Likey Mumbai CP Interview in April, May, June -2004

Bhai Log July Dates Are Out!!!!

Hello guys!!!!

The July dates are out!!!!

I had requested Mumbai to give me an interview date between 15th and 29th July and guess what they do? They gave me an appointment date on 29th July. Oh well I guess I should'nt complain atleast they honored my request.

So who else has dates in July ?

I have also started a new thread 'Mumbai Confirmed/Likely interview dates in July/August/September'.All fellow July CPers and future Cpers please join that thread ,Write in and lets compare notes on all the last minute things to look at.

Adios

Raj

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

My case details :

AC -140 case

I-140 - Approved 02/20/04

I-824 - Applied on 03/09/04

Sent the Packet III information to MUMBAI on 03/24/04.

Recieved BMB case# from Mumbai Consulate 04/05/04.

Mumbai ACI140 - CP - Interview date 07/29/04 :) !!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
raj1305 said:
I have also started a new thread 'Mumbai Confirmed/Likely interview dates in July/August/September'.All fellow July CPers and future Cpers please join that thread ,Write in and lets compare notes on all the last minute things to look at.

Adios

Raj

Where is your thread I cannot locate ?

Is my Interview date really postponed?

I had called and also emailed about postponing my interview date to August.
They replied back that they have cancelled the interview and hope to schedule in last week of August.
But I still see my interview date on the Mumbai embassy website?

Cp-query

Hi Dude!!

I was also expecting my interview date in June. I had to postpone it to July. I had written to them and they had replied back that they will fit it within my schedule.

So my number did not appear in June and now it did appear on the July list.

So would suggest call them up and ask them to reschedule the interview date to August and send another email also just to be on the safe side.

I dont think your date has been postponed yet.

Raj

RE: July Interview

Hi guys (raj, vm1214 and others),

I have my interview on July 26.

Booked tickets today morning - got a decent deal. $ 1,300 by Northwest (since I wanted to travel via. Amsterdam for no transit visa requirement) with 1:30 hour halt in Amsterdam. The Netherlands consulate clearly said "No transit Visa required for Indian citizens" when I called. Leaving on July 19 (monday) and returning on August 7 (saturday).

I 'll post my 'list of documents and things to take' by tomorrow. We can compare notes and help each other out.

Successful CP interview on 10th June

Guys,

First of all, sorry for posting my experience little late, I know some of the Cpers were waiting for people like me who had their interview before 15th to post experience. The reason behind was that I had to go twice (10th and 14th) to embassy, as my wife’s medical reports did not come on time. I had medical appointment on 8th at Lilavati, due to my wife’s pregnancy they could not take her x-ray and they had to do skin test for which one has to wait for 48 hrs before they can write a report, so we did not get her report before our interview and then embassy was close on Friday the 11th, so I had to wait till 14th the Monday to submit the report and wait for the result. Trust me guys, these were the longest 3 days of my life. Lesson for future CPers if any of you are going with a pregnant lady, keep more than 2 days between your interview and medicals.

Before I post anything more let me thank the God and the CP gurus on this forum who all helped me a lot and answered all my questions. Especially, kd, Raju, Alren and others.

Anyway, we had our medicals on 8th morning. We reached there at 8:00 AM, everything was smooth besides what I mentioned for my wife. I picked my report at 3PM, and they said that for my wife’s report, we will have to come after 489 hrs, which was after our interview on 10th morning.

We reached to embassy on 10th morning at 7:45 AM, the lady outside told me to go in right away. She told me that my wife will join me little later, So I requested her that she is pregnant and could not stand for too long, she let her join me. Once we reached inside, one lady collected the appointment letter and told us to sit before window 10. We waited for long time for someone to call our name for document collection. Our names were called at around 11:30 PM. The lady at counter 10 was the same person who I spoke to on the phone couple of times, she recognized my name right away.

She asked for following papers.

DS-230 part II (for both)
Birth Certificate copies (for both)
Marriage certificate copies (2 separate for both)
Original notarized employment letter
Original notarized I-134 for my wife
PCC (for both)
I-797(approval notices for H-1 and H-4) Original as our visa stamp on passport was expired

I hope I’m not missing anything…

After few minutes, we have been called on window 9 for interview. The consulate lady asked us to raise our hands for oath and the helper Indian guy gave us Ds-230 part II to sign. Tehn she immediately asked me that tell me about your job. So I started that my designation is xxxx and doing xxxx for my company. Before I finish she rudely interrupted me and asked me that what’s your qualification ? So I started saying that I’m a MBA and xxx. Again she interrupted me and asked me that how much salry my company will pay me ? So I replied that $xxx , which is very close to what mentioned in labor. Then she said that your wife’s medical is pending, is that right ? So I said, right. Then I asked her if she can do us favor and allow us to submit the report on the same afternoon. She said “No”, we will be closing in ½ hour, so you will have to come tomorrow morning. She gave our passports back and a standard form with a check mark against pending medical report. But they were closed on Friday 11th, So I had to go back on Monday 14th, to submit the report. I went again at 7:30 in the morning on 14th and after submitting the report they told me to come back at 12PM. I went back at 12PM and they told me that you will have to come back at 2:30 as officers still reviewing your file. That made me go nuts for 2 hours. I was impatiently for 2:30. Went back again at 2:30 and the lady at outside window told me come back at 3:30 and collect the visas. I was so relieved to hear those words. Finally it’s over. Now, I’m going to work on those famous words by Kd “Live life King Size”

Once gain, I would like to thank for helping me a lot. This forum is really blessing for all of us. Thank you Rajiv Khanna. I’m so thankful to all those people who helped me unselfishly and I’m planning to do the same. Just bear with me until I come there if I can not answer right away as I’m having some connectivity problem here in India.

Let me know if any of you have any questions regarding my interview.

Thanks Raj1305!

Raj1305,
Thanks for the making me aware of the possible mistake made by the consulate.
I will email them and if possible call them to see if they have really cancelled my interview.

Ummm good info for pregnant wifes!

Congrats Vitor3536,

The 48 hrs wait period for pregnant women was not knowm. This will be helpful for us to have sufficient wait time between the medical and interviews.

My wife will be having a major surgery during her early pregnancy. I am worried that she have to wait for 4-5 hours sitting there for the interview.
I don't think they will make any special consideration to have us get through the interview faster.

Enjoy Your "Green Card".

Victor,
Congratulations, finally it is done. Well I am moving your experience to another thread "Sucessful interview at mumbai consulate from June '04 onwards" hope you don't mind.

thanks

Congratulations Victor. As I tell everyone "Live Life King Size". You definitely have an exciting year ahead with a baby on the way. All the best on that front and regards to your wife. Keep us posted on your POE and baby :) !

Congratulations Victor

Victor,

Congrats. I am doing the same "Living Life King size". All the best for the post GC life.

Srisubra

Employment Letter Format

Hello KD,RAJU,ALREN and others,

Please cllarify this doubt for me. I am in the process of getting the employmeny letter from my employer.

Here is the format my lawyer sent me.

==========================================================
Date: 15th July 2004
To,
The United States Consulate, Mumbai, India.

Subject: Immigrant visa processing for Mr. Rajesh H. Tagore.

Dear Consulate Officer,
This letter is to certify that XXXX has offered a permanent full-time employment to Mr. Rajesh H. Tagore to work as a XXXX at an annual salary of $xxxxx/-.

As a XXXX, Mr. Rajesh H. Tagore will do the following:

-short job description-(as per the Labor application)

Please refer to the Job description sheet attached to this letter for detailed job descriptions.

XXXX employs XXXX individuals and has a gross annual income of $XX Billion . We are ready, willing and able to pay the above referenced salary upon the approval of his immigrant visa.

Please note that this offer may be withdrawn by the employer at any time. Also, the employment relationship is at will, terminable with or without cause.

If you feel there is any further information that you require, please do not hesitate to contact me at XXX-XXX-XXXX.

Under penalty of perjury, the above recital is true and correct.

Sincerely,
(Signature of the HR representative)
(Name typewritten of the HR representative)
(Title of the HR representative)
==========================================================

1) Is this format adequate and complete?

2)My company is ok with the letter format except for the part where it says "permanent full-time position".they have a problem with the word "permanent". They want to use just " full time position". Is this going to be a problem?

3) Is is absolutely necessary for all this to be on a single one-sided page and notarized on the front side?

I would really appreciate any input from you guys.

Regards,

Raj

Last edited by a moderator:
raj1305,

1.) The format you have is adequate. In fact I have seen lots of formats that do not include the company's revenue etc. in the letter.
2.) But I have also noticed 'permanent' in all these letters. So I would suggest you work with your company to include this.
3.) I have no idea. I 'll wait for inputs from others on this.

Would strongly recommend you to take an earlier flight out of your home town and go by the (at least) 5ish flight to AMS. With 1.5 hrs. in AMS, you might be running it tight.

It happened to me mid June. flt. from home town to DTW got cancelled. Long story short, had to fly next day.

Raj...

Hi Raj,
I sent you a Personal Message. Could you pls reply. Would appreciate a lot.

Thanks
Sanjay

Photos for Medicals

Does anybody know what photos are required for the medicals. Can I take them from here (I won't have time in Mumbai as I have medicals a few hours after I arrive in Mumbai). Thanks.