can travel in late August.
After 20-30 mins of hassle with the Mumbai consulate telephone line, I was able to talk to an attendant.
He said that the interview dates are generated in the system and I could only reschedule the date when they have schedule the interview date for me.

I am a confused about this. Is it true we have to wait till they schedule the interview and then call them to reschedule?

Also when you ask to postpone the interview will they reschedule the date by a month. Or it generally gets delayed by 3-4 months?

I am trying to contact them by email but have not received a single response.

Hi Alren,

We are leaving on 15th as well. medical in breach candy on 17th. I was hoping to see couple of posting from other people who had their interviews in first 15 days of June.

I hope everything went well with those guys.

good luck to rest of us.

Gc bad.

alren said:
gcbad,

I sent you a PM ...

alren,
I can't send you a reply since it says your mail box is full and until you delete some messages it cannot acept new messages.

gcbad said:
alren,
I can't send you a reply since it says your mail box is full and until you delete some messages it cannot acept new messages.
sorry! I removed some msgs. Try now.

Alren,
Looks like everybody wants to see you like KD, gcbad and I don't know how many has sent PM ?

Question for you

How much min time you think should be given for the whole process starting from here till we come back ? I am thinking 7days including sat/sun

Last edited by a moderator: